Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So Neves.....

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to todays news Arsenal are still in talks to sign Neves because £35 million is much much too expensive. Also Traore is going to West Ham for a bubble making machine and a bottle of fairy liquid.
Yes, but with Adama will we or Wet Spam fork out for the baby oil?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves might want to leave...... But it will only happen if a deal is suitable for the club and a suitable replacement is found...... I expect it to happen because Jorge normally comes up with a plan that's suits all parties......... But no one can be certain.........certainly not a mate of Rui..... He is probably just confirming he has heard neves has asked to leave......

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He clearly knows Patricio.
Come on Jos he clearly knows nothing and just got lucky with his Rui signing, joining you in the Pampers queue and definitely more Private Fraser than hyped with blind optimism. :)

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably something to do with Panini stickers or cigarette & bubblegum cards ( if you go back far enough).
I’ll show you Jamie Smith, raise you a Neil Emblen and fold on Dougie Freedman (although l think we bought him at some point didn’t we?)

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoyingly it seems the market is down with our players, Neves 35m, Traore 30m...... but the market is up regarding Palhinha at 30m+

no chance, portuguese clubs are more desperate for cash than we are.

likes of neves will only go if someone gets near our valuation. traore might be more arguable since trincao has arrived

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
me too, more likely to end up at spurs as one of nuno's chosen ones. maybe we can get ndombele in part ex ;)
The thing about Spuds is that Levy is, by many accounts, the ultimate hard bargainer, so there could well be a problem in agreeing a fee with us.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope Neves stays and has a good season. That way he may get a better choice of clubs or want to stay here.
Traore I would like to see gone. And the money used for better.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reality is most clubs finances are not good at the minute.... Arsenal will be desperate to get rid of players before they sign anybody....... They ain't spending 90m on Ben white and neves.... Can't see it.... I beginning to think neither neves or traore will leave.... Which in turn will make us probably looking at loans..... Or cheaper squad players.....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that on the official site, in the Jose Sa signing story, it mentions he will now team up with Boly and Neves who were ex team mates at Porto. Maybe Neves isnt as close to leaving as well all think. Interesting his wife is also posting pictures of him in the new Wolves kit.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or have a cash flow problem.my point was that wolves would have accepted £35 mill. for jota up front
and pool.agreed to pay us more as long as they could pay in stages(£4mill.up front then staged.£12 mill.this summer)
wolves may try the same trick again,or of course arsenal could pay the £35mill up front if that`s the fee
I can’t remember reading Wolves would’ve accepted £35m if it was cash up front. So Liverpool agreed to pay 30% interest??? Sorry mate but unless you have a reliable source for that, then I’m calling it social media b.s.
I’m sure FSG could’ve arranged finance on a lot better rate.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t remember reading Wolves would’ve accepted £35m if it was cash up front. So Liverpool agreed to pay 30% interest??? Sorry mate but unless you have a reliable source for that, then I’m calling it social media b.s.
was from the liverpool end.wasn`t social media but can`t vouch 100% for the source
but also mentioned the one agent representing both clubs and the player in the hoever deal.
believe the final fee for jota was £40mill-£41mill with £4mill. up front and the rest in stages ,getting£12 mill. this summer.
didn`t hear that but was reported in the papers

Last edited:

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves seems a decent sort, not the type to throw his toys out of the pram if a transfer doesn't materialize because our valuation isn't reached. If he stays - and I hope he does - then I'd bet he'll give his all under Lage, which is all we can ask for. It might even be that he wanted to leave when it became obvious that Nuno was off, hence the twitter comments, but since then he's reconsidered. Stranger things have happened.

I find it far more intriguing that there have been no more rumours about Moutinho, and maybe he'll actually stick around too...

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happens when your top players want to move? Or if they have agreements from when they signed as to who they could move to?

We are a very wealthy club and we own part of the Mendes's agency. We don't need to sell all our crown jewels cheaply to buy expensive replacements.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if he does not go this summer, then their will be a 'gentlemans' agreement if Wolves are not in Europe next year he can leave.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210715_192406.jpg

Article in the athletic:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that on the official site, in the Jose Sa signing story, it mentions he will now team up with Boly and Neves who were ex team mates at Porto. Maybe Neves isnt as close to leaving as well all think. Interesting his wife is also posting pictures of him in the new Wolves kit.

Maybe Bruno coming in has changed his mind?

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a very wealthy club and we own part of the Mendes's agency. We don't need to sell all our crown jewels cheaply to buy expensive replacements.
Have we done that though? Also we arent a wealthy club at all, we have wealthy owners and that's a big difference. Fosun are an investment company and its well known they see their return on investment in player trading, don't get too attached to any players as they will come and go. This squad will never be built around certain players, that's an absolute Guarantee. Neves like Jota came here as a stepping stone to an elite club.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 22572

Article in the athletic:

Did you read ‘for example’ and then turned it into ‘this is fact’?
I accept the mechanism, just don’t believe for one second, Fenway Sports Group would pay an extra third just to pay on tick. The figures quoted are an example to describe the deal. Not the exact figures. Good grief, I don’t think I’m a mathematics or an English language whizz-kid, but I know the definition of ‘example’

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we done that though? Also we arent a wealthy club at all, we have wealthy owners and that's a big difference. Fosun are an investment company and its well known they see their return on investment in player trading, don't get too attached to any players as they will come and go. This squad will never be built around certain players, that's an absolute Guarantee. Neves like Jota came here as a stepping stone to an elite club.
While much I agree with I don’t agree with the statement “ its well known they see their return on investment in player trading”. Fosun see their return in growing the asset value of Wolves. Wolves will grow in value through on and off field activities. Player trading allows us to grow as a club, and that’s to our benefit as supporters and to Fosun’s as investors. In my opinion.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wealthy owners, who are investors, don't sell their assets cheaply, when they don't need to, especially when next year could get back to normal.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While much I agree with I don’t agree with the statement “ its well known they see their return on investment in player trading”. Fosun see their return in growing the asset value of Wolves. Wolves will grow in value through on and off field activities. Player trading allows us to grow as a club, and that’s to our benefit as supporters and to Fosun’s as investors. In my opinion.

This is exactly it. The more we grow as a club is how Fosun will profit from us, if/when they decide to eventually sell. They aren't pocketing anything from player sales, the only thing limiting our ability to spend more than we do is FFP.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That was 100% the deal, James Pearce is solid as a rock. They paid £4M last year when cashflow was tight

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is definitely the possibility that the likes of Neves no longer wanted to play Nuno’s system. It was hardly getting the best out of him

Perhaps he has had a change of mind with Lage coming in

Well if you believe the rumours that have come out, Neves wanted to leave before Nuno had left, so you'd have to imagine he became disillusioned with how we were playing, which you can't exactly blame him for. He's far too talented to be stagnating in a regressing system.

PTW

Reaction score
Well if you believe the rumours that have come out, Neves wanted to leave before Nuno had left, so you'd have to imagine he became disillusioned with how we were playing, which you can't exactly blame him for. He's far too talented to be stagnating in a regressing system.
The biggest critic I have for Nuno was almost the criminal way in which he turned Neves only on a type of midfielder who makes long passes and long shots. If he stays hope Lage tries to develop him in other areas. Can’t believe he wants to go for Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom