Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Craig Dawson (West Ham)

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham fans seem gutted about this one which is hopefully a good sign, doesn’t seem like the club were too pleased about losing him either looking at the short leaving message on the website. Something that hasn’t gone down well with the fans.
I work with a WHU fan. He says we’ve got a great player and he’s sorry to see him go (“****ing amazed we let him go”, he said.)

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I work with a WHU fan. He says we’ve got a great player and he’s sorry to see him go (“****ing amazed we let him go”, he said.)
I’ve always rated him (yes, even when he was playing for Tesco’s). Class defender, who rarely makes a mistake.

Glad we’ve signed him while he still has the legs for the Premier League.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loving his attempts to keep a straight face whilst doing all the new signing photoshoot stuff. Clearly not a huge fan of all the fuss that comes with transfers these days!

While I enjoy these videos the club for a signing I do not think personally every one should contain the new player having to pose with that photographer who to me comes across as the annoying sod you get at a wedding with his constant " do this, do that, smile and give a goal celebration " nonsense ! Like you I got the distinct impression that Craig Dawson could hardly keep his face straight during it.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I enjoy these videos the club for a signing I do not think personally every one should contain the new player having to pose with that photographer who to me comes across as the annoying sod you get at a wedding with his constant " do this, do that, smile and give a goal celebration " nonsense ! Like you I got the distinct impression that Craig Dawson could hardly keep his face straight during it.

That’s the job of a photographer isn’t it? I’m not one myself but I imagine they’ll want to take 30-40 pics to ensure they get the right one or two for the club to use on their channels.

We live in a world where people are craving every extra detail and behind the scenes access. This is part of it.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s the whole idea of a photo shoot part and parcel of the announcement video

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing about Dawson...
He doesn't stand still off set pieces and loop a floaty header over the bar from a standing jump.

We might see someone run and attack a corner with intent for once
I am looking forward to it. We don't attack corners. We don't score from corners. I can see him coming on for 15 mins at the end when we need a goal. About time.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it. We don't attack corners. We don't score from corners. I can see him coming on for 15 mins at the end when we need a goal. About time.

And less faffing about with these short flicky one tap-two touch ones and more 'Hail Mary' corners launched into the bowels of the opposition's 18 yard box... that'll soon sort out the men from the boys.

C'mon Wolves... put it in with gusto (not a new foreign signing)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And less faffing about with these short flicky one tap-two touch ones and more 'Hail Mary' corners launched into the bowels of the opposition's 18 yard box... that'll soon sort out the men from the boys.

C'mon Wolves... put it in with gusto.

I sometimes wonder if there is any correlation between the current nature of our crosses/how we challenge for them and the way in which Raul got injured.....

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The photos aren't just for the fun of it, a lot will be needed for external media.

I.e. headshot for our website and Merlin sticker albums. Arms folded one/short goal celebration video clip for Sky Sports and so on.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing how loved he was at West Ham and the send off he’s got from their fans, makes me feel bad that Coadys departure was handled in the way it was.
In terms of a comparison of how the respective clubs handled things West Ham have hardly covered themselves in glory in the case of Dawson - that’s the view their fans have.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if there is any correlation between the current nature of our crosses/how we challenge for them and the way in which Raul got injured.....

Understand your point but in Raul's case... Arsenal corner, DL running towards, and leapt at, the incoming ball (and Raul) at the near post.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One thing about Dawson...
He doesn't stand still off set pieces and loop a floaty header over the bar from a standing jump.

We might see someone run and attack a corner with intent for once

Struggle to attack one of our corners haha

Sir Ron

Groupie
Reaction score
Still early, but after that display today, could be the signing of the season.

Dawson, the best defender in an wolves shirt since?............
Fitted in seamlessly from the get go, apart from one howler he was awesome, positionally great, vocal in his leadership made tons of clearances and scored, nice one West Ham

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slow and did a collins howler... but excellent today and such a difference with his leadership and goal threat. I'd worry about him against pace but what a signing given the amount we paid.

Thanks West Ham :)

T

TheConcourse

You can see the huge difference between him and Collins.

Collins seems to be reactive to dangerous situations. Dawson reads everything way in advance.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see the huge difference between him and Collins.

Collins seems to be reactive to dangerous situations. Dawson reads everything way in advance.
Dawson can also pick a pass I’ve noticed. Every time he picks the ball up on the right, he’s not thinking he’s giving it to Semedo, he’s looking forward to see if there’s a more incisive pass that can be played. Kilman is also very good at that when he has options making a run towards him to receive the ball.

It happened a couple of times where the ball went from Dawson to Cunha and suddenly we were 3v2. Collins for me treats the ball like a hot potato too much for my liking, I think with maturity and experience that will improve, because technically I do think he can get the ball down and play, plenty for both Max and Nathan to learn from the way Dawson conducts himself in games.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is just what we need. Experience, a calm head and an excellent centre half.

Great debut. He looked like he loved it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was class, bang on from Lopetegui to put him straight in. We've needed some leadership at the back all season.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His positioning is outstanding. In the way of everything.

Reminds me of Silva at Chelsea, doesn't matter if your legs have gone a bit with age if you place yourself in a way you don't need to run half the time. Outstanding indeed.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Sa followed one dodgy kick with another shortly afterward Dawson just stared at him as if to say "cut that **** out".

Back
Top Bottom