Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

STs for 21/22 season

D

Deleted member 11332

Good points though, will sky and BT want to keep these multiple kick off times? I hope not, there uses to be at least 3 or 4 games on a Saturday at 3, and with us not being so appealing this season they’ll involve us a lot if it goes back to that? Sunday games are an absolute killer for me and my lad

I think they will want to but I can't see it, 6pm on a Monday night for example isn't gonna cut it.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they will want to but I can't see it, 6pm on a Monday night for example isn't gonna cut it.
I watch games at that time as I can’t go but once I’m back only wolves would interest me at 6 on a Monday

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good points though, will sky and BT want to keep these multiple kick off times? I hope not, there uses to be at least 3 or 4 games on a Saturday at 3, and with us not being so appealing this season they’ll involve us a lot if it goes back to that? Sunday games are an absolute killer for me and my lad
Plus Sunday is for Sunday League, not the pro game! Hate Sunday matches.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I think the TV companies will be glad to go back to the old format. I reckon they are stretched with staffing all the games. The quality of coverage has noticeably dropped in a lot of games I've watched.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I can't remember what the 'old' TV live footie schedules were?! Was it 1 on Fri night, 1 early, 1 later Sat and 1 on Sun? Were the rest then at 3pm Sat?
Saturday Lunchtime (BT)
Saturday Evening (Sky)
Sunday Afternoon x2 (Sky)
Either Friday/Monday Night (Sky)
Occasionally Saturday Night (Sky)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the wild variety of kickoff times have been to get games on telly and avoid clashes. Unfortunately, this year we are all armchair fans. Hopefully next season will be a bit more like previous years.

I think the kick off times will be here to stay now and suspect that providers have wanted to get to this stage for a long time. Some other European leagues have spread games throughout the weekend for years

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So are you saying the vaccine doesn’t work?
I’m saying the vaccine isn’t endless, we need boosters and if very dependent on how long is required before we need that booster.

Also thankfully to date everything is suppressed by the vaccine but all it takes is one new super strain which could occur at any time.

they are edging on side caution but take NRL Australia, they have had 80k attendance for AFL last month and already reduced the NRL to couple hundred for their big magic weekend event due to covid

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m saying the vaccine isn’t endless, we need boosters and if very dependent on how long is required before we need that booster.

Also thankfully to date everything is suppressed by the vaccine but all it takes is one new super strain which could occur at any time.

they are edging on side caution but take NRL Australia, they have had 80k attendance for AFL last month and already reduced the NRL to couple hundred for their big magic weekend event due to covid
Your right we should be cautious but also we shouldn’t live in fear. Interesting to see what the next 7 months bring

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately back onto football - it will be interesting what strategy wolves apply for season tickets and overdue refunds
Those that wanted refunding got it like myself they emailed ST holders. As for new ticketing it would have to be a ballot I would imagine? Due to reduced capacity?

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Those that wanted refunding got it like myself they emailed ST holders. As for new ticketing it would have to be a ballot I would imagine? Due to reduced capacity?
I think Colwall is referring to those of us who agreed to have money off the next season ticket as opposed to direct refunds. I’m also owed for the Europa League fixture which I did not get a cash refund for.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The impression I got from the early answers on this thread was that most/all thought we would be at full capacity in August?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do not discuss vaccines on here.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wil be interested in how the breaking of patterns will change attendances .
Will the fan who gave up his full day to travel and watch go back to that ? As the OP suggests older fans may be effected .

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Reckon we might get to 50% capacity by the end of the year at a pure guess, the clubs will need to mandate staggered entrance I'd think. No more Jack Harris going from 10% to 99% in the 5 mins before kick off (not a criticism, just an observation).

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interested to see how they intend to fill the Steve Bull with social distancing snd those big **** off queues that are similar to how the south bank was back in the days of standing

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As things are going I can't see any reason we won't be back to normal. The only likely change will be a requirement to prove your fully vaccinated or produce a recent negative test result. That might slow entry down a touch!
Of course things could all go wrong again but barring a major problem most of us want to return to a semblance of normal life, not live in fear for the next 10 years.

Reaction score
Just doing some quick maths to guesstimate season ticket costs based on prices from last year and Man Utd price........

