Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So who’s the plan B ?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as a foreign manager is named people, including myself, will Google said manager and decide off Wikipedia if we'd like them or not. This is crazy, whilst everyone writes off Sean Dyche who has experience and knowledge of our league. On top of that he managed to finish 7th with BURNLEY whos budget was minute compared to ours. He built his team on organisation and passion.
This guy deserves more credit, we're not too good for him.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As soon as a foreign manager is named people, including myself, will Google said manager and decide off Wikipedia if we'd like them or not. This is crazy, whilst everyone writes off Sean Dyche who has experience and knowledge of our league. On top of that he managed to finish 7th with BURNLEY whos budget was minute compared to ours. He built his team on organisation and passion.
This ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the spirit of carwow I'm thinking we could rank the group of managers as to whether we should "consider", "shortlist", "interview" and "just go ahead and appoint". Feel free to copy and add/amend as you see fit. I'm tempted to add a "don't touch with a bargepole" section as well.

Consider
Martins
Genesio
Dyche (last resort)

Shortlist
Svensson
Kompany
Conceicao
Jardim

Interview
AVB
Amorim

Just go ahead and appoint
Pocchettino

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all remember when his Burnley cloggers played Wolves off the park in their 4-0 win at the Mol in Nuno’s last season.

Not sure how he would get on with our team of international technicians though.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We all remember when his Burnley cloggers played Wolves off the park in their 4-0 win at the Mol in Nuno’s last season.

With Bruno trying to coach them into oblivion, maybe they need some common sense and basics injected into them before attempting anything else.
I don't think there is any better at football basics than dyche.
Just some common sense would go such a long way.
We can't see the forest through the trees at the moment as a team.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure how he would get in with our team of technicians though.
You, like many on here, seem to greatly exaggerate the skills of our present team. We literally have no forwards worth a dime, yes we have Neves and Nunes and Collins and Kilman, but that's about it tbh. 'Technicians', you have to laugh.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it's unfair to label him as one dimensional until he's given an opportunity to show he isn't. At Burnley he had a small budget so was always going to struggle, he found a way to succeed with what he had. Does that mean he will always play the same way? I'm not so sure.
If he had more technical players would he be more expansive yet organised at the same time? Who knows.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wins and goals were never this bad.... And that is down to the strong character of those individuals who have left,
Is it ? Or is it due to the utter confusion and disillusionment Lage left behind him ?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever can get us up from the Chump next season!

Madmalc

Reaction score
Looks like it's the same transfer team putting in a superb performance again. In which case because there is no sense of urgency with a transfer window shutting, I don't expect an appointment until after the World Cup. Then it will be either be whoever they can get on the cheap, or a totally over priced someone for the future.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the spirit of carwow I'm thinking we could rank the group of managers as to whether we should "consider", "shortlist", "interview" and "just go ahead and appoint". Feel free to copy and add/amend as you see fit. I'm tempted to add a "don't touch with a bargepole" section as well.

Consider
Martins
Genesio
Dyche (last resort)

Shortlist
Svensson
Kompany
Conceicao
Jardim

Interview
AVB
Amorim

Just go ahead and appoint
Pocchettino
Taken from my post elsewhere:

If you relaxed 'plausibility', what would your preferred list look like? My shortlist would look something like:

1. Pocchetino (GO AHEAD AND APPOINT)
2. Tuchel (GAAA)
3. Amorim (GAAA)
4. AVB (Interview)
5. Lopetegui (N/A)
6. Gallardo (Interview)
7. Ferreira (Interview)
8. Conceicao (Interview)
9. Genesio (Interview)
10. Svensson (Interview)
11. Fonseca (Interview)
12. Postecoglu (Consider)
13. Jardim (Consider)
14. Haisie (Consider)
15. Martins (Consider)

I voted AVB, just as I did first time around, probably under the misconception he's a realistic option, but even if you trim half of that list out, firstly there's not a huge gulf between our first choice (Lopetegui) and the others there, and secondly the names there are pretty much all represented in one way or another on here - there's no outstanding candidate that is mopping up every vote.

The biggest worry is the club has put all of their eggs in one basket and now the market knows about it. Will that impact on the success of this appointment? It is well documented Nuno wasn't first choice at Spurs, and we saw how that turned out.....

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I also remember the game where they went 1 up after about 15 minutes and spent the rest of the game time wasting. It was absolutely awful to watch until we got a last minute penalty and scored. Not a chance I want to pay £780 a season to watch that crap.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes, there's no way a team would get relegated with Sean Dyche as manager. Well except for Burnley twice...

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken from my post elsewhere:

If you relaxed 'plausibility', what would your preferred list look like? My shortlist would look something like:

1. Pocchetino (GO AHEAD AND APPOINT)
2. Tuchel (GAAA)
3. Amorim (GAAA)
4. AVB (Interview)
5. Lopetegui (N/A)
6. Gallardo (Interview)
7. Ferreira (Interview)
8. Conceicao (Interview)
9. Genesio (Interview)
10. Svensson (Interview)
11. Fonseca (Interview)
12. Postecoglu (Consider)
13. Jardim (Consider)
14. Haisie (Consider)
15. Martins (Consider)

I voted AVB, just as I did first time around, probably under the misconception he's a realistic option, but even if you trim half of that list out, firstly there's not a huge gulf between our first choice (Lopetegui) and the others there, and secondly the names there are pretty much all represented in one way or another on here - there's no outstanding candidate that is mopping up every vote.

The biggest worry is the club has put all of their eggs in one basket and now the market knows about it. Will that impact on the success of this appointment? It is well documented Nuno wasn't first choice at Spurs, and we saw how that turned out.....
Agree theres nothing really outstanding for the viables candidates
Im taking your top 5 are unattainable btw
All offer something, all will be a risk,some perhaps more than others but a risk never the less

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we look at history, in a similar situation Jeff went safe and got in someone with experience and who knew the league (and then when the job was done, got rid). ie Lambert.

So he may well do the same. Prem experience, short term fix to the end of the season.

Rafa.

(and he'd take the appointment until the end of the season to reestablish himself
We weren't full of international experienced Portuguese when Lambert took over.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We do not have the players, culture of anything that would make it work.

It would be like Arsenal hiring big Sam after Wenger left.

We don't have the fullbacks, nothing close to the right kind of midfield, none of the wingers or strikers.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, there's no way a team would get relegated with Sean Dyche as manager. Well except for Burnley twice...
Which is their level, attaining European football was never their level. Keeping them in the Prem for 5 consequitive seasons with a 7th place finish deserves respect.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bruno trying to coach them into oblivion, maybe they need some common sense and basics injected into them before attempting anything else.
I don't think there is any better at football basics than dyche.
Just some common sense would go such a long way.
We can't see the forest through the trees at the moment as a team.
We will see the Forest for sure on Saturday ;)

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's highly unlikely with our quality of players we ll be bottom 3 ,,, and highly unlikely we ll get near top 7 , so write this season off , and gamble on a manager who can build a team for next season , when we may have sasa , Jimenez , Silva , all fit and improved players.
Who ? I hear you cry ...
Maybe Mouthinio..and Ronaldo
Maybe the Ipswich manager ..an excellent coach
Maybe the Bournemouth manager..flying up the league with a poor squad
Maybe Vincent company
Maybe Paul Ince
Me...I'd try Paul Ince..did well end of last season, kicked on this season, and wouldn't tolerate and dressing room crap

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found plan B

Pedro Martins is in advanced negotiation with Wolverhampton. Agreement is heading towards a positive outcome. Remember that the Portuguese coach has been free since August, when he left Olympiacos, and last week he refused Hull City (partnership @maisfutebol and @cnnportugal )

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm trying to imagine a Dyche wolves starting 11. Don't think he'd trust Adama defensively.

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman Toti
Nunes Neves Moutinho RAN
Guedes Costa

Don't think it'll be close to working

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Martins’ record is significantly better than is being recognized here. He took Olympiakos further than ever in Europe and they were a treat to watch

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think we could get an ambitious manager if the club show them the right ambition and the money. It's not because it's us, but I do believe the Premier League is a great league for managers/coaches to test themselves. Imagine going up against Guardiola one week, Conte the next, etc. Even Lampard and Gerrard, whilst questionable coaches, are still big names in football. I think it's something that would appeal to plenty of coaches out there.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found plan B

Pedro Martins is in advanced negotiation with Wolverhampton. Agreement is heading towards a positive outcome. Remember that the Portuguese coach has been free since August, when he left Olympiacos, and last week he refused Hull City (partnership @maisfutebol and @cnnportugal )
Oooh, over 72000 followers.

It must be true then...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Martins is in advanced negotiations with Wolverhampton and could close a deal to become Bruno Lage's successor.

At this point, nothing has been signed yet, according to Maisfutebol, but the talks are well underway and everything points to an understanding soon.

Julen Lopetegui, who recently left Sevilla, was Wolverhampton's first choice, but he couldn't reach an agreement, so the English club turned to Pedro Martins.

The Portuguese coach recently turned down two proposals from Hull City, from the II English League, preferring to wait for a more attractive project. Now that project could be Wolverhampton, who are looking for a successor to Bruno Lage: the former Benfica coach was sacked after eight rounds, during which he only won one (three more draws and four defeats).

Back
Top Bottom