Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sky are absolute rubbish

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to get this off my chest having foolishly devoted three hours of my time to Sky's final transfer day coverage. It was such utter garbage. Ignorant presenters with the obligatory dumb blonde or two obsessed only with Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea etc. Gormless reporters smiling inanely outside grounds, freezing to death or bored out of their minds, repeating the same things again and again. All interspersed with dreadful advertisement breaks.

Broadcasting at its very lowest bar with a bizarre group of pundits made up of ex footballers like Kris Boyd and Clinton Morrison who have nothing to offer bar guffawing amongst themselves from time to time like thick schoolboys. Its bad enough when they put on a match these days but yesterday evening was truly dreadful.

Sky need to look in the mirror and realise just how poor this all is. Football supporters are more intelligent than they seem to believe and should be provided with a far more thoughtful and insightful presentation. But I predict things will continue as they are, full of false glitter and glamour and lacking any substance whatsoever. Much like the football world itself right now they reflect the superficiality, vanity, greed and sheer folly that has ruined much of the game. And now to add to this mess we have the Saudis and Qataris throwing bucket loads of money at anything that moves and can kick a ball. Clubs are toys for the boys. The inflationary spiral has only just begun. £150m for a 31 year old Salah and £1.5 million a week. And supposedly prepared to go to £200 million. Bribery and corruption writ large.

Ok that's it! COYW

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to get this off my chest having foolishly devoted three hours of my time to Sky's final transfer day coverage. It was such utter garbage. Ignorant presenters with the obligatory dumb blonde or two obsessed only with Man U, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea etc. Gormless reporters smiling inanely outside grounds, freezing to death or bored out of their minds, repeating the same things again and again. All interspersed with dreadful advertisement breaks.

Broadcasting at its very lowest bar with a bizarre group of pundits made up of ex footballers like Kris Boyd and Clinton Morrison who have nothing to offer bar guffawing amongst themselves from time to time like thick schoolboys. Its bad enough when they put on a match these days but yesterday evening was truly dreadful.

Sky need to look in the mirror and realise just how poor this all is. Football supporters are more intelligent than they seem to believe and should be provided with a far more thoughtful and insightful presentation. But I predict things will continue as they are, full of false glitter and glamour and lacking any substance whatsoever. Much like the football world itself right now they reflect the superficiality, vanity, greed and sheer folly that has ruined much of the game. And now to add to this mess we have the Saudis and Qataris throwing bucket loads of money at anything that moves and can kick a ball. Clubs are toys for the boys. The inflationary spiral has only just begun. £150m for a 31 year old Salah and £1.5 million a week. And supposedly prepared to go to £200 million. Bribery and corruption writ large.

Ok that's it! COYW
Old saying “ Fur coat and no knickers”
Like you I got fed up of listening to their bilge and turned it off.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok that's it! COYW

So you don’t like Sky Sports then?

It was utterly pointless yesterday. Numerous times they reported stuff as “Breaking News” 10-15 later than already released by journalists on Twitter, and even by the relevant clubs. As I commented elsewhere, totally obsessed by their favourite clubs and/or the market value of a player involved.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless you are a club from london or top 6/7 side they won’t talk about your club whatsoever becoming more and more like talksport rubbish

Their commentary is awful I won’t watch any build up or reaction just the game if we are on.

Like others said was good years ago now it’s so bad I’d rather Amazon took it over

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok that's it! COYW
I certainly agree. IMHO last night was appalling.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok that's it! COYW
I agree with all of that apart from (and I know I’m rubbing against the grain) but take away his accent which makes him sound thick but I think Clinton Morrison is actually a good, balanced pundit. I’d take him over many of the dinosaurs they’ve thankfully recently put in the knackers yard.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put it on for two minutes and switched it off when the co-presenter admitted he had no clue that the saudi window was open for another week(in discussing salah).

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
If you have a sky subscription you're endorsing their product. If you don't like it cancel your subscription. I think sky, like other broadcasters and so called journalists are awful and pander to the dirty half dozen. I cancelled my subscriptions about 3 years ago. Haven't missed it at all.

V Wolf

Reaction score
I’m not a particular fan of the NFL, but compare it to the coverage they get and it’s shameful. Genuinely knowledgeable pundits and ex-pros who put the work in and actually research talking points for the shows. Any opinions they give actually seem to stem from fact-finding rather than having to listen to the likes of Merson drone in about how ‘I don’t know much about the other team so I’m predicting a 4-0 Arsenal win’!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok that's it! COYW
I am surprised you waste your money. I gave up on Sky 10 years ago.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
The thing I don’t like is that they’re obviously being told by the producers to dress down. SSN, fri night football, sat evening, sun afternoon and MNF all the pundits/ presenters dress down - not doubt to be in touch with the youth. Wear a suit and tie - make an effort.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
a few years back Sky's Deadline Day show was worth watching when you could but nowadays, it is banal and boring and a waste of time. I watched it yesterday as I was focused on who we might get in against expectations but I doubt that I will fully bother again, apart from a few minutes update checks now and then. Time moves on but Sky have regressed.

Don Corleone

Reaction score

Ok that's it! COYW
Good one.
It’s a bit like when we’re being covered live. You’d think we weren’t actually there all but for five mins of the hour’s coverage leading up to kick off.
Said it before and will again it’s mission big six and protect the order by any means possible.
There I’ve said it now!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good one.
It’s a bit like when we’re being covered live. You’d think we weren’t actually there all but for five mins of the hour’s coverage leading up to kick off.
Said it before and will again it’s mission big six and protect the order by any means possible.
There I’ve said it now!
Exactly. Fans of the Big Six is what makes their business tick. So the Big Six is the only thing they are interested in. My worry is that this affects the way games are refereed.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
As some have said, don’t watch it. I find Sky very irritating, and unfortunately people like the BBC just copy them. Panels of woke ticking nobodies, who waffle on about the top six, lack any knowledge of any other clubs. Then the”chummy” giggly in jokes between ex pros and half baked lady footballers really **** me off. So I just turn the sound off when there is no action. The problem is it isn’t going to get better.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all of that apart from (and I know I’m rubbing against the grain) but take away his accent which makes him sound thick but I think Clinton Morrison is actually a good, balanced pundit. I’d take him over many of the dinosaurs they’ve thankfully recently put in the knackers yard.

Clinton is sort of one of the better ones which says it all that's how low the standards are. His fake Ali G accent (I met Clinton back in the day he talked liked any normal Londoner) is just off putting. I'm waiting for him to say westside and talk about poonani, Aiiii.

The Sky Sports News presenters all have the charisma of a dead body and absolutely offer nothing but stealing the air that we breath. Their journalism is nothing but trawling through social media for stories

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the same with all 24 hour news channels. They’re trying to pad out content all day that truthfully only really requires an hour.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I was unfortunate enough to find the deadline show yesterday here in the US on Peacock. Not seen Sky for years thankfully. It was truly awful and for what is quite a big day in the Premier league story these days the calibre of the presenters and reporters was pretty comical.

People love to mock the US but their coverage of sport is fantastic by comparison.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never had SKY & never will. Dumbed down output for the masses.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless you are a club from london or top 6/7 side they won’t talk about your club whatsoever becoming more and more like talksport rubbish

Their commentary is awful I won’t watch any build up or reaction just the game if we are on.

Like others said was good years ago now it’s so bad I’d rather Amazon took it over
They've a weird obsession with employing YouTubers and big club vloggers.

They do appear to know their clubs to be fair but know little outside them.

I understand a need for diversity, but diversity at the expense of useful knowledge is a waste.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok that's it! COYW
Great post, my feelings exactly!

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their female presenters known for wearing the lowest of cut tops to keep their stereotypical audience somewhat interested as their reporting and coverage is dreadful.

They are so slow in terms of reporting, you're better off having Fabrizio's notifications on and tune out.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Exactly. Fans of the Big Six is what makes their business tick. So the Big Six is the only thing they are interested in. My worry is that this affects the way games are refereed.
I think it does influence the officials, how many times have we seen inconsistencies in decisions. Given for one not the other, as they say with VAR ‘checks club badge’.
Been like it for years but getting worse.

Back
Top Bottom