Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

STs for 21/22 season

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the ballot thread and seeing about 50% applied got me to thinking about next season's ST. I expect things may change through the summer but I wonder what people think the maximum attendance will set at for August? I doubt it will be full capacity? I also wonder how people, esp older fans and those that travel a distance to Molineux, are thinking about returning? Until the Gov't set out the seating criteria for grounds (I assume each ground will have to undergo an individual assessment?) it may mean that ST details/ plans/prices will be delayed until well into the Summer?

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
As far as I am aware its all back to normal after 21st June, my son is going to a big wedding the Saturday after, all as was before, the next few weeks may change that but who knows, the crucible had full capacity over the weekend & there are already a number of music events going on

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given just one poor sod died from covid in the last 48 hours then if that ground ain’t full to the rafters first game of the season with fireworks, DJ, maybe even a live set from Planty, then it would be an absolute disgrace.
An opportunity not to be sniffed at

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Reading the ballot thread and seeing about 50% applied got me to thinking about next season's ST. I expect things may change through the summer but I wonder what people think the maximum attendance will set at for August? I doubt it will be full capacity? I also wonder how people, esp older fans and those that travel a distance to Molineux, are thinking about returning? Until the Gov't set out the seating criteria for grounds (I assume each ground will have to undergo an individual assessment?) it may mean that ST details/ plans/prices will be delayed until well into the Summer?
I was pretty pessimistic about full capacity attendances next season only a short while ago, but now I reckon it's likely. Will be interesting to see if a relatively large amount of season tickets don't get renewed. I'm sure they'll all be snapped up sharpish if they do.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a number of STHs go through habit , so with the dire performances and the habit broken the dynamics may change.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Especially those from Dewsbury.....

Demographics may change but think people are very keen to do things now.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea to ban people outside a radius of 50 miles from Wolverhampton from attending matches. This would help contain the spread of the virus. Oh and it might silence some negativity :)
Double that and add 2 then I just might agree! :)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv got no idea why people think we won’t be at full capacity by August.

Really? Has the last year taught you nothing? We are surrounded by morons, we are getting to the point where people won't take vaccines, that leads to mutations of which we are already seeing a number. It is already expected that we will need to have boosters for these new variants so for anyone to think that there is no chance of the wheels coming off again soon seems pretty daft. Hopefully that won't happen of course.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Has the last year taught you nothing? We are surrounded by morons, we are getting to the point where people won't take vaccines, that leads to mutations of which we are already seeing a number. It is already expected that we will need to have boosters for these new variants so for anyone to think that there is no chance of the wheels coming off again soon seems pretty daft. Hopefully that won't happen of course.
Cheer up

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As sure as little apples there will be another surge in the autumn/ winter, that's why it was announced yesterday that all over 50s will be offered a third jab in September. What happens to football will depend on how big the surge is. It's turning out just like the pandemic of 100 years ago, when there were also three surges. Get used to it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Surrounded by morons'. Yes indeed.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll see your 130 and raise you 90. If that's ok with everyone. :D
I think it’s brilliant how far some of you travel and would never say anything but. The fact Wolves pull in people from all over the place proves to me we are fighting in the league below the big 6, with Villa Newcastle Leeds Everton West Ham and Leicester. The next 7 I guess you could call it

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As sure as little apples there will be another surge in the autumn/ winter, that's why it was announced yesterday that all over 50s will be offered a third jab in September. What happens to football will depend on how big the surge is. It's turning out just like the pandemic of 100 years ago, when there were also three surges. Get used to it.
We have a,ready had three surges imo. I am not sure the 2 peaks in Sept/October and December/March should count as one tbh, but I am not sure what the virus thinks....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over 34 million have already had a jab. It’s a pretty low percentage of people who don’t want a vaccination.
Got to get on with life sooner or later, there were 4 covid deaths out of 67 million people reported on Tuesday. viruses will always mutate, do we just do away with gatherings forever just in case?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking for an excuse to start a new thread.

Can't see the problem with the topic tbh, at least we're having new threads !

I hope like most hope that we're back to full capacity come the new season, but we've only got to look at India right now to know its not been totally eradicated, and the Test Matches they played against England in front of a crowd didn't help their situation.
I have a good friend who heads the infectious disease clinic at a large hospital in the north west and he believes there will be another spike, but not (we hope) of the scale previously.

It's good that we've been piloting indoor and outdoor concerts/tournaments as that will form the benchmark going forward.

Re the ST, I shall renew as I've had some of the best times of my life on the terraces of Molineux and wouldn't want to miss out on more.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see the problem with the topic tbh, at least we're having new threads !

I hope like most hope that we're back to full capacity come the new season, but we've only got to look at India right now to know its not been totally eradicated, and the Test Matches they played against England in front of a crowd didn't help their situation.
I have a good friend who heads the infectious disease clinic at a large hospital in the north west and he believes there will be another spike, but not (we hope) of the scale previously.

It's good that we've been piloting indoor and outdoor concerts/tournaments as that will form the benchmark going forward.

Re the ST, I shall renew as I've had some of the best times of my life on the terraces of Molineux and wouldn't want to miss out on more.
Liikewise, I will be renewing (though I toyed with the idea of not, mainly because I hate lunchtime and Monday evening kick offs)

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liikewise, I will be renewing (though I toyed with the idea of not, mainly because I hate lunchtime and Monday evening kick offs)

Think many feel that way regarding crazy kick off times, especially if there's distance to travel.
I can't see 3.00pm Saturday k.o's ever returning unless heaven forbid we find ourselves in the bottom reaches of the Football League again. Having said that, 5.30pm Saturday games have been good historically, probably because you've had all afternoon to wet your whistle.
There's certainly no enjoyment in doing a London away gig if it kicks off at 4pm on a Sunday, and as for a 8.00pm on a Monday evening at Brighton, perhaps not.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone who travels a long way what is the view on ko times next season? Will we continue with Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon? Night kos mean I usually stay over which makes the trip really expensive. Different days, ko time changes buggers up get cheaper fares on the trains. Everything is geared for the armchair fan.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume when crowds back that will stop be more like before.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
As someone who travels a long way what is the view on ko times next season? Will we continue with Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon? Night kos mean I usually stay over which makes the trip really expensive. Different days, ko time changes buggers up get cheaper fares on the trains. Everything is geared for the armchair fan.
I think the wild variety of kickoff times have been to get games on telly and avoid clashes. Unfortunately, this year we are all armchair fans. Hopefully next season will be a bit more like previous years.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good points though, will sky and BT want to keep these multiple kick off times? I hope not, there uses to be at least 3 or 4 games on a Saturday at 3, and with us not being so appealing this season they’ll involve us a lot if it goes back to that? Sunday games are an absolute killer for me and my lad

Back
Top Bottom