Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Wednesday Tango

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was a wolves fan and got banned for taking his top off every game. He couldn't bring himself to support a rival and adopted Wednesday had the closest big team he could support

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are well rid of him from the above.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
I think we are well rid of him from the above.
Me and my mate Glynn used to stand with Paul and his Mrs half way down the South Bank for 2/3 seasons up to I guess 84 and he was Wolves through and through. Never saw him take his top off. A true gentleman although he did like to jump the fence from time to time. Believe he went away with Wolves and Shed Weds turned up as their game cancelled and the rest is history. While on Grego does anyone remember Miller from those days ? Big bloke , boiler suite as used to come straight from work. 3 pies and 3 pints of mild before kick off, a true gentleman and a great character

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Was in front of us at Wembley at the the Slovakia game. Spent it walking up and down the aisles "encouraging" others to sing. Was a complete ****, glad he switched to Wednesday was a complete embarrassment.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't one of his mates get badly hurt in a crush or something, a Sheffield Wednesday fan, so he switched to Wednesday to take his mate to the games?

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
He used to go Doreen and May happy days lol but they weren't lol

R

reanswolf

Me and my mate Glynn used to stand with Paul and his Mrs half way down the South Bank for 2/3 seasons up to I guess 84 and he was Wolves through and through. Never saw him take his top off. A true gentleman although he did like to jump the fence from time to time. Believe he went away with Wolves and Shed Weds turned up as their game cancelled and the rest is history. While on Grego does anyone remember Miller from those days ? Big bloke , boiler suite as used to come straight from work. 3 pies and 3 pints of mild before kick off, a true gentleman and a great character
I think that may have been Barnsley away when Sheff Wed fans came to our game as there's was postponed.

I don't get what sort of person could just swap teams like that though??

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
I think that may have been Barnsley away when Sheff Wed fans came to our game as there's was postponed.

Cheers for reply Reans if I may call you that. He was a very special supporter which as we get older less people can understand. Bet he still looks the Wolves score up every game though.

R

reanswolf

Cheers for reply Reans if I may call you that. He was a very special supporter which as we get older less people can understand. Bet he still looks the Wolves score up every game though.
No worries at all, everyone here calls me Reans.
I still remember him and his mate ginge running across the pitch at Molineux waving a St Georges flag to antagonise Swansea fans, mid 80s.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, who gives a **** about that piece of blubby ****.

He doe have enough pedigree to be a Wolves fan.

Call him what you wish reans, but for me he was a bit of a character just like "Zigger Zagger" on the Boothen End at Stoke City.

These days, there's few (if any) stand out characters on the football terraces.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Call him what you wish reans, but for me he was a bit of a character just like "Zigger Zagger" on the Boothen End at Stoke City.

Used to be loads down the Wolves was part of the day out listening to these people. Wolvo must have been (not sure if still is) one of the most eccentric places to visit with the Tatton Sykes , George and the Exchange.

R

reanswolf

Yeah fair enough, that comment was said in jest months ago (November 2016).
Still don't get why he swapped us for Sheff Wed? You can't thereafter expect Wolves fans to think the world of him. Infact I can't respect or take seriously any one who just swaps teams half way through his adult life.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a wolves fan and got banned for taking his top off every game. He couldn't bring himself to support a rival and adopted Wednesday had the closest big team he could support
Says it all what a fraud!

Gazaza1973

Groupie
Reaction score

You're right about the Wednesday fans coming to our game at Barnsley it was 82/83 about 40-50 of them came in our end just before the game started and got run out, the old bill put them in the empty terrace to the left of the away end, there was rumours that Leeds fans were in with the Barnsley fans although the home fans did try to attack us at the final whistle so there could be some truth in that

Bromsgrove_Wolf

Reaction score
I don’t want to take this thread in a new direction, but as we’re discussing the ‘old days’- does anyone have any memories of Alan Floyd? He used to do most home (North Bank) and away matches in the 70s. He worked at East Worcestershire Water and came up from Bromsgrove. He died 10 years ago and my wife (his daughter) wanted to know if anyone had any memories/ stories. Thanks all

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Just a thought if England fail to qualify for the next Euros will he become a Welsh fan or a Jock?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a thought if England fail to qualify for the next Euros will he become a Welsh fan or a Jock?
A Jock, he's got a Rangers tattoo next to his Owls and England ones.
SP-CHAMP-READ-v-SHEFFW-DP-20150104411.jpg

Last edited:

ladywolf

Reaction score
Once got thrown out of a game with him years ago! (Separate incidents that happened at the same time). Very nice guy.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I've always found men taking their shirt off in public a bit disturbing, there are plenty of characters to be found but I would class a fat chap being shirtless as someone desperate for attention rather than being a character. Like the guys walking through town who have to whip their top off whenever the sun comes out in the summer, put it away you lunatics.

N

Northamptonwolf

After getting kicked out last year he did appear in better spirits this year!

Played up to the southbank well and fair play to him and the southbank at the end for some mutual respect

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seemed more bothered about trying to get the attention of the South Bank than watch the game yesterday, all very odd. And the Wednesday fans around him noticeably kept their distance

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There used to be an off licence on the corner of sandy lane and aldersley road run by an old couple and when I lived on lower street in the mid 90s I used to see him in there quite often on a Saturday night. I used to wear my wolves shirt back then (I was in my late teens so it was still acceptable) and he would alwAys strike up a conversation about how the days games had gone, usually turning the conversation onto some football violence he'd been involved in.
I always thought him a bit of an attention seeking, immature narcissist tbh and my gf at the time and me would usually take the **** out of him on the walk home.

Hey its still OK to wear a wolves shirt once you hit 20 and over :)

just saying

whats with this thing about not wearing shirts once your not a kid anymore?

Don't grow too old too fast I say: you're only here for a limited time!

D

Deleted member 4257

I was looking at the Wednesday fans around him yesterday and they do appear to be embarrassed by him.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, why did he swap clubs? Skimming through there seem to be various explanations proffered. Obviously, none of them justify swapping, it ought to be a capital offence, but I'm curious. And has he moved north or does he travel up from the Midlands?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seemed more bothered about trying to get the attention of the South Bank than watch the game yesterday, all very odd. And the Wednesday fans around him noticeably kept their distance
Just about to say exactly this! I could see him clearly from my vantage point in the Bully Upper and he spent the whole game with his arms outstretched taunting the South Bank. Why go to a football match and not watch the game????? And why take your shirt off - ****ing ****!

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On Wolves TV, they did a quick close-up of him gesticulating towards SB, which made sense of what SB was singing..

"you fat *******, you were one of our own"

Back
Top Bottom