Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky are absolute rubbish

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky 6 Sports News.
Has a ring to it.

Pathetic channel and on the whole it's just a money making machine.

I'd rather the Premier League launch their own streaming service because whenever I watch ssn it is insulting to the average fan.

I understand (to a degree) that they do as much box ticking as they can to follow or lead that fashion, because that's what we've been reduced to. Personally I'd rather they employ the best they can regardless of gender or race. Also, show more of the real football clubs, also more of the lower leagues.

Most of it is the same regurgitation due to them needing to fill 24/7. They'd fill it much better if they realised that football exists outside of the Sly 6.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any mention of the bent referee?

If he isn’t involved in match fixing , then something is seriously wrong

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re too busy talking about the Arsenal game to make an intelligent observation on our game.
Like the way they split the screen to show them coming out to warm up, whilst our match was in progress. Disgusting. Why bother keeping the rights if they don't want to cover the games?

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like the way they split the screen to show them coming out to warm up, whilst our match was in progress. Disgusting. Why bother keeping the rights if they don't want to cover the games?
They do that every game at 2pm, whether it's Wolves playing or Man Utd....

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do that every game at 2pm, whether it's Wolves playing or Man Utd....
Fair enough, I only watch Sky when we are on. it's still very annoying when you're trying to watch a game though. It's not like anything was actually happening at Arsenal, just the players walking out to warm up. Not breaking news or anything.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OT, but at the diametrically opposite end (from the self seeking six) of the televisual football spectrum on BBC3 (Freeview 23) is 'Boot Dreams' which follows the fortunes of a group of previously rejected pro players trying to resurrect stalled careers.

As Gifton Noel-Williams (former Watford striker whose 20s were beset by rheumatoid arthritis after knee injury) notes : only 1% of all hopefuls actually make it.

Depressing reality check really. The difference between being courted by Pep or Matlock Town. Sometimes the talent is there, but the body or attitude lets them down.
I have been really impressed by how Gifton comes over/operates.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OT, but at the diametrically opposite end (from the self seeking six) of the televisual football spectrum on BBC3 (Freeview 23) is 'Boot Dreams' which follows the fortunes of a group of previously rejected pro players trying to resurrect stalled careers.

As Gifton Noel-Williams (former Watford striker whose 20s were beset by rheumatoid arthritis after knee injury) notes : only 1% of all hopefuls actually make it.

Depressing reality check really. The difference between being courted by Pep or Matlock Town. Sometimes the talent is there, but the body or attitude lets them down.

Decent series, and interesting concept. We just have the final episode to watch. I wonder if they will be tempted to do more series in future, with another group of second chance players, and maybe insert some catch ups with players from the first series. As a format it has legs for a few seasons I’d think, and there are endless numbers of players available for each cohort.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent series, and interesting concept. We just have the final episode to watch. I wonder if they will be tempted to do more series in future, with another group of second chance players, and maybe insert some catch ups with players from the first series. As a format it has legs for a few seasons I’d think, and there are endless numbers of players available for each cohort.
You can see why some of the players, despite their talent, didn't get a pro contract.... Serious personality flaws.

I would be intrigued to understand the selection process for the players - l hope that the TV show wasn't involved seeking better viewing as seems to increasingly happen in "reality" TV programmes.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy your life ban, AH

Edited to add: It just gets better.... £2.5k down the drain and the moron broke his own nose!

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The presenters have a special skill of making the inane last for hours.
This involves speaking very .................. s ........ l ........ o ........ w ......... l ........ y .

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
They did a similar series a while back .It centred on Inner City kids in South London who played cage football who each had their own problems ,trying to get into the game .
Of two in particular,one got taken on by Wimbledon but he didn’t like it when he got benched .The other also got a trial but when asked why he had missed training he explained he was brought up by a single mother and after working all day he went off to work the night shift at Argos to help her financially and he was worn out .
I like these fly on the wall programmes that show life warts and all rather than concentrating on the glamour side of football,showing their array of cars ,Rolex watches ,gated mansions and trophy wives.
Most people have struggles in life because that is the reality for many in this Country.

Back
Top Bottom