Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No it doesn't, but the expectation is greater, the higher the price. Agree that we are boring to watch and that a prime Ronaldo would struggle to score for us, but I'd bet he would create more chances for himself than Silva has done.
Just an example and in no way am I comparing Silva to a prime Ronaldo. ;)
I mean you realise you literally are when you say that right?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this thread next season as no matter what he does, if Wolves aren’t scoring enough it’ll be something to hold against the club.

He doesn’t score, £35m flop, what a waste.

He score some but not much, found his level, he’ll never be good enough.

Scores loads, ffs why is he playing in Belgium when he should be leading the line for us.

Going to be a great weekly read.

It needs a Prediction Game on how many we think he will score. Knowing the Wolves way by now, I know it won't be cut and dried either way. That rules out the extremes at either end. Something around 10 - 12 goals, maybe, with most coming against lower clubs who are barely Championship level - just to keep us arguing! Perhaps an injury or two just to confuse the issue even more.

Any less than that and will be because he's played out of position and probably not playing with the "right kind of midfield and centre halves".

On the other hand, if he gets 20+, it will be down to his team mates providing assists for tap ins "my granny could score" and the poor quality opposition.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes you wonder whether Lage was less than impressed with Fabio last year… he openly spoke about some of the younger players needing to grow up. I assume this was Trincao, Fabio and Hoever? Might kick the team on this year.
I wonder whether Trincao is the worst thing to happen to Fabio in his time at the club so far.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I wonder whether Trincao is the worst thing to happen to Fabio in his time at the club so far.
They were out in bars in Tettenhall a fair bit. Not crazy amounts but a few times.

Not over egging it, plenty do it. Ronaldo was famous for it at United with Anderson and Pique but just raising it

Reactions: Ned

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes you wonder whether Lage was less than impressed with Fabio last year… he openly spoke about some of the younger players needing to grow up. I assume this was Trincao, Fabio and Hoever? Might kick the team on this year.
Trincao and Fabio lived together I believe with Hoever next door.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Trincao and Fabio lived together I believe with Hoever next door.
There was definitely a bromance going on, days out in London together, laughing and joking on the sidelines. Young lads being young lads, except these are at a crucial point in their careers at a very young age when they need to show more maturity than their non-sportsmen counterparts.

No co-incidence the three of them have been broken up. Time for Fabio to show what he can do on the pitch now. Oh and i believe he has it in him to do that.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Included in the squad for tonight’s game (first game of the season in Belgium) against Oostende. 5:30 ko, hopefully he gets on the pitch!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's right though, and us loaning out Silva now just simply underlines his original point. It really was a very dodgy deal.
It was why an agent shouldn't represent both the buying club and selling club.
"Oi mendes, we need money. These players here we will let go for 10m, but anything you can get above that you can have 25% of"
"Hi Gestifute, we are looking for a striker. We have done really good business with you in the past and trust you to find the right guy for us. Our budget is 35 million"
Happens more in football than it should.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member intdint

He's right though, and us loaning out Silva now just simply underlines his original point. It really was a very dodgy deal.

Bayern Munich have just signed a french striker, 17, no senior goals, less than 10 senior apps for 25m.

Man United spent 35m on Amad Diallo, who has looked terrible so far and couldn’t do it against the very poor opposition in Scotland.

Obviously we have paid for potential, we can’t afford to risk him being our #1 striker, so Anderlecht pay his wages and hopefully after a year in Belgium he is better for it.

Silva slander shows a frightening lack of knowledge.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bayern Munich have just signed a french striker, 17, no senior goals, less than 10 senior apps for 25m.

Man United spent 35m on Amad Diallo, who has looked terrible so far and couldn’t do it against the very poor opposition in Scotland.

Obviously we have paid for potential, we can’t afford to risk him being our #1 striker, so Anderlecht pay his wages and hopefully after a year in Belgium he is better for it.

Whilst there are good points made here, if I compare Silva with previous Wolves players of a similar age or younger, he is certainly not in the same class. Still feel it was a ridiculous fee to pay.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The key difference is that Bayern and Man Utd can afford to gamble that amount of money on youngsters. Our budget is much less, so the risk if Silva doesn't work out is higher.

Some people are way over the top with criticism of Silva and Shi for doing the deal, but on the other hand we can't pretend that gambling 35m on a player who may or may not come good years later isn't much riskier for us than the likes of Man Utd. There is also the question of how much Mendes made out of it.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to see anything exceptional in Silva nor have I been able to see the natural finishers instinct!!

I’m on the record so a spell among lower quality should afford him an opportunity to show us whatever it is that he has! If anything.
I really hope he makes me eat my words and no one will be more happy so to do

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bayern also signed De Ligt and Mane for 80M, who will both strengthen an already string starting eleven...
So for them paying 25M for potential isn't a big deal...

However for us it is. We paid 35M for "potential" while completely neglecting more urgent needs in the team
There really is no defending such a ludicrous decision.
As for slander. Nobody is blaming Silva here. He's a good lad and with a bit of luck he comes good and either give us a few good years or help us recoup some of the outlay.

But of course a deal us dodgy when you pay way over the actual value of a player. Doesn't mean anything illegal has happened. Just that from a Wolves perspective it was very poor business, for one reason or another.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has to be noted that I actually rate Silva and I support the idea of him being loaned out.
I also think he'll be a succes in Belgium and come back stronger and better...

But the current Wolves team currently has zero fit strikers. And that fact highlights the stupidity of neglecting the first team while paying 35M on potential

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bayern also signed De Ligt and Mane for 80M, who will both strengthen an already string starting eleven...
So for them paying 25M for potential isn't a big deal...

However for us it is. We paid 35M for "potential" while completely neglecting more urgent needs in the team
There really is no defending such a ludicrous decision.
As for slander. Nobody is blaming Silva here. He's a good lad and with a bit of luck he comes good and either give us a few good years or help us recoup some of the outlay.

But of course a deal us dodgy when you pay way over the actual value of a player. Doesn't mean anything illegal has happened. Just that from a Wolves perspective it was very poor business, for one reason or another.

Silva was undoubtedly overpriced. Likeliest scenario is the deal was a payday for Mendes after the cheap deals for Moutinho, Neves etc etc.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Funny isn't it ( well I think it is..) If you rate Silva- then you know about football. If you think he is ****- then you know **** all about football.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can watch Anderlecht’s game on Bet365 as long as you’ve got sufficient funds deposited (don’t actually have to place a bet though) for anyone who’s interested if/when he does play.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have had an assist but his strike partner missed an absolute sitter.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shocking miss from his teammate, Fabio put it on a plate for him

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And now he’s missed one too (not as bad a miss but should have hit the target).

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes just missed a glorious chance

Back
Top Bottom