Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Matheus Cunha (Athletico Madrid)

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
I’m going to hope that people’s positive opinion of him from those that go to more games than me is correct. I’ve not seen anything that suggests he’s worth anywhere near what we paid. I would think one of our young forwards would do a similar job to any of our first team strikers.

He seems like a good guy so i hope I’m proved wrong.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the comments here are laughable.

Cunha is class and was linked with teams way above us.

Put a better squad around him and he’ll be a star.
Class? Not so sure. I do like him and think he's promising but lacks any sort of end product unfortunately, which makes the £40m pricetag look like it's probably double what it should have been.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we've been sold another pup to me , not creating much and doesn't look like scoring exactly what we didn't need for 40m.

superwolves

Reaction score
Whatever we paid is irrelevant he was wanted for our target of avoiding relegation and we've achieved that and he's played his part to do that. The value of that far outweighs the investment of any players we wasn't really in a position to wait

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s another £40m Brazilian striker in the PL that everyone thought was a flop at first.

But now he’s playing superbly in a 3 man central midfield and £40m looks like an absolute snip.

Maybe Cunha should take a leaf out of Joelinton’s book.

Could really work as an advanced 8/no.10 behind a proper striker. We saw in his brief partnership with Costa that he has the quality required when those around him do too.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he was worth what we paid but I definitely think he has played a positive part in us staying up.
I also think that we have seen a few players struggle to adapt or take their time to adapt to the PL so I am really hoping that Cunha, along with Nunes, Sarabia and Gomes benefit from this season’s experience and step up next season, after a summer rest and reflection, and a proper pre-season.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are still paying for Moutinho, Neves, Patricio, Jota. We are paying those favours!

Apart from Moutinho I think we paid a fair fee for the others, it's all the deals after our first year up where we have been shafted

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Cunha but of course we paid double his worth. With the right players around him he'll contribute. When he played in a two I typically thought we played better.

Back
Top Bottom