Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So Neves.....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the market is down then we are probably buying and selling cheaper than our expectations.

This is a great time to upgrade. Players are not going to go for silly money if the market is not hyper-inflated.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised a player swap deal hasn't been rumoured considering in how persistent we were chasing maitland niles last year
Because player swaps hardly ever, ever happen. People just like the idea of them.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think the figure of 35 million is accurate or will we ask for more?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoyingly it seems the market is down with our players, Neves 35m, Traore 30m...... but the market is up regarding Palhinha at 30m+

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8B64EA79-EF7B-4826-B5F1-4168E8DD3C6E.jpeg

Heard about this at the end of the season, even mentioned it in a pm to one of our dearly deleted!

I verified it with our two favourite tweeters from Portugal, offer has been on the table for a while but were told there's at least 4 clubs showing very firm interest in him and a quick deal was a non-starter. I assumed it was because of Nuno going to Spurs.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Lets hope Jeff knows what he is doing here if it is £35 million

As you don't go from a Mercedes to a Renault Clio do you .
Annoyingly it seems the market is down with our players, Neves 35m, Traore 30m...... but the market is up regarding Palhinha at 30m+
White £50 Million Tarkowski £40 million and Buendia £38 million all reported to be around these fees if sold or when they were sold.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
At a guess Greasey will be on his way in the summer.
Or Villa's owners are thinking they will worry about European fines when they get there. The problem like any club you have to get there first and stay at that level.

Would you take Fosun spending £250 million this season but winning the FA Cup but we than got banned from the europa cup the season after . ?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
vinagre's house was emptied and he left a month later. Same with Rui. I doubt we will see neves return to pre season training with us.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why doesn’t FFP seem to apply to the Vile ? They have recruited well but paid extortionately to do so .

At a guess Greasey will be on his way in the summer.

Or Villa's owners are thinking they will worry about European fines when they get there. The problem like any club you have to get there first and stay at that level.

Would you take Fosun spending £250 million this season but winning the FA Cup but we than got banned from the europa cup the season after . ?

FFP rules have been relaxed because of Covid. It looks as though the likes of Everton and Villa are continuing to spend heavily and gambling in the hope it doesn't catch up with them. I'd much rather we cut our cloth accordingly, than recklessly gamble on unknowns.

UEFA have said their break-even rules don't marry with what's happened during the Covid 19 pandemic. They haven't yet come up with exactly what things will look like going forward, so whether Villa or Everton will be hit with a punishment if they qualify for Europe, I just don't know.

I also don't know if our commitment to 'break-even' still applies (as per link) after UEFA have said this will probably no longer be a requirement going forward? Wolves - UEFA punishments and future requirements

Everton lost £139.9m in the accounts published this year (to May 2020). Villa lost £99.2m. We lost £39.3m in comparison.

Everton lost £111.8m the year before (to May 2019), Villa lost £68.9m. We made a profit of £19.5m in comparison.

That puts Everton on rolling losses of £251.7m for the last 2 seasons and Villa at £168.1m. Our rolling losses over the same period are £19.8m.

In my opinion, any allowed losses going forward should be reduced by the net spend on transfer fees rather than just completely discounted. Otherwise a reckless gamble will have paid off and the wrong message will have been sent again.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves goes to Arsenal then we should ask for Willock and Smith-Rowe in exchange.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score

Frankly I think every club should stick to the rules and rightfully get properly punished if they abuse them.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves goes to Arsenal then we should ask for Willock and Smith-Rowe in exchange.

I'd prefer a central defender instead of Willock, who I'm not sure is the type of central midfielder we need. Maybe Holding or Pablo Mari.

Smith-Rowe would also probably be our 3rd best left-footed forward too, so I'd prefer Martinelli.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankly I think every club should stick to the rules and rightfully get properly punished if they abuse them.
Personally I dont think there should be any rules.
Rich owners bad, but rich clubs good - Why ?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. Barcelona are currently getting shafted for their years of profligacy (until they somehow miraculously get off), because La Liga now have strict salary control caps.
They’re not any different to FFP really, in that it’s directly related to revenue, so the big clubs held a huge advantage over the rest, with their bar being set far higher.
Difference is, it’s enforced. They’re not letting them register players they’ve signed.

Good article in the athletic today explaining how Madrid aren’t in anywhere near the same kind of hole, because they’ve refused to cave to enormous contract renewals (compare Ramos being eased out to Messi) and willing to flog top prospects to balance books.

Wouldn’t it be great if the PL turned round to Vile and said no, you can’t register Buendia?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. Barcelona are currently getting shafted for their years of profligacy (until they somehow miraculously get off), because La Liga now have strict salary control caps.
They’re not any different to FFP really, in that it’s directly related to revenue, so the big clubs held a huge advantage over the rest, with their bar being set far higher.
Difference is, it’s enforced. They’re not letting them register players they’ve signed.

Good article in the athletic today explaining how Madrid aren’t in anywhere near the same kind of hole, because they’ve refused to cave to enormous contract renewals (compare Ramos being eased out to Messi) and willing to flog top prospects to balance books.

Wouldn’t it be great if the PL turned round to Vile and said no, you can’t register Buendia?

The fact that they had to renegotiate Memphis Depay's contract (and reduce his salary) only a few weeks after signing him is just embarrassing!!

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
I keep reading all of this garbage about us selling our best players to all and sundry, could someone please show me where since the season finished Neves, Moutinho, Traore, Neto, Coady have stated that they have a desire to leave, or indeed where Jeff Shi has stated that we will be selling these players.
I would urge against believing clicbait , rumours and rubbish on newsnow.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep reading all of this garbage about us selling our best players to all and sundry, could someone please show me where since the season finished Neves, Moutinho, Traore, Neto, Coady have stated that they have a desire to leave, or indeed where Jeff Shi has stated that we will be selling these players.
I would urge against believing clicbait , rumours and rubbish on newsnow.
Wolves keep everything close to their chests and players are typically not going to come out and say “I’m moving” in case it doesn’t happen.

Rui was well publicised. I’d expect at least another 2 of your 5 listed to be transferred by the end of the window, possibly 3.

I would be delighted if I’m wrong and we retain them.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Wolves keep everything close to their chests and players are typically not going to come out and say “I’m moving” in case it doesn’t happen.

Rui was well publicised. I’d expect at least another 2 of your 5 listed to be transferred by the end of the window, possibly 3.

I would be delighted if I’m wrong and we retain them.
Yes, Rui was well publicised because Roma confirmed that they wanted him, Arsenal have at no point said they want Neves, Porto have not said they want Moutinho etc. etc.
If players are going the purchasing club will probably announce that they have made a bid, only then does it become a possibility,
alternatively you hear nothing at all like Trincao until the player has signed.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would be delighted if I’m wrong and we retain the

It’s been stated by Rui friend Nik - That this is the end of cycle for certain players..... (quoted on social media) I fully expect more to leave and more to come in. I’m excited by thought of seeing attacking football!!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don't get so much for your best players because of the market, you should buy top players cheaper, but not sell your best players, until the market has improved.
What happens when your top players want to move? Or if they have agreements from when they signed as to who they could move to?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s been stated by Rui friend Nik - That this is the end of cycle for certain players..... (quoted on social media) I fully expect more to leave and more to come in. I’m excited by thought of seeing attacking football!!
Rui friend said neves was 99% leaving that would have come from neves himself.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don't get so much for your best players because of the market, you should buy top players cheaper, but not sell your best players, until the market has improved.
Great in theory, but what if you can't afford to keep/buy both ?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, Rui was well publicised because Roma confirmed that they wanted him, Arsenal have at no point said they want Neves, Porto have not said they want Moutinho etc. etc.
If players are going the purchasing club will probably announce that they have made a bid, only then does it become a possibility,
alternatively you hear nothing at all like Trincao until the player has signed.
I agree - my comments are gut feel from reading the various items on here and elsewhere. Happy to say I have no idea and so watching with interest - both who goes and who comes in. Wolves, as you say, conduct no business in public- it is other clubs who seem to leak the info.

Having said the above if you offered me a bet - I’d take 2 or more sold by end of window vs 0 or 1. Not certain I’d take 3 or more sold vs 0,1 or 2.

we’ll see - and will be interesting to see line-up vs Brentford in September.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why would it have come from Neves ?
There is no evidence that Rui’s so called friend is for real or just a social media baiter, or that Neves even knows who he is.
Go and read the thread on Rui's mate Akek .. newcwhen Rui was coming . Told us he Rui signed when everyone denied this .. first to tell us about Moutinho . Even told us when Mouts would be announced to the exact minute ..100% genuine

Back
Top Bottom