Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton (H) Pre-Match Thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big big miss with Neves,he was starting to play like we all know he can
Another rejigged back line and another veiled call for players by Lage
Hope Gomes does well,but its a baptism of fire for the youngster as you know they will target that area
Oh well we are we are,come on me babbies

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this is the problem with having only three centre midfielders, one of whom is also the back up centre back. Good luck Toti, hopefully the birth of a star.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the impression that Bruno doesnt trust Cundle or Jordao to start games or Donck would have been at the back today. Either that or Gomes has been amazing in training. Big game for Dendoncker today. He simply has to play well.
Been thinking about it and it must be a case of Gomes having a great week in training. He rejoined the squad amidst talk of him going straight back to Zurich at the end of the month. In the interim period, Bruno - who has never seen him play before - has seen enough to put him in from the start (let alone put him on the bench).

I like that this is a possibility for Wolves! It reminds me of a bygone era where players no-one has ever heard of sign unexpectedly and surprise everyone.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this is the problem with having only three centre midfielders, one of whom is also the back up centre back. Good luck Toti, hopefully the birth of a star.
Centre midfield is 100% the area we need to strengthen most. Doesn’t have to replace Neves or Moutinho but offer rotation and a different type of player in there.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes is like lightening apparently, fastest player at grasshoppers.
I'm not worried about Toti playing at all just us missing Neves who has been brilliant for us.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With saiss at Afcon and neves and hoever covid and other injured players would have grounds for it to be called off - glad we didn’t

That's the problem with recalling our loan players. We lose the ability to call off games but have a much weakened side as a result. Arsenal on the other hand, loan players OUT instead then get to call games off with only 1 Covid case. Maybe we're too nice about it?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the problem with recalling our loan players. We lose the ability to call off games but have a much weakened side as a result. Arsenal on the other hand, loan players OUT instead then get to call games off with only 1 Covid case. Maybe we're too nice about it?
They'll be the same one's crying when they have to play 4 games in 7 days to catch up during the toughest part of the season. I'd rather just play the games.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lonwijk is part of a very poor Sittard team. Marques can't get a look in at Belenenses. Sanderson doesn't seem ready and then there is Gomes who hopefully turns out to be good..

Also I don't get the "reluctance to bring in average centrehalf"...

How about signing a quality centrehalf??
The bit about gomes being suspended

Back
Top Bottom