Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Craig Dawson (West Ham)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The photos aren't just for the fun of it, a lot will be needed for external media.

I.e. headshot for our website and Merlin sticker albums. Arms folded one/short goal celebration video clip for Sky Sports and so on.
Yes, the ‘celebration’ and ‘badge holding/kissing/pointing’ ones are used in cut-scenes for BT and Amazon coverage, the moody flex ones are always seen in the lineup visuals etc.

So yeah it’s a ballache for introverts, but it’s the broadcasters paying the bills, so they get the pics they want.

colincameron

Reaction score
Reminds me of Silva at Chelsea, doesn't matter if your legs have gone a bit with age if you place yourself in a way you don't need to run half the time. Outstanding indeed.

Amazing thought.. if that’s the case we might get another 7 years out of him at least!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game was barely thirty seconds old and you could see he was doing the organising, and while I think Collins was unlucky to lose his place, Kilman had a (mostly) solid game due in no small part to having the experience of Dawson alongside him. Thought he was excellent, if perhaps a little lucky to stay on the pitch, (unless I've got the wrong player) I think some refs would have given him a second yellow for his challenge near the touchline in the second half

Not the most exciting signing of the window by a long stretch but he really could be the most crucial

Last edited:

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Dawson, the dog's *******s.
I remember he also guided a West Ham in crisis to safety, as soon as he joined them approx. two years ago.
Just hope stays injury-free for the rest of the season.
Him and Lemina are the types of warriors we have been missing since Boly got Covid and Raul was nearly killed.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he relieves Neves of pressure, and Semedo looked calmer by having an experienced defender marshalling the defence along with a Rottweiler called Mario .

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His distribution is far better than I imagined

I also noticed when Liverpool were overrunning us on around the hour mark he ran over to Neves to give him some instructions. Exactly what we've been missing

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Immense debut. The amount of clearances he made suggests his positioning is outstanding. Great goal of course. Only negative was his dodgy pass that we got away with.

Feels a bit daft seeing people comment on Collins and what Dawson does better - he's 11 years older, that will come. Looks like he's going to be a great player for our other defenders to learn from.

Looks like he could be the best defender we've had since peak Boly three years or so back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved his booking clever move. Shame we didn’t sign him sooner

Finish of prime Thierry Henry

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got his laces right through that finish. Positioning was superb and is already imposing his character on the team - he doesn't give off cheerleader vibes but he organised his team mates well and let Kilman know what he should have been doing when he didn't listen. Think he will be one of those signings we look back on as pivotal

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got his laces right through that finish. Positioning was superb and is already imposing his character on the team - he doesn't give off cheerleader vibes but he organised his team mates well and let Kilman know what he should have been doing when he didn't listen. Think he will be one of those signings we look back on as pivotal
Bang on mate, even when building for the future with talent, you need to sign quality and experienced heads to guide and shape them. Plus coach them on the field.

He will do that for toti gomes, kilman and collins who are three CB’s with mountains of potential but are still too raw to be the main men.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I knew Dawson would chip in with a few goals, but I wasn’t expecting a laser shot in his debut! We haven’t been getting any goals from set pieces and that’s hurt our scoring. Saiss and Boly always chipped in a few goals a piece…so having Dawson attacking corners will help a ton.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Yeah really liked that, no messing about trying to place it to the millimetre, just stuck his laces right through it to give Alisson no chance of saving it.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is this man not getting the love he deserves?

Been absolutely outstanding so far, one dodgy pass against Liverpool asid

Assumed we were getting a bit of an old fashioned centre half but his distribution is great

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Probably my man of the match yesterday. Could he have done better for their goal though, he did clear it right into the blokes foot? Otherwise though he’s exactly what we’ve needed for a while, whatever comes into the box he puts it out the box just as quick. Doesn’t allow opposition to build pressure.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably my man of the match yesterday. Could he have done better for their goal though, he did clear it right into the blokes foot? Otherwise though he’s exactly what we’ve needed for a while, whatever comes into the box he puts it out the box just as quick. Doesn’t allow opposition to build pressure.
Reads the game well and an awesome passer surpassed my expectations two games with him, two wins

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think he was quite as good yesterday from the heights of his debut. Went long second half which I don't mind at times but they were wasteful punts to no one. But I knew he would be a top signing.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said he d be the most important signing that keeps us up ...started well.
Yes jade,,he Coulda done a tad better yesterday clearing it rather than shining it to saints scorer , but the ball came at him quickly.
A proper defender , solid, experienced, strong ,and an organiser ....you won't want coady back now dawson is at wolves, with kilman and Collins learning from him.
Dawson defends on the front foot...cuts out danger , coady used to defend on the goal line behind Sa

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player, a leader, intelligent, tough and uses the ball well

I thought he was a clogger, but he's really not
Same here. He's that brilliant combination of a tough CB, who reads the game very well, and a very good footballer - his control and passing out from the back is better than decent. He's one of those lovely players you just feel comfortable with near the ball.

Tremendous signing for us, no big Gomesesque fanfare but he's made a massive difference.

Back
Top Bottom