Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

D

Deleted member 5962

Tagliafico apparently available for 25m euro with Leicester after him. Surely worth a try?

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Come on. He certainly is not useless.

Well ok - not useless. He has two legs and can run around. Just **** at football.

Just like Jack Wilshire and lingard - totally overrated because he is (was) young and English. No end product.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quietly confident this is the first real instance of the Mendes carousel in motion, moving on a player that nobody expected to move for a lower fee to another one of his clients clubs. Looks like we’re doing Spurs a favour, lets hope there’s a favour lined up to help us too.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I say boring, I mean to other people! :tearsofjoy:

I actually quite enjoy my job much to the surprise of others. People assume the jobs boring but at least accountants make lots of money, I tend to find it’s more likely the opposite way around and the job is more interesting than most give it credit but there’s a lot less money in it for most than people think there is!

The one positive of understanding accounts is that in the age of FFP you end up being one of the few people who understand what half of it means! But it says a lot about where football is that so much of fans chat around transfer windows revolves around accountancy...
That was the problem for me I only understood half of it. I wouldn't have minded but when it came to taking my exams the questions were always on the half I didn't understand. :imp: :eek:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quietly confident this is the first real instance of the Mendes carousel in motion, moving on a player that nobody expected to move for a lower fee to another one of his clients clubs. Looks like we’re doing Spurs a favour, lets hope there’s a favour lined up to help us too.

Do you honestly think £15m for a 28 year old right back is doing Spurs a favour? I'm honestly surprised Mourinho hasn't done his research on playing Doherty in a back four, he can't defend one-on-one.

D

Deleted member 5962

Do you honestly think £15m for a 28 year old right back is doing Spurs a favour? I'm honestly surprised Mourinho hasn't done his research on playing Doherty in a back four, he can't defend one-on-one.

This is the part of this that makes the least sense to me. Doc is not really much of a better defensive option than Aurier.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Doc playing pushed up the pitch in a back 4 seems like an absolute recipe for disaster.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's a very good shout
Mourinho is the bigger fish and he's called in a favour

D

Deleted member 5962

That's a very good shout
Mourinho is the bigger fish and he's called in a favour

Surely he would go for Neves if that were the case. Signing Doc doesnt seem like a huge favour that we are being pushed into. Thats not a jab at Doc, more I honestly dont see the logic of this move on Spurs side unless theyre moving to a back 3.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely he would go for Neves if that were the case. Signing Doc doesnt seem like a huge favour that we are being pushed into. Thats not a jab at Doc, more I honestly dont see the logic of this move on Spurs side unless theyre moving to a back 3.

only know they need a right back

(Don't tell them Doc is only a wingback)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you agree if Doc goes, NWW, that our squad depth is far too light? First game in 2 and a half weeks with Buur and Vinagre the only 2 wing backs, no back up for Raul, Not many options in central midfield to compete and light on centre backs. No way the squad should be potentially this light at this stage in my opinion.
We finished the season five minutes ago. Ffs.
That’s me. Have fun wallowing!

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I read this forum correctly. We are selling Doc to a competitor to play in a position he is average in. So my take on this is that this will weaken our competitor. Also unconfirmed we are signing a younger replacement in AMN.
In reality we are Manuel. We know noothing Mr Fawlty.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone really think doc is going? I dont

Also does anybody think that even if Doc leaves he won't be replaced?

This feels like Barry Douglas all over again. When he was sold it was the end of the world, we'd never replace him. Jonny just wandered in, under the radar and I can honestly say we've not missed Barry one bit.

Admittedly Jonny's leg has now fallen off but that's not the point.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone really think doc is going? I dont
As I said in last night’s ramble, it does not sound plausible to me at all, other managers want one of your players every season but if they are not for sale they either have to pay way over the odds or give up on it, they usually do the latter.
It is the momentum that this story is getting and the apparently trusted sources that are confidently reporting it that makes it sound real.
Like I said before it could be the media getting carried away because it is a London club.
Time will tell.

Grendel74

Groupie
Reaction score
I Would take Cancelo from Citeh, he’s hardly getting any game time.

Cancelo would be an incredible signing but I suspect the cost would be prohibitive. Zinchenko far more likely from the City crowd, but if he didn’t fancy it back then not sure we’d go back for him. Correia smacks of the sort of player we’d go for. Didn’t know much about him so had a bit of a look - regardless of his limited playing time recently, he certainly has ability. Very quick, good on the ball, appears a more committed defender than Doc, better crosser of the ball. Doc just seems to have that instinct, that I don’t believe can be taught, to be in the right place to do fantastic things. I don’t think there are too many better finishers at wingback than Doc in world football!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Also does anybody think that even if Doc leaves he won't be replaced?

This feels like Barry Douglas all over again. When he was sold it was the end of the world, we'd never replace him. Jonny just wandered in, under the radar and I can honestly say we've not missed Barry one bit.

Admittedly Jonny's leg has now fallen off but that's not the point.
Obviously any player can move on however,I never like idea of the player leaving and then the selling club try to bring in a replacement.It should be the other way round otherwise the selling club know you have that money to spend .
If we are selling anyone I just hope we have replacements nailed on .

D

Deleted member 5635

Cancelo would be an incredible signing but I suspect the cost would be prohibitive. Zinchenko far more likely from the City crowd, but if he didn’t fancy it back then not sure we’d go back for him. Correia smacks of the sort of player we’d go for. Didn’t know much about him so had a bit of a look - regardless of his limited playing time recently, he certainly has ability. Very quick, good on the ball, appears a more committed defender than Doc, better crosser of the ball. Doc just seems to have that instinct, that I don’t believe can be taught, to be in the right place to do fantastic things. I don’t think there are too many better finishers at wingback than Doc in world football!
Correia is quick but not great with other attributes with what very little I have seen of him.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I put Cor
Correia is quick but not great with other attributes with what very little I have seen of him.
I put Correia’s name into Wiki and it says he plays RB for Bilston Town .I think someone has been messing around .

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be absolutely gutted if Doc goes but the last two times I've felt like this were Douglas and Cav and they were both upgraded so have to give the club the benefit of the doubt if it does happen

Back
Top Bottom