Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carry on like he is, and he will have a lot of suitors next season.
One more year on the loan circuit IMO, next step up, say Portugal or France, being the 5th and 4th best ranked leagues, no option or obligation.
He’d then be coming into the Wolves fold at 22/23, with 2 full senior seasons of regular appearances and hopefully goals.

Liverpool have just paid £70m for a striker that ripped it up in Portugal, that £35m millstone is looking increasingly less silly every game for Anderlecht. Timing/budget constraints maybe, but not seeming as ridiculous in isolation anymore.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I genuinely think he’d have got close to double figures for us this season. Looked fantastic in a few games last year in a side lacking creativity. Think he’d thrive playing alongside MGW, Podence, Guedes and Neto.

Regardless, here’s hoping he continues his fantastic form in Belgium and comes back hugely confident to be our main man next year. Reckon he’s going to get close to 25-30 goals for them this season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ on a bike, 4 in 5 against League One opposition and he has turned into Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Sending him out on loan, is actually one of if not the most shrewd move the club have made this summer. Leave the kid be. Let him enjoy his loan spell and let's not use it to both beat the club with (which i know is easy..) or to make out he is suddenly the answer.

Right now he definitely is not, he may never be, but a season out on loan and revisiting this in July 2023 seems the most sensible move for Fabio.
Very sensible post. Respeccc...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carry on like he is, and he will have a lot of suitors next season.
One more year on the loan circuit IMO, next step up, say Portugal or France, being the 5th and 4th best ranked leagues, no option or obligation.
He’d then be coming into the Wolves fold at 22/23, with 2 full senior seasons of regular appearances and hopefully goals.

Liverpool have just paid £70m for a striker that ripped it up in Portugal, that £35m millstone is looking increasingly less silly every game for Anderlecht. Timing/budget constraints maybe, but not seeming as ridiculous in isolation anymore.
Some of us never doubted him....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely think he’d have got close to double figures for us this season. Looked fantastic in a few games last year in a side lacking creativity. Think he’d thrive playing alongside MGW, Podence, Guedes and Neto.

Regardless, here’s hoping he continues his fantastic form in Belgium and comes back hugely confident to be our main man next year. Reckon he’s going to get close to 25-30 goals for them this season.
I think he would have got more than 10 this season for us. I actually think he would have got more than Raul, who worries me. I think our best hope this season is to share the goals about the team, better than we have done since Doc left.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he would have got more than 10 this season for us. I actually think he would have got more than Raul, who worries me. I think our best hope this season is to share the goals about the team, better than we have done since Doc left.
I really hope that I'm wrong but l've seen precious little to make me optimistic about Raul.

T

TheConcourse

Just watching Fabio he will be a be a great CF I just hope it’s with us , you can’t teach his positional sense , he should of got a penalty and has hit the post with a glancing header , he’s also got that little bit of naughtiness all good players have utw sov
Great play in the build-up to the goal too.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with the above. Watched that first half, he's class.

Powerful with his running, everywhere you'd need him to be in terms of sniffing out chances. Linking play when needs to. Very, very good.

Should undoubtedly be in a Wolves shirt right now but delighted to see him do well.
Could we buy his loan out if there is no recall.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a recent pattern of our players looking better when out on loan than they do with us. Ok, l accept that they are generally playing in a lower standard league but can't help thinking that says something about us too.

I think you answered your own question there. It's a lower level. Either that, or Anderlechts midfield is better than ours. Maybe we should buy them all? And get their manager too, because he certainly knows how to coach an attacking team to supply Fabio with goals. Oh, and their forwards must be better than ours, too.

Or the far simpler (and correct) explanation - it's just a lower level.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This loan will be the absolute making of him, doesn't matter about the level. Playing week in, week out, he'll learn so much, gain confidence, gradually iron out his deficiencies. And we'll watch him (you would have to hope) to see what kind of strategies and nuances get the best out of him, so we can implement the same here when it's our turn. Totally the best place for him to be right now, for long-term benefit.

The problem was never sending him out on loan, it was that we didn't sort out a replacement before he went.

Back
Top Bottom