Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Maybe not down, but very close for a 2nd consecutive season i think. I just don’t rate their manager at all.
Think fringe top 10, like their transfer business and his style is more solid than previously

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not down, but very close for a 2nd consecutive season i think. I just don’t rate their manager at all.
My Leeds supporting mates seem to love him, mainly for his Americanisation of their soccer roster!!!

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Starting for Anderlecht vs Young Boys in the Conference League.

This will be the first game he has played against superior opposition since the move. Anderlecht will likely have a lot less of the ball, and fewer chances. Hoping to see the same movement, skill and decision making as in his first few games and fingers crossed he bags a goal or two.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not been a classic. Fab's not had a lot of the ball.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds like Anderlecht scored and it wasn't Fabio. Boooooo Silva out etc...

Still time...

Might count as an assist... not sure. Fabio’s shot was blocked on the line and bounced to the goalscorer. He had a good run and great ball a moment before. A few nice touches, but not very involved.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might count as an assist... not sure. Fabio’s shot was blocked on the line and bounced to the goalscorer. He had a good run and great ball a moment before. A few nice touches, but not very involved.

Ah good to hear he was involved. I'm not watching the game just have livescore updates.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....and he's headed away countless corners. Somehow the ball always goes straight to his head.

If he's improving in that regard great. For a tall lad who should be decent in the air it was like his head was a 50p coin with a few of his headed chances.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy to look back with hindsight I know. However having seen Raul in two out of our first four games and our overall attacking threat and striker options. I am beginning to think loaning out Fabio when we did may have perhaps been the right move in terms of his professional development but an absolutely awful team/club decision to leave us with such limited strike options to start the season. Fair enough if we had replaced him beforehand, but to leave us with just Raul, who clearly has declined in terms of goal threat and goal chance creation and is way of the pace for the premier league has been a madness.

Bournemouth will make it at five games with no back up striker integrated into the squad which now in retrospect looks like sheer lunacy and a calamitous decision. It does not take rocket science to see that we are in the bottom three because we have failed to score enough goals and apply enough of a strike threat in the final third. It is a plain fact that Fabio would have given us another option up top and whoever chose to loan him out when they did made a catastrophic error. In loaning Fabio out we have shot ourselves in the foot and pre-empted this appalling start to the season. If their is one truism about the Premier league it is quite simply if you do not score enough goals you are in big trouble. This is a truth that although obvious to 99.9% of football fans does not seem to have been taken on board by whoever made the decision to loan out Fabio when they did.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy to look back with hindsight I know. However having seen Raul in two out of our first four games and our overall attacking threat and striker options. I am beginning to think loaning out Fabio when we did may have perhaps been the right move in terms of his professional development but an absolutely awful team/club decision to leave us with such limited strike options to start the season. Fair enough if we had replaced him beforehand, but to leave us with just Raul, who clearly has declined in terms of goal threat and goal chance creation and is way of the pace for the premier league has been a madness.

Bournemouth will make it at five games with no back up striker integrated into the squad which now in retrospect looks like sheer lunacy and a calamitous decision. It does not take rocket science to see that we are in the bottom three because we have failed to score enough goals and apply enough of a strike threat in the final third. It is a plain fact that Fabio would have given us another option up top and whoever chose to loan him out when they did made a catastrophic error. In loaning Fabio out we have shot ourselves in the foot and pre-empted this appalling start to the season. If their is one truism about the Premier league it is quite simply if you do not score enough goals you are in big trouble. This is a truth that although obvious to 99.9% of football fans does not seem to have been taken on board by whoever made the decision to loan out Fabio when they did.
I assumed we had a replacement lined up straight away. We didn't have that.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assumed we had a replacement lined up straight away. We didn't have that.

Yes I think many of us thought that at the time. If you had told me when we loaned him we would be half a dozen games in to the season with an under par Raul and no striker integrated into the team I would have gone rabid wolf.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be prime Ronaldo and we'd not score under the current manager. I think Fabio is in exactly the right place for his development.
Surely we can cancel his loan (maybe with a financial penalty incurred?)

I see Lage going and I'd love Fabio back considering the situation with Raul.

As much as I've loved Raul playing for us, I feel his time is up and a move to somewhere like MLS would make sense.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely we can cancel his loan (maybe with a financial penalty incurred?)

I see Lage going and I'd love Fabio back considering the situation with Raul.

As much as I've loved Raul playing for us, I feel his time is up and a move to somewhere like MLS would make sense.
Ive heard that we can incur a cost to bring him back in January, FWIW.

But I genuinely don't think personnel is our problem.

Back
Top Bottom