Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield United Verdict Thread

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right about Rui .He really struggled to hit it to Doc 200 miles away in London :)
Which is why Doc was so surprised just walking down the street in London when this football hits him on the back of his head. :eek:

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think Vitanha was lost where was Traore for an hour?
He was great when moved up,but why on earth does he not learn to pass?
We all know we need a RWB and how that showed tonight,hopefully we will get one in in the next few days and what a difference it will make
Boly didnt know whether to stick or twist at times with Traore either stationary or too far away from his man,he is so immobile at times
Anyway enough of the negatives,overall great first half hour looked really sharp up front
Sheff Utd came back into it,or rather we let them, without looking that dangerous really,they are a bunch of Neanderthals arent they lol
They will be difficult to beat with their energy and clogging,but i can see them struggling this time round
Marcal looked steady,good in defence but not so much going forwards
Neto ran himself into the ground, will only get better as the season goes on, he is a player though
Podence electric first half faded a little after but again a real talent
Raul excellent throughout would have had 3 but for being too close when it came off the post and Traore not passing
Donk all over the pitch again looked knackered last 10 minutes
Saiss brilliant in defence and so unlucky not to get 2 goals MOTM
Coady martialled the back lines with his usual calm,Southgate were you watching?
Buur looked assured when he came on and we looked so much better moving Traore upfront
So performance wise 8/10 result wise 11 :)
Honestly, I think Traore just gave up trying to play as a wing back after 20 minutes which is poor. And he was more than a bit selfish when moved up front. I am not sure what goes on in his head sometimes when he just stops moving. For half a season he was a different player to the one who arrived but I think he has gone backwards in many ways since the lockdown. Not that he can't be as exciting as anyone out there but just the team element to his game has sagged again.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
Great result but if Nuno's vision of more dominance had been in evidence we would have gone on to win by 4 or more. Hopefully quality new additions will make that possible going forward. One thing is for sure we need a top RWB, Adama just cannot defend. I know it was his first game but I was not overly impressed by Marcal. Telles please Jeff and Jorge.
What on earth do you want for £1.5m, three Danny Batth's?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to give Traore some praise for his attitude. Even Stevie Wonder can see that he is not a wing back but whenever he is asked play anywhere or anyhow he goes and he does his best. i wonder if Nuno thinks if he keeps playing Traore as a RWB he will eventually become one?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but I also sadly thought that Donk's haircut made him look like Jim Carrey's character in dumb and dumber.

Great result though.
I was wondering what he reminded me of, thanks, now I've had 2 loffs at the Donk's expense and more to come until it grows out.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What on earth do you want for £1.5m, three Danny Batth's?

Marcal looked very neat and tidy. If we can find similar cover on the right we'll be fine given our wing options

He's no Roberto Carlos but who is? Didn't get forward much but Nuno clearly wanted a defensive player today

Clean sheet too. That'll do

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the movement and fluidity, changing positions at will in the first 30mins which Blades found hard to defend against.

MOTM was Saiss for me, great in defence and attack, on this form he doesn’t need upgrading just yet!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really thought we'd struggle tonight with lack of a preseason.

Surprised at the lack of universal praise for Raul tonight. He looked revitalised and sharp, head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. He's the reason Fabio didn't get his debut

So lucky to have him in our side.

Raul was razor-sharp and looked every inch a £70m striker tonight. Absolutely top-drawer.

Him and Saiss were the two outstanding performers on the pitch.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we should point out that Mike Dean was able to resist a classic Mike Dean moment... it may have killed him not too but he resisted, so fair play

And also we didn't talk about VAR once all game... until me just now

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Traore just gave up trying to play as a wing back after 20 minutes which is poor. And he was more than a bit selfish when moved up front. I am not sure what goes on in his head sometimes when he just stops moving. For half a season he was a different player to the one who arrived but I think he has gone backwards in many ways since the lockdown. Not that he can't be as exciting as anyone out there but just the team element to his game has sagged again.

Sounds like you already made your mind up about Adama tonight before watching the game. Surely you haven't come up with that analysis, and that opinion, on the same game I've just watched? He lost his runner once, and played two wayward passes, but other than that, absolutely fine and a threat going forward both from RWB and when he moved up front?

Gone backwards since the lockdown... nearly coughed up the cornflakes I've just shoved down my throat. Our only decent player in about 80% of the games post lockdown. Team element not there? Many times tonight he took players on to get us up the pitch then laid it off. Was selfish once when he worked hard to get to the edge of the box and had a shot like 99% of forwards would. [I know he had two shots from the edge of the box but one couldn't possibly deemed selfish...]

Last edited:

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic result and took me by complete surprise I have to admit. Would have happily taken a point before the game as I expected them to be much better prepared. Have to give our coaches great credit.
Only downside for me was no second half goal which continued my dreadful betting run. We certainly had chances to kill the game off. That said we generally defended well and I thought Saiss was superb today, Joao was calm and assured and Jimenez fantastic in the first half. Coady very good also. Boly and Traore did gift them possession too many times, but we controlled the game well overall.
Was very interesting to see Neto and Podence as a dual threat on the left at times which caused them problems.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can safely say that Durham’s prediction of relegation is probably not going to happen.

Sheffield United on the other hand might be in trouble.

They’re like a team of ex steel workers. All lost their jobs down t’mill, so set up a football team to pass the time and pay t’bills/CPS instalments.

Admirably British, but like playing a tribute to the Full Monty.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we can safely say that Durham’s prediction of relegation is probably not going to happen.

Sheffield United on the other hand might be in trouble.

They’re like a team of ex steel workers. All lost their jobs down t’mill, so set up a football team to pass the time and pay t’bills/CPS instalments.

Admirably British, but like playing a tribute to the Full Monty.

Adrian Durham? I've not heard him for years

Still a professional wum then by the sound of it

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great not to be talking about VAR after a game.
Class performance by Saïss and Jimenez especially. Good sound debut from Marcal who very much played LWB despite the many non-believers. Dug in well after the damage was done I the first 10 minutes.
Great start to the season. Surely we will get changes in RWB at the very least.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I drove past Bramall twice during the match tonight on my way to/from footy. Half considered trying to sneak in. Could hear Cody shouting from out Norfolk Park. Maybe.

Just watched the game back and some really good performances. It's already been said but we're one or two wing backs short of being a good team, although our midfield went missing again second half. Burr has to play instead of Adama at RWB though - he was awful there and far better when we switched formation. Hard to judge the the new signings. I thought Marcel was ok, not great and not bad. I don't think he's going to be as a attacking as we need but he showed he can do a job.

Two wing backs this week Wolves, RWB the priority.

MoM - Saiss (sorry Raul).

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like you already made your mind up about Adama tonight before watching the game. Surely you haven't come up with that analysis, and that opinion, on the same game I've just watched? He lost his runner once, and played two wayward passes, but other than that, absolutely fine and a threat going forward both from RWB and when he moved up front?

Gone backwards since the lockdown... nearly coughed up the cornflakes I've just shoved down my throat. Our only decent player in about 80% of the games post lockdown. Team element not there? Many times tonight he took players on to get us up the pitch then laid it off. Was selfish once when he worked hard to get to the edge of the box and had a shot like 99% of forwards would. [I know he had two shots from the edge of the box but one couldn't possibly deemed selfish...]

I have never particularly been a Traore knocker as such, if thats what you mean. Just think he has stopped moving off the ball again over the month or two of last season and tonight. At the end of last season I put it down to his shoulder problems but after half an hour or so he just stopped moving altogether as far as I could see when playing wing back. He was better when he moved forward but seemed like he was trying to make a point and ended up taking the wrong option a few times in my opinion.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m glad he’s got the confidence to be taking those shots on its something he’s been lacking.

D

Deleted member 5910

after one game the tables not looking bad Wolves 4th West Brom 20th
4eypzz.jpg

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was really pleased to see us come out quick from the blocks, think it took them by surprise and worked a treat with 2 quick early goals. I think that first 30 mins is the plan going forward, play more on the front foot. Thought Neto and Podence played well with Neto moving around the front positions and midfield well. Raul put in a top class performance and well taken goal. They pushed us back and pumped their long balls into the box but we dealt with them well. With more time to train with the whole squad to work on Nuno's ideas we could see some exciting football this season. Saiss was fantastic, has made that position his and loved his charge into the box to force a save from their keeper. 3 points on the board and a clean sheet to start the season away from home, couldnt of asked for more with the short prep time we had.

John Williams

Groupie
Reaction score
Traore's positioning is the big issue when he plays defensively. That dragged Boly out of position and that destabilised the whole defence, though Dendoncker covered to an extent.

you could see the rest of the defence shift when Buur came on. Traore was playing like he didn’t have a clue what was going on! It reminded me of the occasions somebody bought their mate (who they said could play, but was tactically inept) along when my team was short of a player. He looked lost, and having to be shown how to take a throw-in properly was priceless! Looked better up top, but I think being out wide flatters his decision making ability. In the centre he has too many options and looked more like the Adama of his first season. Looking forward to a quality right wing back and some great football this season.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a tremendous start! Some great performances tonight, especially chuffed for Saiss who I have supported through thick and thin, when idiot Lamberk wanted to get rid of him. Liked the look of the newcomers, and this already smells to me like it could be a very good season. We have good options in virtually all positions. We are a couple of players off being a team that will upset a lot of applecarts.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result but if Nuno's vision of more dominance had been in evidence we would have gone on to win by 4 or more. Hopefully quality new additions will make that possible going forward. One thing is for sure we need a top RWB, Adama just cannot defend. I know it was his first game but I was not overly impressed by Marcal. Telles please Jeff and Jorge.
Really, I thought marcal looked quality. He had buckets of class and was winning the ball and passing well. Apart from his mad yellow he looks very safe. In my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom