Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So who’s the plan B ?

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As long as results are ok-ish (a win or 2 before the break) and the appointment they do make is generally considered a good one then I think most fans will be ok with the wait?

Kind of. It puts ALL the weight on the outcome rather than the process. If we had appointed a manager in the last two weeks and then it wasn’t working….the outcome would be failure but we would trust they followed a good process to get there. IF the end result now is a good head coach in december/jan then the outcome is good, but I don’t think any of us will trust that the process was good.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martinez can't organise a defence to save his life, that's why. Which isn't a recipe for success if we are in a relegation battle. At least it'd be entertaining though.

Not so sure about the entertaining part. His first season at Everton was really good, but his possession based approach became predictable in his second season. When teams sat deep and stayed compact, they couldnt break them down. Doesnt sound like a perfect match for our goalshy team.
I fully recognize the work he did at Swansea at also at Wigan, taking them to the cup win. But thats 9 years ago, and lets not forget, Wigan got relegated
He has of course done reasonably well as Belgium manager, allthough it can be argued he had to, with those players at his disposal. And even then, I think its still obvious, that his tactical style has its limits. He often has to rely on magic from his star players.
I can accept he's a decent manager, but I struggle to see how he could be an outstanding candidate. And lets not forget, he's been away from club football for 6 years. Things do change in that time,

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kind of. It puts ALL the weight on the outcome rather than the process. If we had appointed a manager in the last two weeks and then it wasn’t working….the outcome would be failure but we would trust they followed a good process to get there. IF the end result now is a good head coach in december/jan then the outcome is good, but I don’t think any of us will trust that the process was good.
I really hope we get Lopetegui at the end, it's the only way it all makes any kind of sense

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d be absolutely fine, he turned spurs down last season but timing might be better
Everyone turned down Spurs last season except Nuno.
Also shouldn't he have been busy finding us a new manager rather than ****ing up Davis' back at the Forest game?
He’s wheedling his mate Edwards into the role.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get me Roger Schmidt! First with Benfica in the league, and just beat juventus 4-3...

Back
Top Bottom