Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So who’s the plan B ?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're only 9 games into the season, 4 points behind Liverpool in mid-table. It's not like it's a relegation battle in January or February, so I don't think that will put many candidates off.
Cant see where the wins are coming from and evidence of management being up to the task. Doesnt inspire confidence

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he must have know all of this from the beginning surely
I dont think so, his father could have turned over night, i think actually seeing and being with his father changed it, shi went out there, and tried but reality is family came first.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
someone mentioned lacking leaders, other than mouts and neves.

If you look at what happened this season with lage.

We lost the following leaders.

Coady, Ruddy, Saiss, Boly.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never smoked in my life. Blame the drink!

Seriously though, I know Poch or Tuchel might be a pipe dream but they should be the calibre off manager we should be looking at.

Martins or Dyche OR Poch or Tuchel? Primark or Harrods?

Fosun have got the money, so pay it for a top quality manager or rip up the project!
I'm not sure they'd come regardless of the money. It's too risky a job for their CV's.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We had them last season and the year before that and we looked rubbish as well! Don't think Boly is much of a leader, yes the other 3 are.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whoever we get and at what stage too, has the same big problem as Lage had, no strikers who are fit and firing. We are stuffed until January as it will take Costa almost that time to get full fitness etc. Jimenez absence is an ongoing saga that looks like a bad ending and Kalajdzic is out until God knows when and that is our currently unsolvable situation. Add in the Neto loss to injury and we are in really serious trouble indeed. Who would want to come to manage a club whose transfer policy is run by two donkeys and not by the wishes and needs of a coach / manager? The bottom line is: we just some way, somehow, need to stay up this season.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good video on Monaco's tactics from a few years ago when they won the league and made the Champions League semi-finals under Leonardo Jardim with, at the time, a very young side, beating PSG to the title and Man City in the quarter finals of the UCL.

4-4-2 double pivot with one of the strikers free roaming (Guedes/Hwang?), attacking full backs, one midfielder drops in to cover (Neves), one midfielder gets forward (Nunes).

If people want attacking football, not many better options in my opinion.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good video on Monaco's tactics from a few years ago when they won the league and made the Champions League semi-finals under Leonardo Jardim with, at the time, a very young side, beating PSG to the title and Man City in the quarter finals of the UCL.

4-4-2 double pivot with one of the strikers free roaming (Guedes/Hwang?), attacking full backs, one midfielder drops in to cover (Neves), one midfielder gets forward (Nunes).

If people want attacking football, not many better options in my opinion.
Yes for attacking football jardim, would be my go to choice.

However it could utterly fail and capitulate

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure they'd come regardless of the money. It's too risky a job for their CV's.
Thats being negative.

Just think of the positives on their CV's if they get us out of this mess and up the Premier League!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah and Lage didn't want some of those to go.

So the person making those decisions is still in a job sat at Molineux . Surely people see this needs to change or we go around in circles or go down .

fleck1

Reaction score
I can’t help but think there is more to this than meets the eye, did he not get assurances he wanted re money to spend
It must have been common knowledge his personal situation so what were the talks about
His personal situation may well have been common knowledge and it was easier to handle working back home. But Jeff visiting in person and seeing if there was was a way to appease the situation is surely the right thing to do if he is/was the main target. People looking for anymore than that in the situation are doing exactly that for a reason to bash the club a little more

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes for attacking football jardim, would be my go to choice.

However it could utterly fail and capitulate
He hasn’t failed anywhere else to be fair, maybe the season he left Monaco (and came back again) but to be fair by that point that golden generation of Monaco had been stripped dry by the elite clubs.

Just feels like a strong fit tactically, and he has history of benching Moutinho which is a plus for me.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn’t failed anywhere else to be fair, maybe the season he left Monaco (and came back again) but to be fair by that point that golden generation of Monaco had been stripped dry by the elite clubs.

Just feels like a strong fit tactically, and he has history of benching Moutinho which is a plus for me.
I agree i like the idea of jardim, its if it will work where we are at as wolves atm.

Eagerly awaiting a twitter refresh to see who we have contacted

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had them last season and the year before that and we looked rubbish as well! Don't think Boly is much of a leader, yes the other 3 are.

It was rubbish back then, true. But we are currently playing rubbish at a level that is a league of rubbish lower than back then. Wins and goals were never this bad. But beyond that, it's the lack of motivation and effort the players are showing that was never even close to this bad. And that is down to the strong character of those individuals who have left, where those we now have look fragile and not interested in fighting for results.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conceição is the man for me. Plays good football is highly regarded and would know quite a bit about our squad
My concern is how difficult it would be to get him from Porto but if it’s possible I would be all in for him
Either him or Amorim would be my top targets. Sergio has been extremely successful at Porto and seems like an excellent manager. It's time for Jeff to pull out all the stops!

