Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going about things hopefully as long as we get deals done by Monday, as then they have a bedding in period

here's hoping

I imagine there’s lots going on in the background, especially as movement seems to be speeding up everywhere else. My agency friend often jokes that he needs to plan his holidays for the last 3 days of the transfer windows because they are a nightmare lol he did say he expects it all to kick off over the weekend as the bigger teams start making moves, so hopefully that will filter down to us and we can start bringing people in (fingers crossed!)

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My goodness we have a lot of frustrated potential CEO's on this thread. It's like a 'succession' board meet without the swearing. Can we leave the running of the footie club to those that are actually employed and go back to talking about transfer activity.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I imagine there’s lots going on in the background, especially as movement seems to be speeding up everywhere else. My agency friend often jokes that he needs to plan his holidays for the last 3 days of the transfer windows because they are a nightmare lol he did say he expects it all to kick off over the weekend as the bigger teams start making moves, so hopefully that will filter down to us and we can start bringing people in (fingers crossed!)

Yep let’s hope, with a Brazilian pos unknown and Idrissi a good start just hoping mr Brazil Is a cm or Cb

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Find it strange we still cant find a right sided centre back since we got promoted and the need to update Moutinho is becoming more obvious by the week with a ready made replacement. If the first eleven isnt updated enough with the needed proven quality then we will only move backwards in my opinion and qualifying for Europe will be a distant dream.

Give Vitinho time. He needs to settle but no reason he can't be first team. He's literally called the new Moutinho in Portugal.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely get your frustration, I for one would not have liked to have taken my blood pressure in the West Ham game, or a good two hours after, and I imagine my neighbour is wondering what the hell a donck is as I spent most of the match shouting put donck on at the TV :smile:

I wasn’t attacking you by the way with my previous post, I just wanted to use it as a basis for my reply!
See Crocodile Dundee for the answer to your neighbour's question...

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most fans have seen enough over the last 30 years to know what is required to improve.
At this stage there in no clear immediate improvement. That hopefully will change.
Please let’s not go through the standard pant wetters , WUM a big club rhetoric.

Most of those 30 years were filled with dross. Little glimmers of hope under Jones and then Mick after that but we are trying to compete at a much higher level now.

With all due respect our experiences as wolves fans before fosun give us little knowledge or knowhow of how difficult this next step is. We dont know what is happening behind the scenes.

What I do know is that you don't sign Semedo if you are messing around. Need a couple more of his calibre for sure but I expect that deal alone was difficult enough.

That is not to questions yours, mine or anyone else's support over a few decades.

D

Deleted member 5962

At real isn’t he? Could be good loan to buy or out right purchase

not sure on his performances last year

Think he has played CB, DM and RB so far in his career too, so is pretty versitile. Cant see it being him though.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we are doing anything else, you can bet your bottom dollar it's because we're waiting for other dominos to fall first

IE

Telles > United
Vinagre > Porto
Ait Nouri > Wolves

As an example - Not saying that will happen.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From everything i can see journalist wise, the answer is happy with what we have will be reactive to if something becomes available. Like others have said, maybe the domino effect or if a target which was unlikely to happen or we have discussed with a club is made available for the right sum of money come deadline day.

Or i guess a severe injury sunday (Heaven forbid)

D

Deleted member 11332

From everything i can see journalist wise, the answer is happy with what we have will be reactive to if something becomes available. Like others have said, maybe the domino effect or if a target which was unlikely to happen or we have discussed with a club is made available for the right sum of money come deadline day.

Or i guess a severe injury sunday (Heaven forbid)

If we are indeed negotiating fees with clubs, it doesn't help for us to let the world know if we are deserate for a CB or a CM for example, puts us in a weaker position. Hence don't put much stock in 'happy with what we've got' as its just standard language used.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are indeed negotiating fees with clubs, it doesn't help for us to let the world know if we are deserate for a CB or a CM for example, puts us in a weaker position. Hence don't put much stock in 'happy with what we've got' as its just standard language used.

No i agree im not stating much stead in it, but every day that ticks by to monday we can, can the oh we are working on things because we cant say that on tuesday when the window is closed.

Nuno's comments of its not in the transfer market and other elements say to me that we may look at others in the January window but nothing anymore now. I think we do need a CB , a cm we just need some muscle or box to box player in there, i just dont understand why Donck didnt play city or spam but either way it doesnt appear that nuno thinks we need anyone there, hence vitinha was done quite early in comparison to others like semedo and hooever

D

Deleted member 11332

No i agree im not stating much stead in it, but every day that ticks by to monday we can can the oh we are working on things because we cant say that on tuesday when the window is closed.

Nuno's comments of its not in the transfer market and other elements say to me that we may look at others in the January window but nothing anymore now. I think we do need a CB , a cm we just need some muscle or box to box player in there, i just dont understand why Donck didnt play city or spam but either way it doesnt appear that nuno thinks we need anyone there, hence vitinha was done quite early in comparison to others like semedo and hooever

Think Vitinha was just opportunism personally and why he was brought in just after Siva. Seen a few mentions of a Brazilian cm on here from a couple of posters so seems we are in the market for one.

You are right though stuff needs to start moving pronto.

