Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So who’s the plan B ?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
percy seemed to suggest targets* plural again last night, so lets see who they get in touch with.

Not amused that we have a run of 3 games in 8 days and likely to be managerless for all

fleck1

Reaction score
The disrespect for Martins is a little odd, when you look at the CVs and experience of some people are crying out for. Took Maritimo, Rio Ave and Vitoria to in to the Europa league. Then went to Greece won three league titles and a cup and holds the record for most European wins for Olympiacos. Its easy to say he won them in Greece, But Potch is the buzz name everyone talks about and he went to a one team league and finished second behind Lille. Same with the romantics wanting Nuno back, Not saying Martins is the man id go for but some of the criticism is well over the top. People saying he was linked and spoke with Hull, we had Nuno in the championship and we had a deal with Lopetegui while there to. He is a manager out of work who was approached went to see what they had to say and declined the job.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Has anyone considered Vincent Kompany? and if not why not?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The disrespect for Martins is a little odd, when you look at the CVs and experience of some people are crying out for. Took Maritimo, Rio Ave and Vitoria to in to the Europa league. Then went to Greece won three league titles and a cup and holds the record for most European wins for Olympiacos. Its easy to say he won them in Greece, But Potch is the buzz name everyone talks about and he went to a one team league and finished second behind Lille. Same with the romantics wanting Nuno back, Not saying Martins is the man id go for but some of the criticism is well over the top. People saying he was linked and spoke with Hull, we had Nuno in the championship and we had a deal with Lopetegui while there to. He is a manager out of work who was approached went to see what they had to say and declined the job.
They declined his demands at hull.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The solid reason is that he saw enough to actually go to Hull and believe it was the level for him. Beyond that, his resume doesn't scream as much better than Lage, at all. Personally for me, I don't want another member of the Mendes stable, give these players a different voice, rather than the same old, same old.

For Svensson, he's from the Red Bull stock of managers, so immediately his experience is more as a coach (given how those clubs run regarding transfers) means that he is suited to working with what he is given, well suited to our situation. He has also come in and saved a club from pending relegation, again, perfectly suited for Wolves. Martins has neither of those, he's had his deckchair out at Olympiakos, players we've got have stated he's a great manager, they'd love to work together again, etc etc, but I don't believe these lot need the comfy club feeling again of familiarity, they need something new to motivate them again.
can’t argue with that

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the current relegation odds? Where do we fare in relation to other predicted strugglers

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are we thinking genuinely, forest is must win, and lets hope neves can somehow rouse us to this performance.

Collins back for palace and leicester

But three important games without a manager, potentially...

With then brentford brighton arsenal.. before WC

its quite scary that we are looking at a manageress set up for what till the end of October?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Think he needs another year cementing his status. Would be a big jump to throw him into a relegation battle and the fire

However he does know the rigours of the premier league

Imo we need an experienced manager/coach at this point.

He has great respect as a player and captain and is currently on an upwards trajectory, some of the highly mentioned experienced options i've seen in the betting haven't done much for years and have no experience of the Premier league

Monswolf

Reaction score
Conceição is the man for me. Plays good football is highly regarded and would know quite a bit about our squad
My concern is how difficult it would be to get him from Porto but if it’s possible I would be all in for him

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has great respect as a player and captain and is currently on an upwards trajectory, some of the highly mentioned experienced options i've seen in the betting haven't done much for years and have no experience of the Premier league
Agreed bod he does have respect and know the premier league, but yet to have experience in a top flight European league, he could flourish and show the desire and fight. or he could flounder under the pressure.

He never himself had to battle relegation

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone considered Vincent Kompany? and if not why not?
More why?
I mean he's doing alright and he could turn out to be a good coach and all, but he's how many games into his Burnley job? Can't see him jumping ship without it sullying his reputation.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In fairness, he is a leader, which is what this club badly needs. But I personally wouldn't feel too comfortable knowing he has managed what, 15 games?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Doing a great job at Burnley plus he was assistant coach at anderlect as well as captain for pep.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get all the negativity toward Martins, to be honest. If he was still at Olympiacos would the reaction be more positive? He has a good record as a manager both at Olympiacos and previous to that. He knows a couple of our players really well already. It wouldn't be a superstar appointment but I don't think it would be a bad one.

I have the same feeling about Martins that i did about Lage.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn't be massively excited by Martins but before we appointed Nuno, didn't a lot of people want Marco Silva, who had also recently departed Olympiacos after a much shorter tenure than Martins but winning the league in his only season?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get all the negativity toward Martins, to be honest. If he was still at Olympiacos would the reaction be more positive? He has a good record as a manager both at Olympiacos and previous to that. He knows a couple of our players really well already. It wouldn't be a superstar appointment but I don't think it would be a bad one.
He’s the cheap lazy Mendes option there’s much better managers out there.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we must try to talk to AVB as a sounding exercies, if he goes no still not interested in football its a 5 min conversation.

Id love to actually see the shortlist..

or is it mendes's phonebook, with sellars shouting at the back (svensson, jeff add him on there, thats my choice)

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a wonderfully underwhelming morning. Might switch off the internet before I get any more depressed by this absolute **** show of a manager hunt. Again. How do we **** this process up so well? We are inept when it comes to changing the manager

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with that about Martins in fact we only have to remember the 2 Europa League games. IIRC nearly everyone was raving on about how good they were and we was a bit lucky to go through. He's not the sexy name people wanted granted but he's no Zenga he deserves more credit than that.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From what I can gather looking at his interviews he doesn't speak a word of English and requires an interpreter. Also comes across as very dour and half asleep, not very inspiring

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I can gather looking at his interviews he doesn't speak a word of English and requires an interpreter. Also comes across as very dour and half asleep, not very inspiring

Let's be honest, if Villa appointed Martins we'd think they'd made a very average appointment.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's be honest, if Villa appointed Martins we'd think they'd made a very average appointment.

It feels like we have bought a couple of Ferraris but expecting Cooter from The Dukes Of Hazzard to service them. Looks similar too!

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL turns us down , who’s next ?

Mendes will put the names of his clients into one of your hats and Shi will stir them around and pick one out.

Bingo, our new manager……simples.

Back
Top Bottom