Assuming all tickets for 2019/20 were CAT A @ £35 for Stan Cullis 19 games @ £35 would be £665. Divide that by season ticket cost of £514 gives a cost difference factor of approx. 1.3.

If you use the CAT A price for the Man Utd game of £40 and calculate that for 19 games would be £760, if you divide that by the cost difference factor. That would give a season ticket would cost approx. £585 in Stan Cullis, which would be a 12.1% increase in ticket cost.

So I think a cost rise of 10% looks to be the minimum level to expect !

D

Deleted member 11332

Reckon we might get to 50% capacity by the end of the year at a pure guess, the clubs will need to mandate staggered entrance I'd think. No more Jack Harris going from 10% to 99% in the 5 mins before kick off (not a criticism, just an observation).

Think you'll struggle with that, are they actually going to turn people away who miss their slot for example and I'd suggest no. No one wants to be in the ground for an hour before the game so surely they'd just still turn up at quarter to.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think you'll struggle with that, are they actually going to turn people away who miss their slot for example and I'd suggest no. No one wants to be in the ground for an hour before the game so surely they'd just still turn up at quarter to.
Then they will wait to get in, once it happens first time people will adapt. Although tbf they can just split the crowd so much the getting in shouldn't be an issue with the modern turnstiles. The concourse is the problem though more than entering.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are the government going to enforce that Stadiums can't be at full capacity when other outdoor events will be happening over the summer (horse racing, festivals etc) ?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

How are the government going to enforce that Stadiums can't be at full capacity when other outdoor events will be happening over the summer (horse racing, festivals etc) ?
Not fully outdoor so the transmission indoors is the issue. Might be ok though will have to see.

D

Deleted member 11332

Then they will wait to get in, once it happens first time people will adapt. Although tbf they can just split the crowd so much the getting in shouldn't be an issue with the modern turnstiles. The concourse is the problem though more than entering.

But you'd assume the staggered times mean that the last group are in for 15 mins before so thats no deterrent and if I had a slot of say 2pm I'd just turn up at 2.45 and if I missed the first few minutes of the match it wouldn't bother me as I'd not just sat in my seat for an hour without a beer twiddling my thumbs with no phone signal.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

But you'd assume the staggered times mean that the last group are in for 15 mins before so thats no deterrent and if I had a slot of say 2pm I'd just turn up at 2.45 and if I missed the first few minutes of the match it wouldn't bother me as I'd not just sat in my seat for an hour without a beer twiddling my thumbs with no phone signal.
We will see if it works at Wembley for playoffs, if they turn people away the first time then every other time you can guarantee it is followed.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hadnt been in the SBU for about 25 years (since I was in my early teens) until a couple of seasons ago when I swapped my ST in the South bank for a game, Jesus what a dump. It makes the South bank feel like the Bellagio.

Woahhhhhh steady on that’s my second home you’re on about there!

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woahhhhhh steady on that’s my second gone you’re on about there!
Its just one long queue for everything. Me and my mates moan about queuing for 3 mins in the South bank for a beer. It was a 3 kick off and about 2:15 i thought id grab a beer, queue was ridiculous so thought ill go to the toilet then go to my seat. Queue for the toilets was ridiculous. Never again.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its just one long queue for everything. Me and my mates moan about queuing for 3 mins in the South bank for a beer. It was a 3 kick off and about 2:15 i thought id grab a beer, queue was ridiculous so thought ill go to the toilet then go to my seat. Queue for the toilets was ridiculous. Never again.
Yep it’s woeful, if you want a pint at half time you need to start queuing around 30 minutes into the game or you’ll not get it before the mad rush

D

Deleted member 11332

We will see if it works at Wembley for playoffs, if they turn people away the first time then every other time you can guarantee it is followed.

But you can also guarantee a right pain in the **** with potential of stewards being both verbally or worse physically assaulted for trying to enforce it. I just can't see how it's ever going to work. It's probably all academic as according to the roadmap, no restrictions from June, why would football be any different.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not fully outdoor so the transmission indoors is the issue. Might be ok though will have to see.
If nightclubs are allowed to open then there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t have full capacity stadiums open.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
initially read this post as STIS, then realised nope not those its season tickets.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it is controversial but a vaccine passport and/or a recent negative test may be necessary if we are to see full stadiums again any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom