Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Wednesday Tango

kinyo298

Reaction score
I see that the "shirtless Owls fan" is from Wolverhampton.Did he used to be a Wolves fan back in the day?I was just speaking to an Owls fan and he wondered the same? Many thanks in advance.

F

FLEET WOLF

I see that the "shirtless Owls fan" is from Wolverhampton.Did he used to be a Wolves fan back in the day?I was just speaking to an Owls fan and he wondered the same? Many thanks in advance.
Read about him before and I think he has always been a Wednesday fan, but can't remember why, perhaps some family connection?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he had always been an Owls fan. He was on Fantasy Football back in the 2000's (the Frank Skinner and David Baddiel TV show) and was introduced as 'Tango Man' and I remember him saying 'Wolves am gooin' up the Premier this yee-ar, ay they?' in the Choke Season. I think FS had to translate this for the rest of the audience.

R

reanswolf

Indeed, big Wolves fan back then, I remember him and a lad called Ginger running across the pitch towards Swansea fans on the old South Bank with a Union Jack.

Maybe he harboured secret feelings for Wednesday back then, but he certainly was a Wolves fan too.

D

Deleted member 4309

I'm sure he was a coach driver when I was a kid. He definitely lived near clairegate way.

W

wolvesultra

Got nicked at Molineux last season didn't he? Was definitely detained (down the side of the Steve Bull) for pitch encroachment. Isn't he on a ban then?

D

Deleted member 4456

I heard that his dad came from Sheffield. How true that is, I have no idea.

T

Truckawolf

Reans was that ginger from Bloxwich? I can remember him going to games but I can't remember tango

E

Essex Wolf

Not sure if this will help but there is a lad I know from the Blackheath area also known as Tango. Wolves supporter and never followed Wednesday. Maybe some are confusing him with the Wednesday one?

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tango was/still maybe, a coach driver for Hills coaches. He took us to Bolton several years ago and when a Notlob fan ran up the coach steps to offer us out, decked him with one punch. Having talked to him he is a decent sort. My mate reckons he was run out of Wolvo after a row with the subway but why he choose Wednesday we don't know ?

W

wolvesultra

Pretty sure they let him go.
They held him up in the corner of the Steve bull / Southbank till at least the end of the game (out of site of most) but was definitely handed over from stewards to police.

Sensible really would have been well ott to take it to prosecution but thats expected by WMP! Also cant help feel his relative "celebrity" status helped him. Id have definitely been on a charge and likely banned for that

Was good banter with him and that bird he was with (guessing his daughter) that day. 'hes gone for a pie' 'hes got a pie' etc

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I know exactly which road he used to live in in Aldersley.I have no idea if he still lives there

R

reanswolf

Not sure if this will help but there is a lad I know from the Blackheath area also known as Tango. Wolves supporter and never followed Wednesday. Maybe some are confusing him with the Wednesday one?
No confusion Essex mate, the Sheff Wed one was once also a Wolves fan.

T

Tamworth wolves

I remember another big fat bloke who used to go away games about 96/97, top off all game giving it loads. think he had ginger hair quite scruffy. I remember when we beat barnsley 3-1 at oakwell and he ran on the pitch when we scored the 3rd goal. Never seen him again after that.
I asked a friend a couple of years back about it and he thought it was tango but it wasn't

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There used to be an off licence on the corner of sandy lane and aldersley road run by an old couple and when I lived on lower street in the mid 90s I used to see him in there quite often on a Saturday night. I used to wear my wolves shirt back then (I was in my late teens so it was still acceptable) and he would alwAys strike up a conversation about how the days games had gone, usually turning the conversation onto some football violence he'd been involved in.
I always thought him a bit of an attention seeking, immature narcissist tbh and my gf at the time and me would usually take the **** out of him on the walk home.

Last edited:
P

pmiles1989

His Name is Paul Gregory. Used to live in Oxley. He was the transport manager for Hills (not sure if he still is). Was a family friend many years ago as he used to work for a steel firm that our family company used. Sure his roots go back to Sheffield hence why he supports Wednesday. He's loud and gets on ya bonce a bit but is a top fella. Like to see some off you say some of these things to his face instead on a forum.

"this is spades"

C

ChesterWolf

His Name is Paul Gregory. Used to live in Oxley. He was the transport manager for Hills (not sure if he still is). Was a family friend many years ago as he used to work for a steel firm that our family company used. Sure his roots go back to Sheffield hence why he supports Wednesday. He's loud and gets on ya bonce a bit but is a top fella. Like to see some off you say some of these things to his face instead on a forum.

"this is spades"

Ooohh dead hard.

D

Deleted member 4309

"this is spades"

Pmsl.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Didn't we have someone similar ,possibly in the late 90's or early noughties who was huge and topless in the Stan Cullis ?

Back
Top Bottom