Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky are absolute rubbish

dgm6769

Reaction score
I have problems sleeping after a nightshift and used to listen to tropical storms via YouTube in the background ( I love the sound of rain and thunder, I find it relaxing) now I just leave ssn on, found it bores me to sleep quicker.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have to get this off my chest having foolishly devoted three hours of my time to Sky's final transfer day coverage. It was such utter garbage. Ignorant presenters with the obligatory dumb blonde or two obsessed only with Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea etc. Gormless reporters smiling inanely outside grounds, freezing to death or bored out of their minds, repeating the same things again and again. All interspersed with dreadful advertisement breaks.

Broadcasting at its very lowest bar with a bizarre group of pundits made up of ex footballers like Kris Boyd and Clinton Morrison who have nothing to offer bar guffawing amongst themselves from time to time like thick schoolboys. Its bad enough when they put on a match these days but yesterday evening was truly dreadful.

Sky need to look in the mirror and realise just how poor this all is. Football supporters are more intelligent than they seem to believe and should be provided with a far more thoughtful and insightful presentation. But I predict things will continue as they are, full of false glitter and glamour and lacking any substance whatsoever. Much like the football world itself right now they reflect the superficiality, vanity, greed and sheer folly that has ruined much of the game. And now to add to this mess we have the Saudis and Qataris throwing bucket loads of money at anything that moves and can kick a ball. Clubs are toys for the boys. The inflationary spiral has only just begun. £150m for a 31 year old Salah and £1.5 million a week. And supposedly prepared to go to £200 million. Bribery and corruption writ large.

Ok that's it! COYW
Don't you dare call Jo Wilson a dumb blonde! :mad:

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I miss Ceefax on deadline day!
I don't miss watching the rumours page cycle round 12 odd pages to get a single line of a rumour as a prompt to call some dodgy hotline.

God bless the Internet.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky coverage is what var is to football.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv got one of them sticks where you don’t have to listen to skysports wink wink

Highly recommended

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do wonder how long sky's got left especially now other people have discovered let's just say alternative ways to watch all sport at a fraction of the cost and it doesn't need the most technical mind to work out how to get it, also with this new method of watching football I'd expect the Premier league to look at a Netflix style subscription service similar to what's available with NBA NFL etc.

Also the quality of the sky reporters isn't great, and it always gets me "my sources tell me".... moments after Fabrizio/Percy etc put out a tweet, they get info the same as we do through twitter.

I won't miss it if it does go.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Sports New/Deadline day coverage is what you would call Nokia/Kodak ..
Great at the times but didn't evolve with the times and left behind living on past glories.

It a poor show now and the new 'experts' and ITK (according to my source) are dull as dishwater with no personalities.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it wont be long before individual clubs sell live coverage of their games. Then goodbye Sky. Trouble is, its likely to make the gap in incomes even bigger unless its regulated.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OT, but at the diametrically opposite end (from the self seeking six) of the televisual football spectrum on BBC3 (Freeview 23) is 'Boot Dreams' which follows the fortunes of a group of previously rejected pro players trying to resurrect stalled careers.

As Gifton Noel-Williams (former Watford striker whose 20s were beset by rheumatoid arthritis after knee injury) notes : only 1% of all hopefuls actually make it.

Depressing reality check really. The difference between being courted by Pep or Matlock Town. Sometimes the talent is there, but the body or attitude lets them down.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OT, but at the diametrically opposite end (from the self seeking six) of the televisual football spectrum on BBC3 (Freeview 23) is 'Boot Dream's which follows the fortunes of a group of previously rejected pro players trying to resurrect stalled careers.

As Gifton Noel-Williams (former Watford striker whose 20s were beset by rheumatoid arthritis after knee injury) notes : only 1% of all hopefuls actually make it.

Depressing reality check really. The difference between being courted by Pep or Matlock Town. Sometimes the talent is there, but the body or attitude lets them down.
100% Iv played with some okish / talented players who could do good things with the ball, but couldn’t be bothered to train or rather go out drinking heavily and worst of all the best one I saw got on the drugs. Such a waste. The ability but no desire

Il have to give it a watch, Noel-Williams wasn’t a bad player bit of a bruiser forward.

Unfortunately too many players get released and have no plan after. Should clubs offer them a coaching path if they wanted it?

It would be nice if the FA set up some sort of released players academy to help them find clubs and keep them fit and focussed. I know Hoddle tried something similar in Spain and had 1/2 players who went on to decent careers out of 25.

Most ex players offer more insight than the new skysports cast who nobody has ever heard of.

There are so many examples of talented academy players. Who just can’t be bothered to train. I don’t know if a culture thing needs to change. Social media and the internet is a world of information but mostly making people less academic

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with much of what has been said re Sky and football. That said, I will continue to subscribe though as I like lots of other sports too which are only/mainly available on Sky e.g cricket, American football, F1, rugby. There is also some decent non-sports content.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky, like pretty much everything else in popular culture. peaked in the 90s and has got progressively worse every year since.

