Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stop your life and watch this right now

D

Deleted member 3573J

2 mins 10 seconds, Gibbs-White little bit of skill looks even more impressive from that angle, I didn't notice the rolling his foot over the ball at the time. I thought he was very good again when he came on, he looked good in the cup games in the deeper role but I'm now unsure what his best position would be as he looked very good further forward. He has a great touch, quick feet and that ability to just glide by a player and make it look effortless, so could one of the forward positions be his best position?

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
2 mins 10 seconds, Gibbs-White little bit of skill looks even more impressive from that angle, I didn't notice the rolling his foot over the ball at the time. I thought he was very good again when he came on, he looked good in the cup games in the deeper role but I'm now unsure what his best position would be as he looked very good further forward. He has a great touch, quick feet and that ability to just glide by a player and make it look effortless, so could one of the forward positions be his best position?

Thinking the same. I watched it live on TV and thought MGW's move was spectacular then, but these alternative highlight videos make me appreciate these plays even more. Costa's nutmeg was vintage form from last season, I think if he can just get one past the keeper in open play he'll catch fire.

These guys are having a lot of fun out there. They look completely relaxed, composed, and in control. It keeps getting better.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure there was also an outrageous bit of skill in first half where Costa sold a couple of defenders the wrong way to open up oceans of space down the right hand side. Maybe I'm imagining it..I do like Lee Evans' remonstrations about the red card. What exactly was his point?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just so good isn't it. Some of the skill is outrageous. I have to pinch myself to believe it is coming from the Wolves on occasion.
What a player MGW is looking already...

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am in awe of what I can only describe as the football intelligence shown by our lads. When Costa nutmegged that chap he had headed away from the defender, in order to get him to drop his guard and THEN he showed his skill and skinned him. A second example, and this has been raised by someone previously (sorry I can't remember who) is when Jota had the chance to smash the ball at the net. The point is that we would have all had a lash at the ball but he didn't, he waited and shot when he had a clearer way to goal. These are examples of football intelligence par excellence. We have football polymaths of Einstein standing.

USA Wolf

Reaction score
I'm sure there was also an outrageous bit of skill in first half where Costa sold a couple of defenders the wrong way to open up oceans of space down the right hand side. Maybe I'm imagining it..I do like Lee Evans' remonstrations about the red card. What exactly was his point?

Maybe he thought it should only be a yellow since he kicked him in the chest and not the face :D :D :D

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He did plus Cav's foot roll over the ball in the first minute

E

Essex Wolf

I've always been proud of the club and truly love it but right now it seems a whole lost easier to be proud and in love with it compared with times in the past.

D

Deleted member 4453

it's such a blessing but you can take it all for granted.
None more so than when you watch another live match between 2 poor sides.
I know Swansea beat us but last night made me realise how grateful I am to be at any Wolves game at the minute.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa's nutmeg really was filth, in real time he seemed to slow right up and then literally turn himself inside out in the same movement, it was ridiculously cheeky, but brilliant to watch.

K

KiwiWolf

Looks to me from the last bit of that clip like Neves is on his way. I'm sure if you look carefully at his lips you see him mouth the words "**** this for game of soldiers..... give me sunshine and passionate fans any day"!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
but I'm now unsure what his best position would be, so could one of the forward positions be his best position?

Morgan started the U17 World Cup Final in the no.10 position. I think that's where he's played a lot of his football and maybe where he feels most comfortable at the moment.

The last few times he's been used further forward, it's been when we have had 2 strikers on the pitch (Forest - Mir and Leo & Sheff United - Afobe & Leo) and he's slotted in to that no.10 role perfectly.

This gives us a great option of going 3-4-1-2 instead of the usual 3-4-2-1, although I think he could comfortably play one of the wider no.10 roles. In fact, he's got the ability to play almost anywhere, even in a central midfield 2.

USA Wolf

Reaction score
To be fair, from what I heard from the comm he seemed to be a decent ref.

I would agree, I was just making light of the early going this season when Jota would be obliterated within the first five minutes of every game :)

He had that red card out a second after the keeper pummeled Jota

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan started the U17 World Cup Final in the no.10 position. I think that's where he's played a lot of his football and maybe where he feels most comfortable at the moment.

The last few times he's been used further forward, it's been when we have had 2 strikers on the pitch (Forest - Mir and Leo & Sheff United - Afobe & Leo) and he's slotted in to that no.10 role perfectly.

This gives us a great option of going 3-4-1-2 instead of the usual 3-4-2-1, although I think he could comfortably play one of the wider no.10 roles. In fact, he's got the ability to play almost anywhere, even in a central midfield 2.
When he came on he looked just like one of the Portuguese players. He could eclipse them all too!

Wolvessince63

Reaction score

Like Nuno said “we have a world champion “

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I watched the great video, but I haven’t stopped my life. It seems a bit extreme- things are going ok at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom