Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thx mate. . Hadn’t realised. Good he scored and played well

Excellent header from a corner for his goal, excellent header earlier on that hit the post and excellent run and pass for an assist, before being withdrawn on around 80 minutes.

Can't recall him wasting possession, or giving the ball away once.

Looks so, so happy to be valued. We need to get right behind him when he comes back.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely think he’d have got close to double figures for us this season. Looked fantastic in a few games last year in a side lacking creativity. Think he’d thrive playing alongside MGW, Podence, Guedes and Neto.

Regardless, here’s hoping he continues his fantastic form in Belgium and comes back hugely confident to be our main man next year. Reckon he’s going to get close to 25-30 goals for them this season.
Precisely.

Fantastic all round that he’s doing so well there but who’s to say he wouldn’t be doing a good job for us now too whilst we need it. Unlikely his goals would tally of course but he played well off the ball last year and had a decent goal assist return compared to many of our forward players the year before.

Once again, the Mix is binary. Because he is doing well there that’s a better decision than keeping him. Life is more nuanced and there can be other factors at play.

But we are where we are and I hope the lad tears it up as I have always believed he has huge potential, his shot technique for one is sublime.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kid is smashing it!!!!! And a header too!!!!

So happy for him, he is a real talent and so pleased he is getting regular minutes and as he already knows the prem and his all round play and physicality was getting better last season.

So a season where he can get his eye in and build confidence added to the fact he knows he can play in the league, means we should be getting back one hell of a player if he keeps developing like he is.

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Agreed, let him have the full season, score goals, get into scraps and then come back for us next season a hell of a player

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
5 goals and 2 assists in 6 games I think. Whatever your comments about the standard or the opposition it’s gonna do miracles for his self confidence and self belief. I bet he feels 10 foot tall right now.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well.on his way already to bearing last seasons top scorer

These were Zirkzee’s stats last season at anderlecht

Attachments

• 200F112D-696B-4BBD-B11D-C265C9768ACD.png
    200F112D-696B-4BBD-B11D-C265C9768ACD.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 97

Tezla

Reaction score
Great he's showing his obvious talent. I know he may be put down because of the standard of the league but it's irrelevant to me. The experience and confidence of performing regularly will be invaluable. Keep it up Fabio lad

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given his form I cannot help but think if we had stuck with him as back up this year our points tally may be slightly better. But that's a very big if and long term this loan is looking perfect for his progression as a top class striker.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he scores 30+ goals this season, which on current progress is feasible, his value is going to be in the region of what we paid, if not more. We would certainly be excited if we’d signed someone from the Belgium league that had a goal involvement every 40 odd minutes.

Wswolf

Reaction score
Our problem is if we are even a premier league club next year.

We have a wafer thin squad with no new signings likely. No fit striker limited midfield options a shaky defence. We barely offer our strikers a chance with the style of football we play

I can see us being relegated and having to sell him to a west ham or aston villa type club for 20-25 million.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he scores 30+ goals this season, which on current progress is feasible, his value is going to be in the region of what we paid, if not more. We would certainly be excited if we’d signed someone from the Belgium league that had a goal involvement every 40 odd minutes.

The Belgian league isn't that highly rated, though. Brighton recently bought Deniz Undav who scored 26 in that league last season. For 6M Euros. Season before, Paul Onuachu scored 33. It doesn't appear big clubs were fighting over him. Would those names really excite anyone here? There would be moaning if we spent £20M on a player who scored 20 in the Championship, and thats a higher standard league.

For every Lukaku, there's several 25+ goal strikers in that league who never succeed in the main leagues.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doom and gloom merchant? Surfacing from where? Confident little keyboard warrior, aren’t you. It’s not a good league. Go inform yourself.
I have no idea where you've surfaced from, confident maybe I am but a keyboard warrior I am not.

Fabio was obviously low in confidence and was sent to a reputable European club to restart his career. I am informed enough to know the quality of the league may not be great thank you.

If you look back you will see many great players have been loaned out to lower league clubs early in their careers over the years and thrived. Why can't you simply acknowledge this particular move appears to have been good for Fabio to date rather than make sly digs.

As much as I would like to see the youngster in our first team squad at the moment, I think him sharpening his skills whilst getting game time elsewhere will pay huge dividends for Wolves come the start of next season.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is possible to stand out, despite playing at a lower level. I've watched every game he has played since going there on loan, and he has been fantastic.

I am near to certain we have a future world class striker in Fabio.
Hey…..please keep a low profile, will ya?
Some posters on here are absolutely convinced that Wolves don‘t know what they’re doing. ;)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Belgian league isn't that highly rated, though. Brighton recently bought Deniz Undav who scored 26 in that league last season. For 6M Euros. Season before, Paul Onuachu scored 33. It doesn't appear big clubs were fighting over him. Would those names really excite anyone here? There would be moaning if we spent £20M on a player who scored 20 in the Championship, and thats a higher standard league.

For every Lukaku, there's several 25+ goal strikers in that league who never succeed in the main leagues.
Citeh reported to be signing Gomez, Spanish U21 fullback, from Anderlecht for 11M euro.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea where you've surfaced from, confident maybe I am but a keyboard warrior I am not.

Fabio was obviously low in confidence and was sent to a reputable European club to restart his career. I am informed enough to know the quality of the league may not be great thank you.

If you look back you will see many great players have been loaned out to lower league clubs early in their careers over the years and thrived. Why can't you simply acknowledge this particular move appears to have been good for Fabio to date rather than make sly digs.
As much as I would like to see the youngster in our first team squad at the moment, I think him sharpening his skills whilst getting game time elsewhere will pay huge dividends for Wolves come the start of next season.
Perhaps you could find a better way to elevate yourself than to suggest others are beneath you, and keep working on your reading if you’re going to quote and cast aspersions. That’s a sly dig. My previous post was an obvious dig. At the Belgian league. I’ve always backed Fabio. I would’ve kept him, but if he had to go out it should’ve been to a higher level and I said that when he went. Hopefully the challenge is greater than it appears and his success translates.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far it's been a brilliant move for Silva. He will learn so much and come back a better (and hopefully happier) player. I doubt we will have Jimenez here next season so a Silva/Guedes partnership may be in the Club's medium term plans - who knows. Could we not loan a decent striker for this season? Moura at Spurs off the top of my head.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ouch!
Don´t tell the truth around here!

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps you could find a better way to elevate yourself than to suggest others are beneath you, and keep working on your reading if you’re going to quote and cast aspersions. That’s a sly dig. My previous post was an obvious dig. At the Belgian league. I’ve always backed Fabio. I would’ve kept him, but if he had to go out it should’ve been to a higher level and I said that when he went. Hopefully the challenge is greater than it appears and his success translates.
I did not suggest that you or anyone was 'beneath me', so stop trying to make such a big issue out of it.

I get so tired of posters on here criticising everything that the club does. Yes, it has made mistakes but it has also done a lot of good things too. In this case, they loan Fabio out, it seems to be going well then I see comments like yours stating that the loan is "a waste of time" and that the "level is too low" - I just don't get why there seems to be a need to see the negative in everything.

Don't be so sensitive and just take my original comment for what it was and how it was intended - a response to a perceived unwarranted criticism of the club's decision to loan out Fabio to Anderlecht.

Back
Top Bottom