D

Deleted member 5962

No i agree im not stating much stead in it, but every day that ticks by to monday we can, can the oh we are working on things because we cant say that on tuesday when the window is closed.

I think people have read too much into the answers arent in the market comment tbh. To me it came across as the issues from that game need to be addressed on the training field because the team as a whole failed to perform and slotting a new signing in wont magically fix that.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people have read too much into the answers arent in the market comment tbh. To me it came across as the issues from that game need to be addressed on the training field because the team as a whole failed to perform and slotting a new signing in wont magically fix that.

This was the way I read into the comments also, I took it as Nuno didn’t want to use the excuse that we lost because we don’t have the right players, more that it was a team failing, which needs to be resolved with the team first, whilst being open to transfer opportunities as the market is open

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Based on a Brazilian coming in I would love to see Luis Felipe from Lazio as CB... but lets face it there are quite a lot of Brazilians that would improve our team! In fact probably fair to say as the most successful football nation in history ...every single position

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I completely grasp what your saying here and agree perhaps the comment is more game focused as you would expect to not undermine the terrible performance. Heres hoping eh, if something comes on Monday i will be quite shocked, i feel its bedding in and settling in time and then perhaps something else in January.

Hopefully podence is fit to play on the right with semedo, otherwise ill be dissapointed in nunos tactics if i see mouts and neves in the middle in the two again.

CB is needed, more than anything someone who is an athlete, we will see if tactics change, alot of our talk on the mix is hear say or assumptions we as fans just feel passionate about a win a loss or bad performance, lets see what a 38 game season looks like and importantly we had a poor start last year, if we get 6 points from 12 with one of those losses being city not the end of the world.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers reiterating we’re happy but also ‘don’t rule out one more if the right player is available’.

Also tried to claim upgrading at RWB was the top priority this summer as it’s how we will implement this new style, which I’m not really having to be honest.

D

Deleted member 5962

I completely grasp what your saying here and agree perhaps the comment is more game focused as you would expect to not undermine the terrible performance. Heres hoping eh, if something comes on Monday i will be quite shocked, i feel its bedding in and settling in time and then perhaps something else in January.

Hopefully podence is fit to play on the right with semedo, otherwise ill be dissapointed in nunos tactics if i see mouts and neves in the middle in the two again.

CB is needed, more than anything someone who is an athlete, we will see if tactics change, alot of our talk on the mix is hear say or assumptions we as fans just feel passionate about a win a loss or bad performance, lets see what a 38 game season looks like and importantly we had a poor start last year, if we get 6 points from 12 with one of those losses being city not the end of the world.

Agree with most of that, but would like to say I would prefer Podence on the left and Neto on the right so they can play narrower and leave the width for our WBs.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers reiterating we’re happy but also ‘don’t rule out one more if the right player is available’.

Also tried to claim upgrading at RWB was the top priority this summer as it’s how we will implement this new style, which I’m not really having to be honest.

The last bit is absolute bull****

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see why though, doc always cut in with traore going wide, this new style of possession and attack with semdo should work with the right man infront of him, if podence plays his clever balls semedo can get racing down the outside, id rather see traore in the middle and cut out, then be on the toes of the WB.

Jonny and semedo would be an excellent starting wb pairing for any team.

My nerves are if we do this style with two in the middle it cant be the Portuguese playmaker twins

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with most of that, but would like to say I would prefer Podence on the left and Neto on the right so they can play narrower and leave the width for our WBs.

TBH Amsterdam didnt even think of that and you are right in saying let them keep the width which is why we like the mould of inside forwards.. (jota) so im happy with podence left, neto right, i just got excited by potential podence/semedo link up play, not that neto cant provide something either

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it like that! If we're honest, if the answers to Sunday WERE in the transfer market we'd be buying half a new team. As you say, Sunday's debacle can be fixed on the training ground, that's all he meant

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

100% this. The players we have are more than capable of not losing to West Ham in that manner. Its essentially Nuno saying there are no excuses, the players did not perform as they should have and they'll have to work hard to repair the damage.

He wasnt ruling out signings. Notably didn't call for any more though like he had been doing.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Again, a statement that proves he isn't in the inner circle. Hedging his bets.

I've said before I have a lot of time for his articles on the athletic that go in to the personal side of the club and the BTS stuff in Europe was excellent and his post game analysis has come on leaps and bounds since leaving the E&S.

But the man is just not in the loop about transfers at all, hence phrases like "Don't rule out one more if the right player becomes available". Covers his tracks.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers has to hint he has some kind of inside track when clearly he doesn't. He can talk in generalisations but the nitty gritty and day to day rollercoaster of the transfer window is not something he can be expected to provide any original info on. He is an outsider like us but has a bit of inside contact with the club at a mid management/PR level at best imv. Conjecture and general commentary post club moves is what this kind of journalism is about.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
bet you used to buy her cards to get in her good books
My gran would give you birthday money and then proceed to win it all back off you playing pontoon.

On the transfer front, I believe like any business they are working on highly confidential deals and we'll only ever hear of the ones that come to fruition.

For the "right deal" they won't be sitting there waiting for someone to come and knock the door at Compton, they'll be working through the list of targets seeing which one(s) will be a match. I think they're still looking for a Jota replacement (though not in the Podence/Neto mould).

Back
Top Bottom