Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt we'll see £20m plus for him. He's on £160k a week here. Everyone knows we'll want rid. Think we'll end up selling him for 13-15m and just be happy with him off the wage bill
Where is £160k a week coming from? I doubt he's on that...

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can't even think of a player going for that much with 1 year left - remember, they'd effectively be paying that fee for 1 year's worth of playing (plus the certainty of getting them).

For example, I think Leicester were hawking Tielemans around for transfers last summer, but no-one wanted to pay enough for it to be worthwhile selling.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt we'll see £20m plus for him. He's on £160k a week here. Everyone knows we'll want rid. Think we'll end up selling him for 13-15m and just be happy with him off the wage bill
Considering Benfica are currently paying his salary till the end of the season, absolutely no chance Guedes is on £160k p/w - You've either made that up, or got it from one of those terrible "PL wages" sites which do exactly the same...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering Benfica are currently paying his salary till the end of the season, absolutely no chance Guedes is on £160k p/w - You've either made that up, or got it from one of those terrible "PL wages" sites which do exactly the same...

I thought he was one of our highest earners but more like 80k

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unfortunately I haven't, our top earner

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I haven't, our top earner
Every site ive looked on,and there are some big variations i admit,has Raul as top earner on £100k a week Mouts about the same with Guedes on around £90k with Nunes
I doubt anyone bar Wolves knows the exact figures,what does surprise me is Neves on almost all the sites is on about £50k a week which i doubt very much i would add 50% on that at least,but who knows

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every site ive looked on,and there are some big variations i admit,has Raul as top earner on £100k a week Mouts about the same with Guedes on around £90k with Nunes
I doubt anyone bar Wolves knows the exact figures,what does surprise me is Neves on almost all the sites is on about £50k a week which i doubt very much i would add 50% on that at least,but who knows

Those sites that list every player's salary are simply making it up to get revenue from ad clicks.

You'd genuinely be better off looking on Football Manager for a more informed guide!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FM Suggest the following

I suspect mouts might not be as high after his 1 year.

Neves i know is notoriously on a low salary.

From my understanding previously

Guedes, Raul, all on about 90 to 100k

Traore Hwang Podence, Neto, Sasa

45k to 60k

No idea on Lemina, Sarabia right now

Collins Kilman Dawons all about 40k

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't even think of a player going for that much with 1 year left - remember, they'd effectively be paying that fee for 1 year's worth of playing (plus the certainty of getting them).

For example, I think Leicester were hawking Tielemans around for transfers last summer, but no-one wanted to pay enough for it to be worthwhile selling.
Looks like Barcelona 20m and a player chucked in Perhaps?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out predictions

Hoever 5m
Sarkic 1m
Coady 5m
Jonny 3m
Giles 3m
Sanderson 3m
Cundle 3m
Raul 5m
Adama free
Nunes 70m
Neves 60m
Moutinho free
Costa free
Guedes 15m
Jordao 1m
Kawabe 1m
Chem 2m
Corbeanu 2m
Mosquera 2m

£180m to play with and huge wages off our books too we could easily spend £200m this summer if we wanted it’s important we replace the experience in the squad though.

19 players we know at least half of them will leave

In

Cunha 45m
Traore 10m

Huge potential for another overhaul
it’s just not football manager. we have amortised fees our end to consider.

why would we sell Campbell and Mosquera? Giles could be a useful squad player.

too quick to want transfers on this board!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s just not football manager. we have amortised fees our end to consider.

why would we sell Campbell and Mosquera? Giles could be a useful squad player.

too quick to want transfers on this board!
Iv said this last season but we’ve loaned them out there only going to play cup games and be loaned again pointless keeping kids unless they are in the first team squad. It hinders there development

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv said this last season but we’ve loaned them out there only going to play cup games and be loaned again pointless keeping kids unless they are in the first team squad. It hinders there development
A lot of the young players are being loaned to put them in the shop window and eventually generate a decent amount of pure profit - as you say, they are very unlikely to ever make the grade at our level, so better to shift them whilst their stock is high (such as Giles), and I'm fairly certain this is the approach the club is taking with many of them

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with the likes of Giles and Sanderson etc is that championship clubs are generally skint these days .....they dont spend money on mass as a rule the last few seasons......it's changed dramatically...

Bar the clubs with parachute money they rest get by on loan signings.....

The likes of Middlesbrough etc , haven't paid over 4/5m on a transfer fee for about 5 season......

Selling them isn't a problem, getting a reasonable fee is.....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with the likes of Giles and Sanderson etc is that championship clubs are generally skint these days .....they dont spend money on mass as a rule the last few seasons......it's changed dramatically...

The likes of Middlesbrough etc , haven't paid over 4/5m on a transfer fee for about 5 season......

There good players at that level though with potential

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FM Suggest the following

I suspect mouts might not be as high after his 1 year.

Neves i know is notoriously on a low salary.

From my understanding previously

Guedes, Raul, all on about 90 to 100k

Traore Hwang Podence, Neto, Sasa

45k to 60k

No idea on Lemina, Sarabia right now

Collins Kilman Dawons all about 40k
Pretty much in line with what ive seen tbh once converted to pounds

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is true about Guedes obscene wage, then he is an absolute unprofessional disgrace for his attitude and quitting.
It certainly answers the 'well why did he come here in the first place' question

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was just another example that nobody is spending in the championship these days ....the league is skint ......the market for Giles and Sanderson is on its **** .....
Unless Middlesborough get promoted and see Giles as a key part of their squad for when they are in the PL. It wouldn't even take that- MGW's great season with Sheff Utd made Forest sign him on promotion.

The promoted clubs may see Giles in the same light given his young age and the fact he has now proven himself at Championship level with two seasons where he has been one of the most regular providers in the League.

I think we could milk up to £12mill in that situation.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
OUT - IN
Adama - Chiquinho
Costa - Sasa
Moutinho - MANUEL UGARTE
Raul - Fabio
Jonny - AARON WAN-BISSAKA
N/A - GONCALO RAMOS

Job done

I just don't see teams paying money for our players. Neves, Nunes, RAN, Neto, Kilman would be overpriced. Hwang, Sa, Semedo, Podence just wouldn't really suit many other teams and everyone else is broadly unproven or new to the club.

Screenshot_20230208_220937_LINEUP11.jpg
Loan or sell anyone not in the 25 above depending on the offers that come in.

Last edited:

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out - Jonny, Traore, Costa, Guedes.

In - ST, RB, CB, AM/L/R

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mail reporting this morning that Barcelona have been ordered to slash their wage bill by £177m to comply with La Liga rules next season. No way they can come in for Neves now surely?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mail reporting this morning that Barcelona have been ordered to slash their wage bill by £177m to comply with La Liga rules next season. No way they can come in for Neves now surely?
Depends if Neves is likely to be on/accept a lower wage than some of their current midfielders and can make them a transfer profit in the process.

De Jong seems the obvious one that would fit the above if Utd still want another CM.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

yeah this is the problem with the academy funding itself model we have, teams outside the Prem don't have the money anymore, the only way around it is to let players go for a reasonable fee but stick a massive sell on clause in the contract

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe - Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, Raul, Coady, Costa, Hoover, Giles, Sanderson, Guedes, Sarkic, Johnny and Cundle will all leave. Raising about
£170m

Loans for Mosquera,

Squad:

GK - Sa, Bentley,
RB - Semedo ,Lembisika + New
LB - RAN, Bueno
CB - Dawson, Kilman, Collins, Toti
Midfield - Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Hodge + New attacking midfielder
Wingers - Sarabia, Podence, Hwang, Neto & Chiquinho
Forwards - Cunha, Fabio, Sasa

RB - Carvajal
Midfield - Scott

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe - Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, Raul, Coady, Costa, Hoover, Giles, Sanderson, Guedes, Sarkic, Johnny and Cundle will all leave. Raising about
£170m
Not sure how you've managed to get £170m out of that! Neves with a year left on his deal will realistically go for £30m~, Nunes £50-60m, Guedes £20m if he does well at Benfica. That's maybe £100m, after that I'm not sure how you're getting an extra £70m from the rest. Raul, Costa, Moutinho, Jonny, Hoever, Sarkic are worth next to nothing or expiring contracts. Giles, Sanderson, Cundle might fetch £2-3m each.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously dont want Neves to ever leave.....but would anybody take 20m plus kessie.....
We've tried for him before and he's never wanted to come has he? I think if Neves goes, we need a new #6. I can see Gomes being played as an #8. Manuel Ugarte seems like the obvious answer to me, Mendes client, extremely good ball winner. If we lose Nunes, Alex Scott seems like an obvious answer as well.

With those two, we'd potentially have Ugarte, Gomes, Lemina, Scott, Traore. Add in Kawabe as the 6th midfielder so Hodge can go out on loan as well. It would be disappointing to lose both Neves and Nunes, but it's clear to see from what Hobbs has said in interviews, they are thinking several transfer windows ahead rather than letting it catch them by surprise.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've tried for him before and he's never wanted to come has he? I think if Neves goes, we need a new #6. I can see Gomes being played as an #8. Manuel Ugarte seems like the obvious answer to me, Mendes client, extremely good ball winner. If we lose Nunes, Alex Scott seems like an obvious answer as well.

With those two, we'd potentially have Ugarte, Gomes, Lemina, Scott, Traore. Add in Kawabe as the 6th midfielder so Hodge can go out on loan as well. It would be disappointing to lose both Neves and Nunes, but it's clear to see from what Hobbs has said in interviews, they are thinking several transfer windows ahead rather than letting it catch them by surprise.

I have as much chance of playing for us as Kawabe.

Nico Gonzalez to come in as Barca are broke.

Back
Top Bottom