Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Craig Dawson (West Ham)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson and Lemina brought with them Premier League experience . Nunes , Cunha and Sarabia didn't . The first two settled in straight away , the other three are taking far more time with fitness just being one of those reasons .

If there is a half decent player available with PL experience , then you're getting a ready made player for this league , rather than having to wait ages for them to settle in . They are more expensive - but what price is too expensive if said player is an instant hit .
Yep, agree and pretty-obvious back in January. Howe at Newcastle showed us this. The downside of our recruitment is that Nunes in particular will have a season of Premier League Experience when he goes to Liverpool and will probably settle quickly. Just hope that we are rewarded adequately for developing him and giving him this experience.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a joke about West Brom, dude.
Of course, they’re standard was low but hey we are reaping the rewards now he does look good could play for many years more 2/3?? His pace isn’t an issue. He can read the game well

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nearly couldn't be bothered to respond to this overreaction, but in my opinion Coady sees himself as the commanding linchpin traditional centre back. That's why he does all the talking, but plays how he does you to a lack of key skills. When I played, I had the brain of a centre back but the body of a left winger, where I played, but often found myself at centre back due to injuries etc and had to try all sorts of tactics as I couldn't deal with strong players on the floor or in the air.

Everton are getting exactly the same as we did out of Coady. Organises and helps morale. But repeatedly caught out as centre half/sweeper when up against Premier League level players. He had some workarounds, but still would struggle as we saw too often. It's clearly down to his playing abilities (falling short) , nothing to do with tactics or anything a manager can fix.

It was a mistake to get rid of the core of experienced players all in one go, but we seem to have overcome that mess now and we are actually very strong in central defence. Coady was the epitome of the problem you get with non-Sky 6 players - "If they didn't have their flaws, Liverpool/ManU/etc" would have snapped them up". Difficult one as he definitely had good points that helped us, but also crucial weakpoints (eg lack of pace) that are huge negatives at this level.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is an absolute hero. If I was a west ham fan right now I'd be more gutted about losing Dawson than I am about missing out on Enzo Fernandez.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is an absolute hero. If I was a west ham fan right now I'd be more gutted about losing Dawson than I am about missing out on Enzo Fernandez.

Our feelings for Dawson at the moment are probably very similar to how Everton fans felt about Coady initially.

Hopefully it doesn't turn like it has there!

But given the fact that the move was primarily related to family reasons, rather than ability reasons, I can't see that it will change.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He'll be captain next season if Sir Ruben of Neves departs

I have heard a rumour that *when* Neves picks up his next yellow and gets banned, Dawson will take the armband. He will then keep it until the end of the season because there's dislike among the senior management at how Neves deals with referees.

Just a rumour I've heard so please don't go all Roy Keane on me.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have heard a rumour that *when* Neves picks up his next yellow and gets banned, Dawson will take the armband. He will then keep it until the end of the season because there's dislike among the senior management at how Neves deals with referees.

Neves needs to be more disciplined.... yes its good to have a Captain that will stand up for his team but we can't afford to lose our captain/ best player a couple of times a season through suspensions that can be avoided.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, the best way to keep your best player by a country mile is to take the armband away from him. :)

The player approach to referees is easily dealt with in a quick conversation. If they didn't like the way he backs his teammates, they'd tell him and he'd stop.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Craig Dawson.
Moved to the second least liked city in the UK.
Left a European cup winning team to do so.
Came because he wanted to play for Wolves or something I can't think there is another reason

1686220804718.png

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Craig Dawson.
Came because he wanted to play for Wolves or something I can't think there is another reason

View attachment 35079
Serious answer is he lives in Rochdale with his family and used to commute to London, now only the joys of the M6 to deal with.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't want to take this off-topic, but that map is really about the reputations of cities rather than the reality. There's really not much to separate Manchester and Birmingham, but the Mancs I've met seem to love shouting about how great the place is and Brummies joke about how Birmingham is a dump. Luckily, when people actually visit Wolverhampton it's usually much better than they were expecting.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Craig Dawson.

View attachment 35079
There's a fair few cities missing on that list, including the one I live in.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this!!

Don't want to take this off-topic, but that map is really about the reputations of cities rather than the reality. There's really not much to separate Manchester and Birmingham, but the Mancs I've met seem to love shouting about how great the place is and Brummies joke about how Birmingham is a dump. Luckily, when people actually visit Wolverhampton it's usually much better than they were expecting.
Wolverhampton is a good city for a pub crawl. The Civic gets a lot of good gigs, Tettenhall is a nice suburb to live in. And the football club is still borderline proper.
It's alright, but probably no reasons for a millionaire footballer to choose over a more blingy city or London club.

*Not a big fan of Manchester, the place is up itself.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about the Manchester/ Birmingham thing. I respect brummies more for the more laid back attitude to thier City. Feel a bit the same about Liverpool/ Hull. Liverpool has much better press, but not much between them, though Scousers would be horrified at the comparison and Hullensians would just have a quiet little smile.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last sentence, sadly the city's reputation is so bloody poor that isn't exactly hard ...

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Re your last sentence, sadly the city's reputation is so bloody poor that isn't exactly hard ...
That's my point. Wolverhampton doesn't deserve its reputation. It's not Bath, York or Chester, but there are far worse places.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bradford being in the press for the nasty grooming/abuse circus over recent years probably contributed to it being rock bottom. In reality that's not a fair reflection of the city and its people.

Or just because it's a ****hole maybe.

Back
Top Bottom