Amazes me not everyone has a ‘stick’ though. You really don’t need Sky anymore.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I cheat a bit and in doing so avail myself of the general footballing knowledge on this forum. I do not watch live tv at all at home, and rely on the local pub, YouTube and occasional visits to matches (any) for my entertainment. Any coverage by Sky, BBC, BT etc is obsessed in filling our screens with social set-ups that simply don't exist in the vast majority of places of which I am knowledgeable. And as for the box ticking 'presenters' ..... no thanks; >50% of it nothing more than 'eye candy' as the Americans delightfully describe it.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky, like pretty much everything else in popular culture. peaked in the 90s and has got progressively worse every year since.

Amazes me not everyone has a ‘stick’ though. You really don’t need Sky anymore.
I subscribe because whenever I've watched on people's "alternative" the quality is nowhere near as good as from the sky q box.
I have a decent av setup at home, I'm not going to ruin it by watching from a sub standard source.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly it is all about viewing figures, and these are massively generated by United and Liverpool, then City, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all following behind.

Frustrating as a supporter of a so-called ‘smaller’ club. But for that reason I don’t really bother with SSN.

For transfers I tend to check-in on Percy, Ornstein, and Romano, plus Kean etc.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OT, but at the diametrically opposite end (from the self seeking six) of the televisual football spectrum on BBC3 (Freeview 23) is 'Boot Dreams' which follows the fortunes of a group of previously rejected pro players trying to resurrect stalled careers.

Fantastic program that is, highly recommend it it to all

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% Iv played with some okish / talented players who could do good things with the ball, but couldn’t be bothered to train or rather go out drinking heavily and worst of all the best one I saw got on the drugs. Such a waste. The ability but no desire

Il have to give it a watch, Noel-Williams wasn’t a bad player bit of a bruiser forward.

Unfortunately too many players get released and have no plan after. Should clubs offer them a coaching path if they wanted it?

It would be nice if the FA set up some sort of released players academy to help them find clubs and keep them fit and focussed. I know Hoddle tried something similar in Spain and had 1/2 players who went on to decent careers out of 25.

Most ex players offer more insight than the new skysports cast who nobody has ever heard of.

There are so many examples of talented academy players. Who just can’t be bothered to train. I don’t know if a culture thing needs to change. Social media and the internet is a world of information but mostly making people less academic
Problem is there’s so many let go the world doesn’t need that many coaches!

My lad plays with a brilliant player who was stokes under 15’s captain, he was released and is now at Stafford Rangers 18’s and 21’s, that’s one hell of a drop, I fully believe he can play higher, but he’s playing with his mates now and enjoying football. 2/3 years at Stoke at a young age had nearly kill his love for the game.

Clubs don’t give a **** about players, they really don’t, so when people go on about plsyers being mercenary I laugh! I know another lad, was wolves keeper for 5 years, his parents went all over the country, cost them thousands in hotels ( Swansea away, be there for 9.30! It had to be a hotel), one day wolves called him in said thanks Rhys but we’re letting you go. No explanation or a pathway out. That’s why I can’t get too worked up by Nunes, Wolves are **** to younger players, can’t cry the other way around

Wilf

Reaction score
It's designed to be background noise in pubs, where no one is really paying attention. They have already got the money from the 'fan in his/her front room'.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My lad plays with a brilliant player who was stokes under 15’s captain, he was released and is now at Stafford Rangers 18’s and 21’s, that’s one hell of a drop, I fully believe he can play higher, but he’s playing with his mates now and enjoying football. 2/3 years at Stoke at a young age had nearly kill his love for the game.

Clubs don’t give a **** about players, they really don’t, so when people go on about plsyers being mercenary I laugh! I know another lad, was wolves keeper for 5 years, his parents went all over the country, cost them thousands in hotels ( Swansea away, be there for 9.30! It had to be a hotel), one day wolves called him in said thanks Rhys but we’re letting you go. No explanation or a pathway out. That’s why I can’t get too worked up by Nunes, Wolves are **** to younger players, can’t cry the other way around
Very sad that this happens in that manor

Scadwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
BBC Football coverage is head and shoulders above ITV and Sky, especially with the sound off.
Said years ago, Sky ruined football with all the money they pumped in. They dictate kick off times,, never considering the fans travelling to games.
Just wish all their satellites would crash and burn!

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TBF 2-3 years in Stoke would pretty much kill your love for anything.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said years ago, Sky ruined football with all the money they pumped in. They dictate kick off times,, never considering the fans travelling to games.
Just wish all their satellites would crash and burn!
Murdoch is responsible for a hell of a lot and needs to be in court facing charges.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance
Government owned and paid by us taxpayers absolute trash
If only more of the media was out of the hands of billionaires and the self-interest groups who are bleeding us consumers dry. I'd happily pay more tax to see that!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to 50 minutes of Arsenal United build up before our game

Just put the commentary game on Sky, and yep, there they are, stood on the pitch at the Emirates talking about the Arsenal game. Sky really is crap.

Back
Top Bottom