Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So , what are we going to do about it ?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is the premier would delight in throwing the book at us with a hefty points deduction, especially if people choose to believe there is an agenda against us.
It's as if we are being tempted to do something that invites a punishment to end all protest against the establishment.

Some were calling for the players to walk off. Then follows a 30 point deduction and £50m fine.

Nobody, not even Klopp, would dare utter a word of dissent ever again.

The establishment I speak of is corrupt at every level. They are in it only for the money and I think that what you can now bet on in football (thousands of things) has grown since VAR has become more complex - particularly 'clear and obvious' with it's varying and contrary applications even within the same match.

Anybody put any money on three penalties tonight? I bet somebody did. More likely a syndicate of shady crooks did.

Sure, there's incompetence (always has been) but what an effective garment incompetence is with which to cloak corruption.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's as if we are being tempted to do something that invites a punishment to end all protest against the establishment.

Some were calling for the players to walk off. Then follows a 30 point deduction and £50m fine.

The establishment I speak of is corrupt at every level. They are in it only for the money and I think that what you can now bet on in football (thousands of things) has grown since VAR has become more complex - particularly 'clear and obvious' with it's varying and contrary applications even within the same match.

Anybody put any money on three penalties tonight? I bet somebody did. More likely a syndicate of shady crooks did.

Sure, there's incompetence (always has been) but what an effective garment incompetence is with which to cloak corruption.
I've said since it's inception, and I'm actually bored of saying so now, but VAR is a betting syndicates dream introduction to the game.
There's no way there isn't some form of corruption at play within a now multi-billion pound industry!
Corruption has been proven in much less money rich sports, and also within the same sport elsewhere. To think it doesn't happen in "The best league in the world" is utter fantasy!
I'm 100% convinced that it will come to light in years to come. The game as we currently know it will probably have to collapse first, but again, I'm convinced that's coming.

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
I've said since it's inception, and I'm actually bored of saying so now, but VAR is a betting syndicates dream introduction to the game.
There's no way there isn't some form of corruption at play within a now multi-billion pound industry!
Corruption has been proven in much less money rich sports, and also within the same sport elsewhere. To think it doesn't happen in "The best league in the world" is utter fantasy!
I'm 100% convinced that it will come to light in years to come. The game as we currently know it will probably have to collapse first, but again, I'm convinced that's coming.
Spot on. Said it as a soon as VAR was introduced and now the evidence is in plain sight! These decisions are earning someone somewhere multi millions.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maximum penalty handed down to Wolves for objects thrown on to pitch?
Are you talking about referees.? They are becoming objects who seem to be literally thrown on to the pitch and do nothing other than make wrong decisions and spoil my love of the game.

Maximum penalty’s should apply to referees, not Wolves!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
A statement from the very top in a very professional manner warning that we will consider taking unspecified further action if this continues.

There is enough media coverage of VAR mistakes now, let our media team off the leash.
I'm sure the media team could put something together and then release it to us and other large fan groups to distribute across the social media platforms. Then it's not officially from the club so they can't be held responsible

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can find an official way to complain.. we will get laughed at, but I actually think most people are on our side.

It’s 6 times now.. not 6 random decisions, but 6 decisions given against us with the benefit of replay. Every time proven we were in the right.. I think it would be weak of us not to make a point.

Only way to get them to listen is to make a noise.. we can ignore it, or we can make a noise.. I am happy to lead the protest if needs be.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One thing the club could do is commission someone independent to document all the major game-changing contentious decisions for and against Wolves over recent seasons. It could probably be done in a day of two’s work with access to Wyscout clips or similar. Put it out there via video and let people judge for themselves. If you don’t document, it gets quickly forgotten. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t at least 75%-25% decisions against-for Wolves

Lopetegui couldn’t believe all the game-changing one-sided rancid decisions Wolves faced in the second-half of last season but who remembers these outside Wolves fans now. Wolves have been getting the thin end of the wedge for years now and this goes back beyond Lopetegui’s time to Lage and even Nuno’s reign.

If this all sounds a bit serious, a top 20 list of howlers against Wolves over the last 3-4 seasons set off to O Fortuna will do. There’s honestly no shortage of material. Here’s a few of the worst ones off the top of my head

Lemina’s sending off against Southampton
Wolves’ non-penalty at Old Trafford this season
Toti’s disallowed goal against Liverpool in the cup
Jimenez’s sending off against Leeds
Pogba’s tackle on Neves ahead of United goal
Sheff United’s ‘penalty’ a few weeks back
Neto’s big toe offside against Liverpool
Pope bundling Jimenez over for clear penalty
Newcastle’s ‘penalty’ the other week

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In which case we have absolutely nothing to lose by going fully legal with the aim of destroying their corrupt disciplinary process. They'd absolutely **** themselves if someone takes them seriously on over that.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing the club could do is commission someone independent to document all the major game-changing contentious decisions for and against Wolves over recent seasons. It could probably be done in a day of two’s work with access to Wyscout clips or similar. Put it out there via video and let people judge for themselves. If you don’t document, it gets quickly forgotten. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t at least 75%-25% decisions against-for Wolves

Lopetegui couldn’t believe all the game-changing one-sided rancid decisions Wolves faced in the second-half of last season but who remembers these outside Wolves fans now. Wolves have been getting the thin end of the wedge for years now and this goes back beyond Lopetegui’s time to Lage and even Nuno’s reign.

If this all sounds a bit serious, a top 20 list of howlers against Wolves over the last 3-4 seasons set off to O Fortuna will do. There’s honestly no shortage of material. Here’s a few of the worst ones off the top of my head

Lemina’s sending off against Southampton
Wolves’ non-penalty at Old Trafford this season
Toti’s disallowed goal against Liverpool in the cup
Jimenez’s sending off against Leeds
Pogba’s tackle on Neves ahead of United goal
Sheff United’s ‘penalty’ a few weeks back
Neto’s big toe offside against Liverpool
Pope bundling Jimenez over for clear penalty
Newcastle’s ‘penalty’ the other week
Moutinho's armpit handball against City.

Ginger Wolf

Reaction score
With Lemina and Gomes already suspended for the Arsenal game, maybe we could make some sort of statement by playing the reserves / kids in protest of these VAR decisions. It would be hilarious to see the premier league charge us with damaging the integrity of the competition.
I'll probably feel differently tomorrow, but right now I am still angry having just arrived home from Fulham. Had Talk Sport on all the way home and all the pundits are now noticing how badly we are being treated by the officials. I just think the time has now come for the club to take some sort of action and cause as much embarrassment as possible to these clowns.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps if the South Bank pre match wave those Honved flags with a bit more vigour, the Premier League will sit up and take notice.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Lemina and Gomes already suspended for the Arsenal game, maybe we could make some sort of statement by playing the reserves / kids in protest of these VAR decisions. It would be hilarious to see the premier league charge us with damaging the integrity of the competition.
I'll probably feel differently tomorrow, but right now I am still angry having just arrived home from Fulham. Had Talk Sport on all the way home and all the pundits are now noticing how badly we are being treated by the officials. I just think the time has now come for the club to take some sort of action and cause as much embarrassment as possible to these clowns.
100%

It’s fair to say we would be resting players for Tuesday too and that based on VAR decisions this season the chance of winning Sat is probably 1%

If we go more than 3-0 down get the players to softly headbut arsenal players until we have to forfeit the game and accept 3-0

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you still get fined for making 11 changes ?

Henry Hill

Reaction score
I understand all the frustration and passion urging for protest at what's happening, and there is no doubt Wolves are suffering more than other PL clubs at the hands of questionable VAR decisions. But the first thing WE have to do in these situations, is look at what WE can do to improve the situation. So, as others have said, GON has to ensure players don't make the type of tackles (in the box) that are causing the issues. He shouldn't have to do this, but if he doesn't then he's not understanding what he's up against and it will happen again. There isn't a vendetta against our club, we just happen to be the one that's highlighting the poor officials that are currently operating VAR. Until that improves, you have to deal with the problems it causes. Let's not forget Liverpool had a completely good goal ruled out at Spurs a few weeks back, and nothings changed to prevent that happening again. And as someone over 60, whose always hated the modern day diving and play acting; I now say stuff that and GON should explain to Kilman he should have gone down when headbutted last night. Had he done so, VAR would have had to recommend red. Down to 10 men, Fulham would then more likely have been seeking to secure a draw, rather than trying to secure a win with 10 men.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In which case we have absolutely nothing to lose by going fully legal with the aim of destroying their corrupt disciplinary process. They'd absolutely **** themselves if someone takes them seriously on over that.
They'd run out of funding before Fosun did.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Moutinho's armpit handball against City.
And the very first one, away at Leicester. A corner swung in, which ricochettes off Bolys biceps(with his arm tightly pressed to his ribs/body), ball falls to Dendonker who smashes it into the net.

Five minutes of Stockley Park shenigans, goal is disallowed for handball on Boly.
It hasn't improved after that either...

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we refuse to allow the VAR cameras to be set up at our next home game?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since Neves went we make it far too easy for the ref. They all crumble like nans biscuits so put some pressure on them and give them a tough time. We need to play that side of the game much better. Not nice but harass them, same with GON give the “officials” hell

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to Celtics world. Corrupt Rangers supporting officials has been the normal in Scotland.

Rangers now haven't conceded a league penalty in 2 years, 68 games despite clear video footage of 100's of incidents agin them the officials turn a blind eye.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since Neves went we make it far too easy for the ref. They all crumble like nans biscuits so put some pressure on them and give them a tough time. We need to play that side of the game much better. Not nice but harass them, same with GON give the “officials” hell
It does look like you have to 'play the game' in today's Premier League - initiating contact and basically diving, pressuring the referee and making big noise in the media when things don't go your way.

It's not nice but it's unfortunately part of the game now. Think we are going to have to stop being so nice and quite frankly, a bit naive.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just sit idly by ? Grimace and take it on the chin ? Moan about never going to football again ?

Or

Kick some **** and shove it right up them with some proper fight ??
By proper fight do you mean defend better? Take more of our actual chances?

I’m with you there.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need organised action against PGMOL. Everton managed a large protest ahead of their last home game. We need one ahead of ours. This disgrace is affecting our club, our manager, our players and us fans, and we should not stand for it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As part of the warm up routine before kick off, I would love to see all the squad line up on the edge of the penalty box and then, like synchronised swimmers, one by one, theatrically dive into the box and roll around.
Fully grown adults doing that would be a bit cringe and embarrassing to be honest.

Same as when players dive in games, too.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best and most realistic solution is to play up the other end of the pitch more.

If you're 1v1 against Sheff Utd and they're the side pushing to win the game while you're asking everyone to defend your box you might get a forward dangle a leg.
If you're 2v2 with Fulham and on top and then take off Cunha for Doyle you might invite some pressure around your box in the last 10 minutes.

Keep the ball, keep the shape, keep the momentum in a game and let the buffoon officials get it wrong up the other end of the pitch

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since these idiots have now cost us 7 points, then a massive 7 banner, along with a second “We want our 7 points back” banner, with a **** VAR chant at 7 mins, would be start. A demonstration outside Molineux with media coverage would help too.

But judging by a few on here, who seem just to accept this crap and argue it’s not even bias, then I can see plenty of shrugged shoulders. Where is the backbone in our support? We should be up in arms about this, not pushing excuses for these *******s.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question - if the club was to produce a professional video detailing the errors that have cost us dearly, could that be construed as bringing the game into disrepute?
Surely not.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since these idiots have now cost us 7 points, then a massive 7 banner, along with a second “We want our 7 points back” banner, with a **** VAR chant at 7 mins, would be start. A demonstration outside Molineux with media coverage would help too.

But judging by a few on here, who seem just to accept this crap and argue it’s not even bias, then I can see plenty of shrugged shoulders. Where is the backbone in our support? We should be up in arms about this, not pushing excuses for these *******s.
SW, we all deal with these things in different ways. I am afraid that I fall into the shoulder shruggers camp, whilst urging the club to promote the injustice to as wide an audience as possible.
I do wholeheartedly agree with your remarks however.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referees are currently in the terrible position where they are rewarding cheating and penalising honesty.

Two dives for Fulham, penalties rewarded for cheating both times.

Headbutt against Kilman, he doesn't roll around holding his face, so his honesty is penalised by the offending player only receiving a yellow.

What are we going to do about it? We have two options, carry on the way we are, or adapt.

If we carry on the way we are, we are putting the ball in the court of the PGMOL to improve their standards.

Or we adapt and do what other teams do. Train our players to look for dangling legs in the opposition box, then fall over them. Train our defenders to hold their ground and not dangle their legs, or put themselves in a position where they can be cheated. Instruct every player to go down like a sack of spuds if any contact is made off the ball.

It's highly unlikely the PGMOL sort themselves out to a point they are fit for purpose. So in my opinion we have to adapt and start cheating ourselves, or we will continue to be the ones being cheated!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, we could have screenings of Se7en, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Magnificent Seven, the Seven Samurai, the Seven-year Itch, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs etc... and force PGMOL to watch. That'll learn 'em.
Ask them to name the seven wonders of the world, the seven deadly sins or the significant seven. A point awarded to us for each one they can't name. Ask this over the seven days of the week.
Pity Len Goodman is dead or we could have him shouting 'sevennnn' over the tannoy at our next home game.
I guess it's significant that Wolves was one of seven clubs to vote against the ban on syndicated clubs loaning players!
Just wish we had 7-Eleven stores in the UK to get flags and banners from.
Maybe take our refs on a river cruise on the Severn before the next few games to focus their minds.

Love the number 7, me! There's so much we can use the number for. We just need the impetus and creativity. ;)

Unfortunately, the most significant use of seven is likely to be when Neves goes to Newcastle and puts his shirt on inside-out!

Back
Top Bottom