Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

D

Deleted member 11332

I'd be really pleased with Hoever. Athletic, strong, really good on the ball and could play RWB or centre half, only going to get better and at less than 10m is really good business

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll happily wait for the transfer window to close and all our business is done to see how the squad shapes up.

But the club is putting a lot of pressure on itself to produce the goods. I'm all for getting good young players and develop them but our first team is at the moment weaker than last season. A little over two weeks to go.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, say we sign Hoever and sell Jota, what do we need before the deadline in the opinion of people/

For me;

Senior RWB.
Backup winger.
Starting CB.

We should be in a position to spend huge amounts on the RBW and CB, although I won't hold my breath and the signing of Hoever says to me we might not sign either. If that's the case, serious questions need to be asked.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, say we sign Hoever and sell Jota, what do we need before the deadline in the opinion of people/

For me;

Senior RWB.
Backup winger.
Starting CB.

We should be in a position to spend huge amounts on the RBW and CB, although I won't hold my breath and the signing of Hoever says to me we might not sign either. If that's the case, serious questions need to be asked.

Don't fool yourself mate, this kid is our new RWB. Just what I think.

I'm sure he's talented but really hope I'm wrong and we get a top rwb in.

As good as Vitinha, Silva and this kid could be they are not 1st team regular, not yet and we will have let 2 first team regulars go.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back up goalkeeper . We would be in a relegation battle if rui got injured without a doubt .

Right wing back

Left wing back

Winger

Center mid that can dribble

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So this guy personally knows Jota's friends and family to get a quote from them AND is privy to details of a private call from Wolves to Leicester?

:D Not sure how reliable he is generally, but I don't think Gray would be an upgrade on Jota to be honest.

D

Deleted member 11332

So this guy personally knows Jota's friends and family to get a quote from them AND is privy to details of a private call from Wolves to Leicester?

haha, he's a charlatan can't believe people are falling for this ****

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't fool yourself mate, this kid is our new RWB. Just what I think.

I'm sure he's talented but really hope I'm wrong and we get a top rwb in.

As good as Vitinha, Silva and this kid could be they are not 1st team regular, not yet and we will have let 2 first team regulars go.
'could be'. That's the point. At 18 there is a long way to go. How many talented 18 year olds fail to make the grade over the following three or four years? Our first XI is getting weaker and weaker. What a terrible Window so far if Jota goes.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'could be'. That's the point. At 18 there is a long way to go. How many talented 18 year olds fail to make the grade over the following three or four years? Our first XI is getting weaker and weaker. What a terrible Window so far if Jota goes.

Nail on head mate.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just right.
With Moutinho ageing , Doherty gone and Jonny injured we are not stronger with these youngsters unless they are exceptionally quick developers.
And there is a chance as with Cutrone and Vallejo and Jordao they wont make that grade in two years time . What do we do then , buy some more kids . We need two Premier League ready players in that first 15, just to consolidate at 7th IMO
Who cares about Moutinho's age at this point? I haven't seen a single sign of him slowing down.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

For me;

Senior RWB.
Backup winger.
Starting CB.

The big worry for me is the number of goals we are taking out of the team. After Raul, Diogo and Doherty were our next highest scorers so whoever we bring in needs to replace that goal threat.

I personally see Hoever as being perfect for the right-sided centre-back role and back up for the RWB slot.

I’d probably be ok with Traore, Podence, Neto, Raul and Silva as forward options but would want a senior RWB, LWB and possibly a goalscoring midfielder.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are ,as many thought, in to another phase of our development . Post Europa League QFs , this is the freshen up needed.
It looks like we are keeping our really top players , brining in youth to replace those top players in three years time and rebalancing the squad.
I really do expect some quality experienced players to be joining , now we appear to have let Jota, MGW Doherty and Jordao go out ,who were not our top players .

Last edited:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for buying prospects, but the first team...

You´re not part of the ME generation I recon?
Besides,we have been Wolves fans for a long time.
Surely,we can wait another season or even three if there is a pot of gold at the end of the wait?
Us buying solid potential is just that.

I am fully prepared to accept a middle season or two.All part of the road to glory I hope.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed @Tring Wolf .. given Jota was our second top goalscorer last season. Traore, Podence and Neto will need to step up this season.

I'd like a winger, RWB and CB before the window ends - Thomas Lemar, Nelson Semedo and Jean-Clair Todibo please Jeff, cheers.

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Indeed @Tring Wolf .. given Jota was our second top goalscorer last season. Traore, Podence and Neto will need to step up this season.

I'd like a winger, RWB and CB before the window ends - Thomas Lemar, Nelson Semedo and Jean-Clair Todibo please Jeff, cheers.

As much as I love Adama I can’t see him adding goals to his game. Podence offers a lot but goals? Not convinced. Think we are lacking them unfortunately

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Jota deal goes through perhaps this is ‘extra’ money for transfer kitty and we can bring a couple more in.

The speed at which this has happened (publicly) shows that wolves do their business quietly. Anything can be announced without much prior notice.

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
The speed at which this has happened (publicly) shows that wolves do their business quietly. Anything can be announced without much prior notice.
[/QUOTE]

Does it? Don’t get the impression we’ve been hawking Jota around. Think it shows Liverpool do some of their business quietly

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the Jota deal goes through perhaps this is ‘extra’ money for transfer kitty and we can bring a couple more in.

Shows how fast we can sell.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux Mix on past signings
Neves- failed at Porto
Moutinho- here for a last payday
Raul- ****/failed/doesn’t Score enough
Boly- hates it at wolves he’s off/ failed at Porto
Rui- doesn’t come off his line/past it
Dendoncker-what does he do? Anderlecht fans dont rate him
Neto- doing Mendes a favour
Podence- too small for the prem
I’m glad our scouts aren’t off this forum

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You´re not part of the ME generation I recon?
Besides,we have been Wolves fans for a long time.
Surely,we can wait another season or even three if there is a pot of gold at the end of the wait?
Us buying solid potential is just that.

I am fully prepared to accept a middle season or two.All part of the road to glory I hope.
No pots of gold for clubs who sell their best players to rivals. That is sheer delusion. 18 year olds are a huge risk - many many players never make the quality jump from there to say 22/23. We are desperately in need now of at least three quality players in their early to mid twenties who can enhance the first XI immediately. Little sign of that happening.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux Mix on past signings
Neves- failed at Porto
Moutinho- here for a last payday
Raul- ****/failed/doesn’t Score enough
Boly- hates it at wolves he’s off/ failed at Porto
Rui- doesn’t come off his line/past it
Dendoncker-what does he do? Anderlecht fans dont rate him
Neto- doing Mendes a favour
Podence- too small for the prem
I’m glad our scouts aren’t off this forum

:tearsofjoy:

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No pots of gold for clubs who sell their best players to rivals. That is sheer delusion. 18 year olds are a huge risk - many many players never make the quality jump from there to say 22/23. We are desperately in need now of at least three quality players in their early to mid twenties who can enhance the first XI immediately. Little sign of that happening.

To be fair there was little sign of the Jota deal before today. Nobody knows what other deals we are working on. Please God (aka Nuno) let there be some.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big worry for me is the number of goals we are taking out of the team. After Raul, Diogo and Doherty were our next highest scorers so whoever we bring in needs to replace that goal threat.

I personally see Hoever as being perfect for the right-sided centre-back role and back up for the RWB slot.

I’d probably be ok with Traore, Podence, Neto, Raul and Silva as forward options but would want a senior RWB, LWB and possibly a goalscoring midfielder.

Jota scored 7 goals last season and one assist. Didn’t three come in one game?
I May be mistaken.

until Podence and and Neto get full seasons it’s hard to say if the goals can be replaced or not but 7 isn’t a massive bar to be set

Back
Top Bottom