Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton (H) Pre-Match Thread

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d have had Jordao in before Donk in midfield. But my biggest concern would be where is Neves.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow… fair play. He’s done very well on loan but wasn’t expecting that this season, even when he came back
My take would be Neves is missing so Dendoncker isn’t an opinion at CB, no Marcal either.

So that leaves Gomes or Sanderson and Gomes will probably go back to Grasshoppers so 3 club rule isn’t an issue where as Sanderson if he plays for us can’t play anywhere else (other than Blues).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I'm nervous! Good luck to Gomes today. It was obvious Neves was going to be out today. There have been no pics of him training all week despite Bruno saying we had no more issues, yesterday. Neves is a massive loss and Dendoncker really has to step up today.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just saying because it’s Neves but premier league clubs losing elite athletes that they invest millions in because they test positive for a mild cold, which they likely don’t even know they have or even have at all, it absolutely ludicrous.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Donck needed to cover for Neves' absence (Covid apparently) in midfield and Marcal also seemingly injured, I guess we had no choice but to go for either Sanderson or Gomes there.

But shows our lack of experienced options midfield, which is what we’ve all been saying since last summer.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, our bench suddenly looks VERY u23ish again and all it takes is a few injuries.

It does. Can understand why Gomes gets started having played well on loan all season. Jordao has only just recovered from long term injury, so makes more sense for him to come off the bench second half if needed.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Gomes right or left footed and is he quick? I’ve never seen him play.

I’m a little worried about today. Neves is key to breaking up play and starting attacks, Donk just runs around randomly having minimal impact. We need Mouts to have a good game today.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m a little worried about today. Neves is key to breaking up play and starting attacks, Donk just runs around randomly having minimal impact. We need Mouts to have a good game today.

Left footed I believe. From reports I've read, he's meant to be quick.

Reactions: Ned

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Left footed, very quick

Reactions: Ned

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
neves out with covid don't worry to much.

Confirmed by spiers,

Gomes would have played in fa Cup but Cup tied

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm excited about Gomes' debut! Hope he flourishes. Anyone know if Neves is out for just this one?

Neves clearly wasnt training on Wednesday in the training pics released this week so if he tests negative tomorrow or Monday and he is well then he should be fine for next weekend. My only concern is clearly Hoever is still testing positive as he tested positive over a week ago.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression that Bruno doesnt trust Cundle or Jordao to start games or Donck would have been at the back today. Either that or Gomes has been amazing in training. Big game for Dendoncker today. He simply has to play well.
gomes high up the list from musings out of molineux

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
With saiss at Afcon and neves and hoever covid and other injured players would have grounds for it to be called off - glad we didn’t

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves clearly wasnt training on Wednesday in the training pics released this week so if he tests negative tomorrow or Monday and he is well then he should be fine for next weekend. My only concern is clearly Hoever is still testing positive as he tested positive over a week ago.
I know people who have tested positive for 14 days.

Everyone is different.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, didn't see that coming. Love a surprise debut... good luck to you Toti, take it with both hands and it could be a huge bonus to come out of this situation

Lage say's he's the only CB we have (along with Dion) but the only one he could play not the change the system *insert any number of small squad comments here

Shame to be without Neves today though, that's a big blow. Others have to step up and be counted today as Saints won't roll over for us

Back
Top Bottom