Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SIGNED: Craig Dawson (West Ham)

Bangla Wolf

Reaction score
Dawson was first one across to Lopetigui during the Costa injury treatment. I'm pretty sure he had realised we were getting overwhelmed by the Spurs tactics and he was encouraging a change in formation by his body language.

Last edited:

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Same here. He's that brilliant combination of a tough CB, who reads the game very well, and a very good footballer - his control and passing out from the back is better than decent. He's one of those lovely players you just feel comfortable with near the ball.

Tremendous signing for us, no big Gomesesque fanfare but he's made a massive difference.
I just think there’s a huge amount to be said about signing experienced Premier players and Dawson being a perfect example. The English game is like no other and you’ll hear and read articles by foreign players describing how difficult it is to adapt to it. We’ve had a few that have got to grips with it fairly quickly like Neves & Jota but plenty who have struggled too. It’s telling that Lemina & Dawson have been our most astute January business and both have Premier experience. Dawson signing was a master stroke.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Funny isn’t it really? If he was Spanish, Brazilian or Portuguese and cost 30 million, everyone would be raving about him and posting every 2 minutes but because he’s English and only cost around 3 million (even though he has been better than virtually all our other signings this season), he goes unnoticed.

I think he deserves a lot more praise than he’s getting. He leads on the pitch and has made us difficult to breakdown. Also think Max finding his form is partly down to Craig.

Dawson and Lemina have given us the steel we have been missing for ages.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think there’s a huge amount to be said about signing experienced Premier players and Dawson being a perfect example. The English game is like no other and you’ll hear and read articles by foreign players describing how difficult it is to adapt to it. We’ve had a few that have got to grips with it fairly quickly like Neves & Jota but plenty who have struggled too. It’s telling that Lemina & Dawson have been our most astute January business and both have Premier experience. Dawson signing was a master stroke.
Dawson & Lemina (along with Lopetegui) are why we're staying up.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on kid. I like the mix of signings we're making now... it makes sense to vary things and look at proven if slightly uninspiring sometimes.

(I wish we'd stuck on MGW though, he'd have been special in this side in my opinion. The price looked too good to turn down; then you see Nunes and Guedes...)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ballon D’awson is immense.

How in gods name did Wet Spam agree to sell him to a rival relegation threatened club
bang on Park

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We need a Ballon D'awson song. Any ideas?

At West Ham, he had the ‘He’s Brazilian/Korean’ chant.

He’s Craig Dawson,
Cost £5 million pounds and he’s awesome,
Cross the ball and he scores ’em,
He’s Craig Dawson

Guess we could give him the Craddock song.

One Craig Dawson,
There’s only one Craig Dawson.
He played for the ****e
But now he’s alright
Walking in a Dawson wonderland…

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s Craig Dawson,
He’s Craig Dawson

One Craig Dawson,
He played for the ****e
But now he’s alright
The latter. Perfect. If I have enough ale in me next week I'll get it going.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
A shrewd signing like Dawson in 2020 when we moved Ryan Bennett could have made the last three years much less tumultuous! Particularly on current form.
At the time we were bringing in Semedo, Ait Nouri, Hoever and Marcal...
Dawsons leadership would have helped the first two of those guys settle much quicker and he would have saved us the bother of bringing the latter two in at all.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best signing of the season for me. That hit he took to the upper chest today was incredible. Stood there and took it like a heavyweight boxer. Wins so much in the air and the discipline he has brought to the back line is truly impressive. Much has been made of us giving Coady to Everton but we've effectively replaced him with Dawson and he's been magnificent.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best signing of the season for me. That hit he took to the upper chest today was incredible. Stood there and took it like a heavyweight boxer. Wins so much in the air and the discipline he has brought to the back line is truly impressive. Much has been made of us giving Coady to Everton but we've effectively replaced him with Dawson and he's been magnificent.
This!
I put up a poll a couple of months ago to see who mixers thought would be our best buy in January. Serabia, Cunha and Gomes (for obvious reasons) got plenty of votes, but Dawson went under the radar to a large extent. Been the best of our purchases by a long-chalk, so far.
His block on Son's goal-bound shot just after half time (the one deflected onto the bar) kept us in the match allowing us to eventually win it.
Shout out to @let's all have a disco, who championed this signing since the summer. I wasn't convinced, but am now.
Superb signing!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This!
I put up a poll a couple of months ago to see who mixers thought would be our best buy in January. Serabia, Cunha and Gomes (for obvious reasons) got plenty of votes, but Dawson went under the radar to a large extent. Been the best of our purchases by a long-chalk, so far.
His block on Son's goal-bound shot just after half time (the one deflected onto the bar) kept us in the match allowing us to eventually win it.
Shout out to @let's all have a disco, who championed this signing since the summer. I wasn't convinced, but am now.
Superb signing!
I think that many folk had doubts because of his age, the fact that West Ham were prepared to let him go and, probably most importantly, who one of his former clubs were....

Spot on re @lets all have a disco though, credit where it is due.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relying solely on what Jorge recommended took us down a dangerous path.
Its refreshing now to get players like Dawson and Lemina. Long may it continue
Hopefully more to come. It’s going to be hard to replace Neves & Moutinho their experience is invaluable atm

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Him and Lemina, 2 fantastic signings, and, whilst not wanting to over play things, could well be the reason why we stay up. It's not like recent signings have improved our scoring much but we're definitely way better defensively now - and it's not just their performances, its also their impact on other players like Sa, Kilman and Collins. In terms of bargains, (based upon performances to date) they must be up there with the best we've had under Fosun, especially the way they've settled in and performed from day 1...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was always jealous of him at West Brom. No idea why West Ham let him join us. Great CB

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was always jealous of him at West Brom. No idea why West Ham let him join us. Great CB

Consensus from West Ham fans was that he's been asking to move since last summer to be a bit closer to family (not sure where they are - Wiki says he was born in Rochdale so maybe that way), he thought he was leaving but then ended up staying for an extra six months, but really wanted to go at that point. So he wanted to leave, but purely for location rather than anything else it seems.

Seems happy here though and he's been brilliant so that'll do for us.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s Craig Dawson,
He’s Craig Dawson

One Craig Dawson,
He played for the ****e
But now he’s alright
Yep I agree the Dawson wonderland song is the one to go with

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is the defender that Cosdy thinks he is, but just isn't

Reaction score
Relying solely on what Jorge recommended took us down a dangerous path.
Its refreshing now to get players like Dawson and Lemina. Long may it continue
Dawson and Lemina brought with them Premier League experience . Nunes , Cunha and Sarabia didn't . The first two settled in straight away , the other three are taking far more time with fitness just being one of those reasons .

If there is a half decent player available with PL experience , then you're getting a ready made player for this league , rather than having to wait ages for them to settle in . They are more expensive - but what price is too expensive if said player is an instant hit .

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is the defender that Cosdy thinks he is, but just isn't
Sorry, but this is a laughable comment. Two, totally different players. Dawson more of a traditional CB, whereas Coady more of a sweeper. Different personalities with Coady more outgoing and exuberant off the field. Dawson more of a threat at corners.... The list goes on.
Wolves ****ed up big time when Shi/Lage/?? let Coady (and others) go as all personality and leadership was torn from the team. Luckily, Loppy has recognised this by bringing in Dawson and Lemina, but to compare Dawson and Coady is incorrect imo.

Back
Top Bottom