Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Matheus Cunha (Athletico Madrid)

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lies, damn lies and statistics. Just remember that Cunha has not been starting every match.

22/23 he has played 4 full games (with 2 assists)

21/22 he has played the equivalent of 12 La Liga games with 6 goals and 6 assists.

1670101243043.png

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lies, damn lies and statistics. Just remember that Cunha has not been starting every match.

22/23 he has played 4 full games (with 2 assists)

21/22 he has played the equivalent of 12 La Liga games with 6 goals and 6 assists.

View attachment 31720
Exactly the same as Raul at Benfica and he turned out alright

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that Lopetegui wanted Guedes at Sevilla to be the second striker type player, so why would we buy another one, when it's the actual striker we don't have (no disprespect to Raul or Diego).

I think he will be playing Guedes and Cunha as the wide attackers or even with Cunha as a 10. Said it elsewhere, but wouldnt be surprised if we cash in on Adama to free up a spot or possibly Podence.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think he will be playing Guedes and Cunha as the wide attackers or even with Cunha as a 10. Said it elsewhere, but wouldnt be surprised if we cash in on Adama to free up a spot or possibly Podence.
Could be, although I'd be surprised if Adama goes now when he can sign a pre-contract and leave for nothing in 6 months. I presume in terms of numbers we can drop Chiquinho and Sasa from the named squad, neither of them are playing this season.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be, although I'd be surprised if Adama goes now when he can sign a pre-contract and leave for nothing in 6 months. I presume in terms of numbers we can drop Chiquinho and Sasa from the named squad, neither of them are playing this season.

Suppose if Mendes can sort something out beneficial for everyone he could go if he wont sign here. I think he will probabably wait and see but you never know what uncle Jorge has up his sleeve

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can put this one in the medium risk category I think. Looks like he can play but yet he doesn't really get that much game time or goals.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one gaining traction
Know sweet fa about him but anyone that wins a gold medal for Brazil and scores over 20 goals for their U23s cant be bad
His scoring record doesnt fill anyone with optimism,but he has been injured and been a bit part player so far for Atletico
Is he THE striker i doubt it,but will add another dimension

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says a lot about a person who's first response is to find a negative
What is negative to one person isn’t to another.

Also, you seem to discount people who have a different thought process or came to a different opinion based on a more rounded knowledge base, a person who is critical in thought is as important and in cases of high performance more important than blue sky and over positive thinkers as it is easier to find those missing inches or last few percent to find optimum performance with critical minds around and that is proven in a significant number of studies and anecdotes from winning players and teams or even first hand experience of a similar event happened in the past to them.

Many of the greatest talents and most winning athletes at the olympics and team sport and business are these people you say “says a lot about a person whose first response is to find the negative” types.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
More I think about it the more I like this signing. Think this is the kind of player we should be targeting, clearly a talented lad but has lost his way a little at a big European club. Come to Wolves, play in the Premier League, in front of a brilliant fanbase with a top quality manager and get your career back on the right path. And if he does that we benefit from the time he’s here too.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that twitter guy that broke Nunes mentioned Cunha or something cryptic about Cunha in September. Interesting

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was gutted when he went to Hertha after we had been linked with him a couple of seasons ago, decent pace and can play all across the front, my guess is on loan until the end of the season and see where we are at, this January is shaping up to be an exciting one

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, one thing that certainly is great to see is us being proactive. If we have a couple of players signed and sealed for January it would be brilliant.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More I think about it the more I like this signing. Think this is the kind of player we should be targeting, clearly a talented lad but has lost his way a little at a big European club. Come to Wolves, play in the Premier League, in front of a brilliant fanbase with a top quality manager and get your career back on the right path. And if he does that we benefit from the time he’s here too.

Sounds like the recipe we followed in early Nuno Wolves ;)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing players getting them ready and in for first week of Jan what more can we ask. Cunha as 10 and across the front line the CB we have also been liked to happy days.

I still expect some outgoings

Back
Top Bottom