Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton v Wolves comms. thread.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a result considering the circumstances. So much better 2nd half.

Gomes to start next game

JL is god

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we have only seen a small sample but I would play both Lemina and Gomes deeper and then Neves pushed forward.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Feel sorry for our fans who have to travel all that way just to see the Jarred Gillett show. He pretty much killed the game off on 27 minutes. The best we can hope for is Southampton red card and then a point. A repeat of Bristol City away would do nicely. The situation looked hopeless at 0-1 and down to 10 men there too.
I no longer feel sorry for our fans who travelled all the way to Southampton!

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth we turned that around is beyond me!! Cheers Bednerek for getting the momentum going for us!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've derided Costa, but based on that, have to say his presence was much more effective than any of our other forwards. Maybe it is just some players are not suited to this league? But Costa fits right in. Doesn't look sharp, but he made Southampton defence very uncomfortable by throwing his weight about. Caused them problems when before we hadn't. No goal, but a key role in our win.

<EDIT> Theres some mocking of "the big strong man up front" idea - yet today it was what we needed.

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've derided Costa, but based on that, have to say his presence was much more effective than any of our other forwards. Maybe it is just some players are not suited to this league? But Costa fits right in. Doesn't look sharp, but he made Southampton defence very uncomfortable by throwing his weight about. Caused them problems when before we hadn't. No goal, but a key role in our win.
This. In 10 minutes he did more to unsettle Saints than Cunha did. Before that it was too easy for them.

Back
Top Bottom