Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

STs for 21/22 season

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its just one long queue for everything. Me and my mates moan about queuing for 3 mins in the South bank for a beer. It was a 3 kick off and about 2:15 i thought id grab a beer, queue was ridiculous so thought ill go to the toilet then go to my seat. Queue for the toilets was ridiculous. Never again.
Yep, remember hearing/reading people moaning about the Steve Bull stand and thought it can’t be that bad.

Sat in there for Shrewsbury cup replay game, queued to get in about half hour before kick off knowing it’d take a bit of time to get in having seen the queues when I normally walk past them. Went straight to my seat and thought it hadn’t been too bad aside from the fact my knees ended up being the bloke in fronts head rest.

Busting for a **** (that’s a 1 not a 2 for anyone wondering which word is filtered!!) so decided to go 5 mins before half time to beat the queue as I was 2 from the end of a row so wouldn’t disturb too many people getting up early.

I swear by the time I got back to my seat it’d been 6 days and we were playing Newcastle!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, remember hearing/reading people moaning about the Steve Bull stand and thought it can’t be that bad.

Sat in there for Shrewsbury cup replay game, queued to get in about half hour before kick off knowing it’d take a bit of time to get in having seen the queues when I normally walk past them. Went straight to my seat and thought it hadn’t been too bad aside from the fact my knees ended up being the bloke in fronts head rest.

Busting for a **** (that’s a 1 not a 2 for anyone wondering which word is filtered!!) so decided to go 5 mins before half time to beat the queue as I was 2 from the end of a row so wouldn’t disturb too many people getting up early.

I swear by the time I got back to my seat it’d been 6 days and we were playing Newcastle!
Could have been a 3 !!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon we might get to 50% capacity by the end of the year at a pure guess, the clubs will need to mandate staggered entrance I'd think. No more Jack Harris going from 10% to 99% in the 5 mins before kick off (not a criticism, just an observation).
Nightclubs open in June , they are joints that are open all night with revellers getting jiggy with each other on the dance floor after 10 pints , 20 shots and a bag of beak !!! Why would we still only be at 50% capacity in an open air stadium while crap like this will be allowed ?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Nightclubs open in June , they are joints that are open all night with revellers getting jiggy with each other on the dance floor after 10 pints , 20 shots and a bag of beak !!! Why would we still only be at 50% capacity in an open air stadium while crap like this will be allowed ?
I'll believe nightclubs opening in June when I see it

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading through this and as a Steve Bull ST holder, if there are still Covid issues in August, I don't believe the seating will be the issue with the authorities but the congestion in the concourse, both before and after the game and at HT. It's scary enough there, and in the toilets, without Covid! If the bars were closed, the overhead TVs turned off then it might keep the crowd moving, whereas now, after about 2.30, you literally have to fight your way down.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've had anxiety over them offering my season tickets (home and away) to someone else ever since I requested a refund

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't request a refund but shan't be renewing. Getting my refund will be fun I think
Music to the ears of those on the waiting list. Fair play to you not renewing. I'm on the waiting list and if offered one I will politely say no thanks.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know when we'll hear about what's happening with season tickets for next season? Are they waiting until after June 21st?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Music to the ears of those on the waiting list. Fair play to you not renewing. I'm on the waiting list and if offered one I will politely say no thanks.

Why's that Burton as a matter of interest ?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why's that Burton as a matter of interest ?
Thought I might go for one again. But to be honest I can't be bothered, especially with all the added hassle that is going to be involved. I'll see at a later date how things are going to pan out. I'll just go now and again as long as it looks enjoyable. Which tbh I somehow doubt. Things were going sterile for me even before Covid.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I might go for one again. But to be honest I can't be bothered, especially with all the added hassle that is going to be involved. I'll see at a later date how things are going to pan out. I'll just go now and again as long as it looks enjoyable. Which tbh I somehow doubt. Things were going sterile for me even before Covid.

I get where you're coming from and pre-Covid it wasn't fun I agree.

I suppose the only thing is that if we give up our place and the good times return, would we regret it.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Man City, Liverpool, Southampton and Spurs games just before lockdown v1 were sterile affairs?

Each to their own I guess

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm indifferent for next season tbh what with one thing and another, travel, changing ko times, o/n accommodation, but I'm loathe to give up my ST. I'm kind of hoping that if full capacity is not authorised for next season, certainly the start, then ST holders may be given the option to forgo their ST for 21/22 but reclaim it for 22/23 when things will be completely back to normal. Perhaps a pipe dream but for some, like me, that would be an ideal arrangement.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given just one poor sod died from covid in the last 48 hours then if that ground ain’t full to the rafters first game of the season with fireworks, DJ, maybe even a live set from Planty, then it would be an absolute disgrace.
Even if a man eating hellbeast emerges from the Stan Cullis?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm indifferent for next season tbh what with one thing and another, travel, changing ko times, o/n accommodation, but I'm loathe to give up my ST. I'm kind of hoping that if full capacity is not authorised for next season, certainly the start, then ST holders may be given the option to forgo their ST for 21/22 but reclaim it for 22/23 when things will be completely back to normal. Perhaps a pipe dream but for some, like me, that would be an ideal arrangement.
Likewise which would be a shame to not see those people around me that I have got to know over the years. No ideas of their names but we know what makes each other laugh.

I feel that if issued the numbers of STs may be quite small (mainly because we have been lied to too often about Covid-19- not by Wolves though).

After 50years + as a Wolves supporter I feel my desire to see matches live is slowly draining away - mainly due to Covid but in part the Club and fans seem to be slowly drifting apart.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from and pre-Covid it wasn't fun I agree.

I suppose the only thing is that if we give up our place and the good times return, would we regret it.
I fully understand you not wanting to give your place up. It took a lot of soul searching from me to do it. But looking back I haven't regretted it. The only game I struggled for a ticket if I wanted to go was the semi against Watford. Got one in the end. Wished I hadn't :)

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Man City, Liverpool, Southampton and Spurs games just before lockdown v1 were sterile affairs?

Each to their own I guess
No I understand that, however the vast majority of games are sterile, I had a ST in The South Bank and at a lot of games we may as well have been in church.

Hazza

Reaction score
That’s a great shout and would I think be taken up by a lot of people. Would also give those that want to go who aren’t season tickets holders a chance of tickets on a game by game basis

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You lot can fight amongst yourselves for tickets. I will think about going when the capacity increases and it is safe to go.
I think i will watch the under 23s.

CVWolves

Reaction score
I'm another who is teetering on the edge of renewal vs non renewal. Waiting to see the prices. I also have an AST but as I am moving to Spain in September (for a year at minimum) I would obviously be losing those privileges for the 22/23 season by not attending 75% of games even with a renewal for 21/22 season.

I dont know what price point would case enough anger for people to actually walk away. Anything but 'price freeze' will undoubtedly be met with angry rhetoric, but I doubt after this s**t year many would turn down renewal at an extra £50. If it was a £150 rise, then there might be some who vote with their feet.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very good idea that is. However will Wolves forgo the lump sum up front from the 20k? That remains to be seen. Especially if the team isn't playing too well and they start not to be able to shift the tickets.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very good idea that is. However will Wolves forgo the lump sum up front from the 20k? That remains to be seen. Especially if the team isn't playing to well they start not to be able to shift the tickets.
What lump sum is that Burton? Thinking about this I expect once this season is over ST holders will get an email, with renewal prices and asking if they want to renew? I would not contact those on the waiting list till I knew what the maximum capacity was going to be in August. If the capacity is reduced by say 5k, that may be met by those not renewing STs. If the capacity is reduced by say 10k then the Club will need to use some creative thinking, perhaps along the lines of my earlier post?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What lump sum is that Burton? Thinking about this I expect once this season is over ST holders will get an email, with renewal prices and asking if they want to renew? I would not contact those on the waiting list till I knew what the maximum capacity was going to be in August. If the capacity is reduced by say 5k, that may be met by those not renewing STs. If the capacity is reduced by say 10k then the Club will need to use some creative thinking, perhaps along the lines of my earlier post?
The lump sum is 20k x price of season ticket. pay it or lose it. Refunds if needed the club will sort that out later if needed.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Southampton requested the season ticket money this year and basically had to refund it all back game by game.Madness.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the recent ballot was an example of the creative thinking within the club, I shudder to think what they will come up with.

R

reanswolf

I respect people's personal thoughts, but I am gonna stick up for the club. I can't see what they have done wrong, all clubs have used this ballot system, however I don't agree with the £45 ticket price for Manure, and if that is a reflection of the pending ST price then likewise I wouldn't renew. But this is currently pure conjecture, and the club so far have done little wrong, so I don't think that at present any criticism is justified. If you don't want to support Wolves any more by attending, that is your prerogative. But Molineux, in the seasons prior to covid, was as atmospheric and bouncing as I ever recall it. So I am a bit baffled by some of the negative posts.

I suspect people have fallen out of love with the game with empty stadiums, but Wolves prior to the covid situation were everything we had ever dreamed of. I do think that the older population are the ones who will pack it in, and I think crowds at most places are going to be smaller because of this, so clubs ought to realise that they will need to entice fans back rather than hit them with potentially damaging and extortionate ST prices.

In short, next season's ST pricing will be make or break for many, I hope the club are proactive in this sense.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I respect people's personal thoughts, but I am gonna stick up for the club. I can't see what they have done wrong, all clubs have used this ballot system, however I don't agree with the £45 ticket price for Manure, and if that is a reflection of the pending ST price then likewise I wouldn't renew. But this is currently pure conjecture, and the club so far have done little wrong, so I don't think that at present any criticism is justified. If you don't want to support Wolves any more by attending, that is your prerogative. But Molineux, in the seasons prior to covid, was as atmospheric and bouncing as I ever recall it. So I am a bit baffled by some of the negative posts.

I suspect people have fallen out of love with the game with empty stadiums, but Wolves prior to the covid situation were everything we had ever dreamed of. I do think that the older population are the ones who will pack it in, and I think crowds at most places are going to be smaller because of this, so clubs ought to realise that they will need to entice fans back rather than hit them with potentially damaging and extortionate ST prices.

In short, next season's ST pricing will be make or break for many, I hope the club are proactive in this sense.
But with 10,000 on the waiting list, the ones jacking it in will be easily replaced.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This thread has made for some interesting reading with some very good contributions. It's made me think hard about my own feelings about things and has given me food for thought.

I used to be a season ticket holder but when I moved further away to Newcastle and had kids I gave up my season ticket and became a member. I couldn't justify travelling down every other week and the odd weekday and leaving my wife to fend for herself. It's about an 8 hour car journey round trip to Wolverhampton so it takes out a whole day. Getting a train has gotten ridiculously expensive and harder thanks to the mess of the rail network.

My son is now 19 (how time flies) and a member with me and has been travelling down with me to about 14 home games a season on average (and a fair few away games). We have both been on the ST waiting list for a while. He started university last year though (a local one), so this may change things over the next few years. I always imagined I'd get a ST regardless of his plans and make the journey down to all home games. Especially now the kids are grown and my work is more flexible. Having second thoughts now though, not sure I'd want to travel down without him if it came to that. Maybe it just seems daunting as I'm out of the habit of our routine.

Like for everyone, it's been a hard year and there have been lots of changes. I've lost two family members and I've been travelling regularly to Wales to look after my parents. I've gotten fit with running and exercising, pretty much stopped drinking and eating crap food. Life just feels a lot different and my priorities feel different. The Super League shenanigans made me think hard about what football has become, the exorbitant price of the Man United tickets has frustrated me, along with many of the issues @Hot Fuss alluded to earlier. I was particularly disillusioned with the club trying to sell expensive memberships with a few token gifts this season. I also still haven't received a refund for the Bournemouth tickets me and my son paid for last season (first home game off because of Covid) and the club haven't bothered answering my enquiries about it.

With price increases in the offing I'm thinking more and more about just staying a member and not getting a ST even if they became available (we're high up on the list). I don't think I'd get one regardless if I was offered one in the Steve Bull stand. Think I'll stick to the membership for now and hope to continue to be able to keep our loyalty points high and get tickets as regularly as we do now.

Hazza

Reaction score
We’re at a crux as well. Oldest son is at Wolves Uni (chosen so he could go to games) - he’ll be in his third year come September. Middle one is off to Uni so who knows where he’ll end up with the assessment/exam situation (and he won’t j is until results day mid August) and youngest son has got used to not going (he’s 11 and plays Saturday mornings so some kick offs for wolves he’s either missing or were rushing). I’d love to still go but feel if I go myself I’m being a bit selfish in terms of time and money with rest of family. A Saturday 3pm home game means we leave home at 12./12.30 and get home about 6.30 - live near Silverstone.

we’ve had season tickets this time (had them before in 90’s) for 5 seasons now, great seats in SBU level with penalty area at south bank end. Happy with seats, price will be a determining factor but also the whole VAR, diving, haircuts and super league have just made it a bit meh.

I’ve loved the last few seasons with many memories to cherish, but life and priorities change and I’m not sure post COVID life will be the same for anyone ..... I guess we’ll all make our own decisions based on our own circumstances.
My lad at Uni will def do his so I think I’ll do mine but not sure about the other two for next season at least and then see after that.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I gave my ST up when the kids came along, I'm now at a stage that even though I've become accustomed to armchair watching, I'd have another one and my lad and I are on the list, so if the chance came up I'd buy them and have them for a few years, until life changes again I suppose. Challenge is whether I'll get the chance.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am going to renew i live in Berkshire so its a long journey especially the journey back! Its the different kick off times that kill me at times going to a night game in particular. Takes me a day or two to recover.
It be interesting how i take to doing it all over again as im not getting any younger or go back to picking and choosing games like i did before.
But i like my seat in the Billy Wight and you get to know people around you.
One of the main reasons why i got a ST was to get tickets to the the away games but only managed to get one away ticket two seasons ago with my points which was really frustrating.
So it sort of made it redundant.
As an aside i wouldnt mind a ballot on that one day as its a closed shop to me must be for others.Im not saying all of them just a small percentage to give everyone a chance.
I think that probably be the main reason for giving it up in the end.Whats the point of 1000 pts might as well have 10 pts?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price of the ticket will be what makes me go one way or another. I've always said anything over £600 for a seat in the South Bank would be a joke.

I'm an AST and VAR is completely ruining the game we love. You've got more idea of what's going on watching it at home on a dodgy stream than on the back row of the South Bank.

I hope they give us a decent window to make our minds up. I want to see investment from the board, decent signings.

R

reanswolf

But with 10,000 on the waiting list, the ones jacking it in will be easily replaced.
You'd think so, but many of those on the waiting list will be made up of the remaining 7000 fans who go to most home games anyway.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think quite a few of our older ST holding fans may not renew. Having not been used to crowds , saving money , home comforts etc I think some may think twice
I’m in this bracket at present. I’m still wary about going anywhere with lots of people , mainly supermarkets
I’ve saved so much money over past 18 months and treated my grand kids to stuff I wouldn’t have been able to afford if attending football games
As a for instance I went out a couple of weeks ago for a pint with two friends. Nearly £14 for 3 pints , plus another few quid on snacks
Made me realise how much easier it is to watch at home having been to bargain booze for drinks and how much football costs
I’m thinking if my ST is anywhere near £600 this time then I’m out ( I say that as I think they will go up to cover credits owed)

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it allowed. Because we are Morons.

Back
Top Bottom