Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield United Verdict Thread

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Re Adama's inadequacies, there was 1 superb storming run he made through the middle, Raul was completely on his own to his right, but instead of passing into Raul's path, he chose to selfishly shoot for goal.
Needless to say this was dealt with and the chance to go 3 up and top the league, was lost.
I love Adama's contributions but he can be very frustrating at times. Hey Ho.
No worries though, as Nuno will have spotted this and work on the training ground will improve things.
When I looked at the replay on that thought a Sheff Utd player had positioned himself quite well to be able to cut out a lay off to Raul for him to shoot directly and Adama would have had to effectively done a pass more sideways that Raul would have to control first so thought it wasn’t such a bad decision to shoot iMo.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Adama's inadequacies, there was 1 superb storming run he made through the middle, Raul was completely on his own to his right, but instead of passing into Raul's path, he chose to selfishly shoot for goal.
Needless to say this was dealt with and the chance to go 3 up and top the league, was lost.
I love Adama's contributions but he can be very frustrating at times. Hey Ho.
No worries though, as Nuno will have spotted this and work on the training ground will improve things.
Hear you but I think Adama saw a movement from the SUFC player, anticipating a pass to Raul, a gap opened up and he went for the shot. I for one dont blame him for that. It wasn't a bad effort. It wasn't a gimme for Raul either. So 50 50 phone a friend.

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
Boly was average, but for most of the match had Traore in front of him who was limited defensively.
Still, a win's a win and a better start than many of us were predicting.
Definetly - certainly think we need a definitive RWB as Traore just isn't suited to playing that deep.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was to be critical for the sake of it...

The midfield starts to get a little overrun as the game goes on. I think it’s because we drop and defend too deep meaning the pitch gets bigger in the middle, the gap between the midfield and attack gets bigger and we end up defending and looking to break.

Ideally I would like to see us play on the front foot for longer periods of time and keep the ball, again, for longer periods of time.

To be fair, Nuno wants that too listening to his comments and I think the evolution isn’t complete just yet - hopefully more players in the door soon.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listened to Chris wilders post match comments why does he have a brummie accent? Always wondered

Back
Top Bottom