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What makes you think Nuno would a) want the job if it's only until the end of the season and 2) want a DoF role?

The more time goes on the less against Nuno I am (never thought I'd be saying that) but I can't see him wanting to be a caretaker or anything other than a manager.

Cos no matter how bad Wolverhampton may be… it’s better to be living here and managing in the premier league than living in the desert, surrounded by the fun police, managing a club a tin pot league when your only their for the money.

I would hope there is no sane human being, or amount of money, that would stay with al-Ittihad rather than coming to manage in the top league in the world.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think conceicao ruled himself out as did amorim, they are both in champs league, not chumps r us as we are right now

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His personal situation may well have been common knowledge and it was easier to handle working back home. But Jeff visiting in person and seeing if there was was a way to appease the situation is surely the right thing to do if he is/was the main target. People looking for anymore than that in the situation are doing exactly that for a reason to bash the club a little more
Not at all it just seems strange to me that given the situation as it stood if they thought that he needed convincing then surely the possibility that he would not be able to commit to us then plan B would be immediately actioned

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cos no matter how bad Wolverhampton may be… it’s better to be living here and managing in the premier league than living in the desert, surrounded by the fun police, managing a club a tin pot league when your only their for the money.

I would hope there is no sane human being, or amount of money, that would stay with al-Ittihad rather than coming to manage in the top league in the world.
Nuno's a proud man. Can't see him wanting to be a temporary option no matter the league.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
That in of itself should be reason not to consider Martins. If he is willing to have extended negotiations with a relegation-threatened Championship club, one who as far as I can tell do not have a 'project' in place like we did, that is a sign he either does not believe in his own ability to hold out for a Premier League club, or there are none beating his door down. As others have said, his unimpressive win percentage does not inspire confidence.
Perhaps Mendez said to Martin's go and talk to them that plays in the orange and black and mistook Hull city as to what he was talking about.
We ain't played in old gold since the Goodyear days.

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
As much as I would like one of the European glamour names I hate to admit it as I'm not his biggest fan but Sean dyche might just be the man we need at this present time . He knows the league and the main aim for this season is for this football club to remain in the premier League and dyche would guarantee that with this squad. Lopetigui was my preferred choice but that's not happening now. The Danish fella seems half decent but it's a risk .

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So heres my quick summary of the runners for the job as it stands

Martens - Teams dont score many goals ,win ratio 42%
Svensson - Teams score goals but inexperienced, win ratio 45%
Jardim - Attack minded,built the Monaco side but recent record not so great, win ratio 51%
Genesio - Motivator,not scared to experiment but dull to watch, win ratio 56%

Of course it may be none of the above who knows?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we can all agree that the fairly early decisions by Fosun with Nuno, getting Mendes involved, 343, Coady sweeper, they were good decisions. Since then, think Shi has brought all the roles into 1 and lived off that team..... Since Jiminez's injury, there haven't been many good decisions.
Still love the club, remain positive even if we finish 8 places lower than some predicted!! Lopetegui has been bad timing and unlucky on our part IMO.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any noise round the club, i take it shi is still in spain? or flying back today? via portugal who knows

People with contacts, any noise?

Its the inevitable wait for the percy bombshell now

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Dyche if the other overseas managers turn us down

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So heres my quick summary of the runners for the job as it stands

Martens - Teams dont score many goals ,win ratio 42%
Svensson - Teams score goals but inexperienced, win ratio 45%
Jardim - Attack minded,built the Monaco side but recent record not so great, win ratio 51%
Genesio - Motivator,not scared to experiment but dull to watch, win ratio 56%

Of course it may be none of the above who knows?

You have to contextualise these win percentages a bit. 45% with Mainz is very, very good.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I would like one of the European glamour names I hate to admit it as I'm not his biggest fan but Sean dyche might just be the man we need at this present time . He knows the league and the main aim for this season is for this football club to remain in the premier League and dyche would guarantee that with this squad. Lopetigui was my preferred choice but that's not happening now. The Danish fella seems half decent but it's a risk .
I really can't see Dyche being able to manage the likes of Costa and Moutinho.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to contextualise these win percentages a bit. 45% with Mainz is very, very good.
Yes, it is to a point. However I believe that the majority of the other results are losses and not draws.

Back
Top Bottom