Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton (H) Pre-Match Thread

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
4B1F010D-744B-4D02-BC08-5FB432DBB647.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Here we go again, first home league game of 2022 and what feels like ages since the last one (0-0 v Chelsea if you’ve forgot)!

We’re in good form, confident and have players playing really well. And yet I don’t feel that sure we’ll win today, maybe it’s just me? We don’t have a great record at home to Southampton, maybe that’s it. Just feels like the kinda game we’ll let ourselves down in a bit like palace away or home to Brentford.

Anyway, let’s be positive and optimistic! A chance for 3 important points, which would keep us in touch with the teams above us and open a decent little gap to the teams below too. We have to play well, but we’re definitely capable of winning. An early goal would be great, it settled everyone down last weekend in the cup.

In terms of line-up I guess the big decision is does Bruno replace Saiss with Marcal, Donck or Sanderson? My guess is Marcal.

Whether you’re following the game in Wolverhampton, or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those 3 points lads!

COYW!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two sides in decent form. If we start with the same defensive mistakes and confusion as last weekend then we will find ourselves chasing the game.

Hopefully that won’t happen and we play on the front foot, if we carry on our form we will win.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Two sides in decent form. If we start with the same defensive mistakes and confusion as last weekend then we will find ourselves chasing the game.

Hopefully that won’t happen and we play on the front foot, if we carry on our form we will win.
I’m with you on this one Ned, Southampton will be more clinical than Sheffield. Hopefully Lage has sorted us out defensively and we can look forward to an entertaining game and another 3 points.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m with you on this one Ned, Southampton will be more clinical than Sheffield. Hopefully Lage has sorted us out defensively and we can look forward to an entertaining game and another 3 points.
I’m still scarred by the 6-0 loss. Similar situations but different league.

But we can’t make those mistakes at the back as we will find ourselves down.

Really looking forward to seeing the teams as there are a few positions where selection isn’t clear cut. Namely CB, LWB (if Marcal isn’t CB), RW and (for the first time this season) CF.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton and Brentford before a very nasty looking run of games in the league. No reason why we can't win today, but will be a tough game. Hard one to call.

Think Fabio might start this one.

Come on boys.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it will be Donk instead of Saiss. Jiminez needs a big game, after last week I think Fabios right on his heels. Expecting more great things from Podence his confidence his high and he's in great form. COYW let's get another comfortable 3-0 under our belts

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it will be Donk instead of Saiss. Jiminez needs a big game, after last week I think Fabios right on his heels. Expecting more great things from Podence his confidence his high and he's in great form. COYW let's get another comfortable 3-0 under our belts
Agreed SW.
Donk to continue as he did for the
Sheffield United 2nd half, rather than Marcal.
With a lot of Scummers Supporters living round us, hope we sort 'em BIG TIME.!!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully a good game, likely just get the scores through as going elsewhere today, but hopefully the good result!

Enjoy those who are going.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Up early ready for the game. Son’s still in the land of zzzzz so some peace for a while. The tradition is drive down with the scarf out the window and when the lad was young he enjoyed seeing it flapping and cars looking etc but now he just complains that the scarf stinks! I haven’t sniffed it but on reflection the storing in the glovebox then hanging out the window in all weathers together with the fact I can’t ever remember washing it probably dies lead to him being right. Oh well another stinky journey for him today and all that’s left to say is come on Wolves!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton went above us last night, so would be good to go back into 8th. A big win could take us above Man U into 7th, at least for a couple of hours.
COYW.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worryingly have a bad feeling about this one following all the '3rd best defence in Europe' talk of the last week. Definitely Donk rather than Marcal for me. And yes, Raul does need a big game. Enough of making babies, son, stick a few in the onion bag...

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Worryingly have a bad feeling about this one following all the '3rd best defence in Europe' talk of the last week. Definitely Donk rather than Marcal for me. And yes, Raul does need a big game. Enough of making babies, son, stick a few in the onion bag...

Yeah me too, it's always the way when we starting getting carried away.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stick one in the ball bag instead of emptying his own?

Last edited:

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a simple 1-0 to the good guys, keeping up the binary record. Raul to score against the Saints again to remind everyone who the big dog is.

Not having Marcal in a back three. I think we will start with Sa-Donk-Coady-Max-Semedo-Neves-Mouts-RAN-Trincao-Raul-Podence.

Adama on at 65 and Silva on for the last 10 mins.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be a tight one - I think we're very evenly matched with Southampton. JWP, Broja, Romeo all playing well.

Fabio 1-0

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usually tight games with the Saints,expecting another today,well we dont do easy do we?
All the hype over our defence makes me nervous,but perhaps thats just me
We need a couple of good results in these next 2 games ,with another nasty run of fixtures to come after,so heres hoping we play like we did second half against Sheff Utd and the back line has sorted itself out, 1-0 for a change :)

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
2-1 Wolves. Think it will be more difficult after their midweek win but gooefully they are a little leggy.

My twins' 3rd game so a 'legal' goal would be nice for the 400 mile round trip!

Come on lads!!!!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is going to be a very tough game in my opinion. Possibly tougher than Man Utd away. Southampton have picked up well. We will need to play better than on Sunday when we did well but looked slightly dodgy in defence at times.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see us start off as we did at the Comedy Store - sorry, 'Theatre of Dreams' / Old Trafford.
Take the game to them, put them on the back foot so they find it difficult to get a foothold in the game. Get Podence working his magic in tight areas and we should be ok.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes at LCB and no Neves in the squad. Eh oh.

Back
Top Bottom