Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would people want, £20m+?

Not for sale, he hasn't got anywhere near his ceiling yet and to replace him adequately would cost a lot, plus he will count as home grown. RAN has a few clubs eyeing him up as well, don't really want a situation where we are at risk of losing both these left backs and relying on Jonny and AN Other coming in

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Not for sale, he hasn't got anywhere near his ceiling yet and to replace him adequately would cost a lot, plus he will count as home grown. RAN has a few clubs eyeing him up as well, don't really want a situation where we are at risk of losing both these left backs and relying on Jonny and AN Other coming in
This i agree he’s improving game by game

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although i agree i do think theres a chance one of them will go,especially if we still want Acuna
For me it has to be £25 million minimum as he has already proved hes a Prem player and such a long time to improve even more
Similarly with RAN he coped with Salah easily yesterday and not for the first time either,minimum £25 mil imo

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd actually love him here. Think he's got some stick because he's probably been at clubs too big for him. He's not world class but like Sarabia, for a club like us he'd be incredible.

Doubt he'd even think about it though.
True but you can never underestimate the Lopetegui factor.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely not sell unless we are offered silly money. If we are to compete in the prem then we must realise what players are worth in that division. Play to your strengths not give in to fears of what if it goes wrong.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think apart from another striker it will be a quiet summer for us.

There’s doing our business early and then doing it 6 months early!
I think a striker depends on how Fabio performs at PSV over the next few months, I have a feeling they will loan him out again if he doesn't stand out at that level. He's currently on the bench again today. I also wouldn't want Sasa as our #1 option with his injury history.

The other big priority for me would be an upgrade on Semedo. The rest depends on outgoings really, especially if Neves and Nunes leave. With Lemina, Gomes and Bouba, you'd probably want a couple more so it's five options for a midfield three. Adama leaving would naturally be replaced in the squad by Chiquinho I think.
  • Raul & Costa out > New ST + Sasa back (loan Fabio again)
  • Moutinho, Nunes & Neves out > 2 New CM
  • Semedo & Jonny out > 1/2 New RB
  • Adama out > Chiquinho back
  • Possibly a new GK as rumoured
In the summer it would be a clean slate, much easier to sell the club to top players when we aren't battling relegation and hoping to contend for the top 7 again. In an ideal world of course, Neves signs a new contract and Nunes stays, and we get a world class striker and a right back in. Goncalo Ramos, Thierry Correia and Yaccine Bounou, top 4 here we come. ;)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I think a striker depends on how Fabio performs at PSV over the next few months, I have a feeling they will loan him out again if he doesn't stand out at that level. He's currently on the bench again today. I also wouldn't want Sasa as our #1 option with his injury history.

The other big priority for me would be an upgrade on Semedo. The rest depends on outgoings really, especially if Neves and Nunes leave. With Lemina, Gomes and Bouba, you'd probably want a couple more so it's five options for a midfield three. Adama leaving would naturally be replaced in the squad by Chiquinho I think.
  • Raul & Costa out > New ST + Sasa back (loan Fabio again)
  • Moutinho, Nunes & Neves out > 2 New CM
  • Semedo & Jonny out > 1/2 New RB
  • Adama out > Chiquinho back
  • Possibly a new GK as rumoured
In the summer it would be a clean slate, much easier to sell the club to top players when we aren't battling relegation and hoping to contend for the top 7 again. In an ideal world of course, Neves signs a new contract and Nunes stays, and we get a world class striker and a right back in. Goncalo Ramos, Thierry Correia and Yaccine Bounou, top 4 here we come. ;)
Would be over the proverbial moon should we keep Nunes and Neves and add Ramos.

I do think that although we always think this will be the year Ruben moves on the combination of Julen and his love for the club may just persuade him to extend that contract. One can but hope

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa and Chiquinho returning to fitness (plus Neto)

Fabio, Bolla, Giles, Cundle, Hoever, Mosquera and Sanderson amongst first team squad options returning.

Costa, Moutinho and Adama out of contract.

Two players per position

GK - Sa, Bentley, Sarkic
RB - Semedo, Jonny, Bolla, Hoever (Lembikisa)
LB - RAN, Bueno, Giles
CB - Dawson, Kilman, Collins, Toti (Sanderson, Mosquera)
Midfield - Neves, Nunes, Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Hodge (Cundle)
Wingers - Sarabia, Podence, Hwang, Neto, Chiquinho
Forwards - Cunha, Raul, Fabio, Sasa

Feels like no replacements needed for 3 out of contract. Can sell Sarkic, Hoever, Giles, Sanderson and Cundle (unless any are highly rated by Julen).

Everyone else is a like for like replacement with possible exception of able to sell Raul if Fabio impresses and Sasa is fit. What we generate we spend.

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like a CB in the Dawson mould - Tarkowski from Everton springs to mind.

A centre forward

And an upgrade on Sa

A RB if we can

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like a CB in the Dawson mould - Tarkowski from Everton springs to mind.

A centre forward

And an upgrade on Sa

A RB if we can
Nacho is out of contract in the summer and Dani Carvajal will probably be available for a low fee.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa and Chiquinho returning to fitness (plus Neto)

Fabio, Bolla, Giles, Cundle, Mosquera and Sanderson amongst first team squad options returning.

Costa, Moutinho and Traore out of contract.

Two players per position

GK - Sa, Bentley, Sarkic
RB - Semedo, Jonny, Bolla (Lembikisa)
LB - RAN, Bueno, Giles
CB - Dawson, Kilman, Collins, Toti (Sanderson, Mosquera)
Midfield - Neves, Nunes, Gomes, Lemina, Hodge (Cundle)
Wingers - Sarabia, Podence, Hwang, Neto, Chiquinho
Forwards - Cunha, Raul, Fabio, Sasa

Feels like no replacements needed for 3 out of contract. Can sell Sarkic, Giles, Sanderson and Cundle (unless any are highly rated by Julen).

Everyone else is a like for like replacement with possible exception of able to sell Raul if Fabio impresses and Sasa is fit. What we generate we spend.
B Traore in midfield too.

I can imagine we have basically spent the bulk of the summer budget this January. A few out of contract players to depart and fringe moved on for reasonably small fees.
Wouldn’t be a bad thing to leave the squad as settled as possible to go into next season. 1 or 2 first team squad players would be max I’d expect, and for them to be high quality we may need to see a high profile sale.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
B Traore in midfield too.

I can imagine we have basically spent the bulk of the summer budget this January. A few out of contract players to depart and fringe moved on for reasonably small fees.
Wouldn’t be a bad thing to leave the squad as settled as possible to go into next season. 1 or 2 first team squad players would be max I’d expect, and for them to be high quality we may need to see a high profile sale.
More purchases funded by any sales like neves or nunes plus fringe loan players

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Centre forward even tho we'll have silva and sasa is still needed unless the new forwards start scoring plenty. Costa and jimenez will be leaving.

Midfielder as we're losing 2 if not 3. Tho if 3 we'll be well paid.

Centre back option and loan toti out.

Sell semedo and new rb. Actually semedo is much improved but I think we can get good money for him and bring in someone more suited to our game. We have no rb cover either so we need an rb even if he stays.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Centre forward even tho we'll have silva and sasa is still needed unless the new forwards start scoring plenty. Costa and jimenez will be leaving.

Midfielder as we're losing 2 if not 3. Tho if 3 we'll be well paid.

Centre back option and loan toti out.

Sell semedo and new rb. Actually semedo is much improved but I think we can get good money for him and bring in someone more suited to our game. We have no rb cover either so we need an rb even if he stays.

Potential Outs:

Neves, Nunes, Raul

Likely outs:
Traore, Costa, Moutinho, Guedes

Places to strengthen
GK
DR (RB)

Remaining Midfield: Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Cundle, Hodge (probably would look at buying Alex Scott (Bristol) and or Urgate(Sporting)) if Nunes and Neves leave

Traore going i think is directly replaced by chiquinho (hope he comes back with the same talent and hype)

And a new CF even with SIlva's return

So priority CF,CM,RB,GK

3 or 4 new signings?

We need to trim the books anyway with some of the u21s having to be registered next year

B Traore etc

Last edited:

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jonny, Semedo, Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, Raul and Costa will go alongside a surprise maybe Kilman so will need at least the following

1 cb
2 rb
2 cm
2 strikers dependant on sasa recovery and fabio coming back

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jonny, Semedo, Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, Raul and Costa will go alongside a surprise maybe Kilman so will need at least the following

1 cb
2 rb
2 cm
2 strikers dependant on sasa recovery and fabio coming back
Toti will go I reckon at centre back ...replaced by new....Garcia will probably commit in the summer I reckon.....was probably unsure in January....

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still not convinced Neves will go, he appears to be the most criminally underrated midfielder in Europe and I just don't think the market is there for him at a price we would be willing to sell at. Just don't see any of the top 6 in this country making him a priority signing and paying top dollar for him.

The scramble and bidding war will be for Bellingham and Rice. No one even made a serious enquiry for him last summer or this January so why would there be a bidding war for him in the summer unless some chancers think they can get him cut price due to his contract length. Arsenal don't need him, Liverpool seem to be targeting Nunes instead, City may be out of the picture due to outside forces, he doesn't fit the profile for Chelsea and Spurs have never shown any interest. That leaves Man Utd as the only realistic destination and I don't think they will want him.

Really can't see him going to a Newcastle, West Ham, Villa because what would be the point?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Still not convinced Neves will go, he appears to be the most criminally underrated midfielder in Europe and I just don't think the market is there for him at a price we would be willing to sell at. Just don't see any of the top 6 in this country making him a priority signing and paying top dollar for him.

The scramble and bidding war will be for Bellingham and Rice. No one even made a serious enquiry for him last summer or this January so why would there be a bidding war for him in the summer unless some chancers think they can get him cut price due to his contract length. Arsenal don't need him, Liverpool seem to be targeting Nunes instead, City may be out of the picture due to outside forces, he doesn't fit the profile for Chelsea and Spurs have never shown any interest. That leaves Man Utd as the only realistic destination and I don't think they will want him.

Really can't see him going to a Newcastle, West Ham, Villa because what would be the point?
Only Barca really shown any interest

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potential Outs:

Neves, Nunes, Raul

Likely outs:
Traore, Costa, Moutinho

Places to strengthen
GK
DR

Remaining Midfield: Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Cundle, Hodge (probably would look at buying Scott and or Urgate) if Nunes and Neves leave

Traore going i think is directly replaced by chiquinho (hope he comes back with the same talent and hype)

And a new CF even with SIlva's return

So priority CF,CM,DR,GK

3 or 4 new signings?

We need to trim the books anyway with some of the u21s having to be registered next year

B Traore etc
What is a DR? Defensive ratbag?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson (2-3m), Giles (2-3m) and Cundle (1-2m) will all go IMO

I think you'll get more then that for Giles. Averages an assist every 5 games. Think you'd get closer to 6-8m maybe even 10m if you get sombody every keen. Doubt we'd sell Cundle for that little too.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget Guedes will likely leave in the summer too, hopefully Mendes can get is 20mill+ for him

I doubt we'll see £20m plus for him. He's on £160k a week here. Everyone knows we'll want rid. Think we'll end up selling him for 13-15m and just be happy with him off the wage bill

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out predictions

Hoever 5m
Sarkic 1m
Coady 5m
Jonny 3m
Giles 3m
Sanderson 3m
Cundle 3m
Raul 5m
Adama free
Nunes 70m
Neves 60m
Moutinho free
Costa free
Guedes 15m
Jordao 1m
Kawabe 1m
Chem 2m
Corbeanu 2m
Mosquera 2m

£180m to play with and huge wages off our books too we could easily spend £200m this summer if we wanted it’s important we replace the experience in the squad though.

19 players we know at least half of them will leave

In

Cunha 45m
Traore 10m

Huge potential for another overhaul

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the club aren't reading some of the comments in this thread.

We learnt under Nuno how quickly things can change in football and that you can't stand still.

If we stay up, we should be a much more attractive proposition than we were in January, and arguably much more than in the previous summer when Lage was the manager.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think keeping hold of our best players is the name of the game in the summer window. Then it's sign a CF and bolster any other area that Julen feels is needed.

I just hope that (myself included) we all remember this window just gone and realise that it should mean less incomings in the summer because less are needed.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt we'll see £20m plus for him. He's on £160k a week here. Everyone knows we'll want rid. Think we'll end up selling him for 13-15m and just be happy with him off the wage bill
If no one is prepared to pay a decent figure for him e will have to come back and decide if he actually wants to play football or not. He is a better player than we have seen. It will be up to him.

Back
Top Bottom