Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will 99% likely renew but I will mek 'em sweat and wait till the deadline. The fact they make more money if folks dont renew I'm sure hasn't escaped the bean counters.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have renewed. i think the club have been fair. where I am it works out at £39 per match. the away tickets are £30. its not cheap or easy for everyone but its no where near what they might have done.
I heard something the other day suggesting the away ticket subsidy will come to an end. I know it was for a set time. (3 years I think, renewed 3 years ago)

R

reanswolf

In 2013, the Bayern Munich President said this:

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

That's the biggest difference between us and England".

How right he is!
I watched the Frankfurt atmosphere v West ham, of course they have standing terraces, but their STs are £150.

Can u imagine our standing South Bank at £150 for a ST, it would be rammed full.

Reaction score
I will 99% likely renew but I will mek 'em sweat and wait till the deadline. The fact they make more money if folks dont renew I'm sure hasn't escaped the bean counters.
I do exactly the same, more than likely I will renew but I will make them wait for the money until the last minute - done it that way for years now.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Frankfurt atmosphere v West ham, of course they have standing terraces, but their STs are £150.

Can u imagine our standing South Bank at £150 for a ST, it would be rammed full.

To be fair ... the fans made them standing terraces as the teams were coming out ... :tearsofjoy:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's when a 50k stadium comes in, the real Wolves would be back then. We are being gentrified and losing our future fan base with the penny pinching.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confused
Daughter was Under 17 bracket
Birthday 1st Aug
Next bracket is 18 to 21, so which bracket will she be in lol

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I ask fellow mixer ST holders - if you wish to change your Stand or seat - how does the renewal process work?

I assume my renewal only relates to my current seat.

captain chaos

Groupie
Reaction score
Can I ask fellow mixer ST holders - if you wish to change your Stand or seat - how does the renewal process work?

I did this last year, you renew your current seat then there is a window for moving seats before any remaining season tickets are sold to the waiting list.

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score

Think you renew your current seat then you have a window to change your seat before they go on sale to those on waiting list …. Then they give you a refund if you move to a cheaper seat …. I presume you want to move from Steve Bull/Billy Wright to North/South Bank … and I think there’ll be many looking to do that (myself included)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
80% refund cash.
Is worth getting a season ticket for top 10, then sell tickets V Burnley, Brentford, Villa etc.. Also sell last 2 month of the season with nothing to play for. Bargain.
Do you know if there are any limits imposed on number of games sold back? I know I'll not be able to make night games which will seriously cut into the games I can make. Thanks.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the increase in charging me & you £500 or £600 will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on covering Wolves' costs.
So at what point does it have a bearing?
Any more of an increase and I’m betting your head would pop with rage. The club have done alright this year. Maybe it’s time you acknowledged it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If correct then still 17 at 31st July so presumably nlower bracket.
Still u17 at the start of 1st August? One for the lawyers!

12.7 To qualify for a concession ticket you must be under 12, under 17 or under 21 on the 1st
August 2021. To qualify as a senior citizen you must be aged 65 or over on 1st August 2021.
Applying as either concession for the first time will require proof of age. The purchase of an
under 12 junior Season Ticket/s must be in conjunction with the purchase of an
adult/senior/U21 Season Ticket.

Moseley Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting on the Q&A it says for AST Following discussions Wolves won’t be taking applications for new AST so assume this means as people don’t renew numbers will dip? Makes sense with the new allocation to ballot too….see attached.

Attachments

• CD81D50A-645D-4633-AD2D-246AF56428E4.jpeg
    CD81D50A-645D-4633-AD2D-246AF56428E4.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 30

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In 2013, the Bayern Munich President said this:

"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

That's the biggest difference between us and England".

How right he is!
And this to me still says it all. They charge what they can get away with. If you don't renew, someone will buy the ticket regardless, but it is peanuts in the scheme of things for income to the club. I think it is horrible how much the prices of everything has gone up recently....way more than wages. It stinks.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So at what point does it have a bearing?
Any more of an increase and I’m betting your head would pop with rage. The club have done alright this year. Maybe it’s time you acknowledged it.
It hardly has a bearing, we've just had a year without fans and our accounts were fine.

That's not me saying we should get in for free, but £20-30 a game would be fine, depending where you sit. That's more than enough for football IMO, whilst ensuring the club still get decent revenue.

Again, all clubs are like this, but just because they're greedy ****s doesn't mean we have to be.

This price rise will bring Wolves an extra £1m, when they earn £120m from TV, yet it's costing them some loyal supporters, as you can see from the comments here, but you're defending it. It's crazy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Renew and then, once all renewals are complete, the option to swap kicks in. Financial balancing (pay more/refund) at that point....

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Someone said the money raised from the increase will bring in around £1M-we will bring in twice that per finishing place

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It hardly has a bearing, we've just had a year without fans and our accounts were fine.

That's not me saying we should get in for free, but £20-30 a game would be fine, depending where you sit. That's more than enough for football IMO, whilst ensuring the club still get decent revenue.

Again, all clubs are like this, but just because they're greedy ****s doesn't mean we have to be.

This price rise will bring Wolves an extra £1m, when they earn £120m from TV, yet it's costing them some loyal supporters, as you can see from the comments here, but you're defending it. It's crazy.
I acknowledge Wolves are a commercial enterprise and increases are part and parcel of the business. My first season ticket was just under £250 in the BW upper in the mid nineties. Do I wish it was still £250? Of course I do. Is it realistic to expect Wolves to do that, of course not.
I’m sure you’ve had a season ticket longer than I have and must know by now they go up every year.
Although, I seem to remember the Pieman announcing a ST price freeze one season…?
But then didn’t he introduce a payment plan but only with a Wolves Credit Card?
My point being, it’s always happened. This year, the hike isn’t unnecessarily high and other peripheral costs have been scrapped.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone said the money raised from the increase will bring in around £1M-we will bring in twice that per finishing place
Child benefit brings in £20 a week, you can earn that with a couple of hours overtime even on minimum wage, still beneficial though isn’t it?

Not condoning increases particularly, just playing devils advocate.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any reason whatsoever for a 50p increase let alone anything else? Have we been 'having it too good' again having seen 18 goals at Molineux this season?

And don't give me squad investement crap. What will any price hike accumulate in regard to this? A few million at most. The sort of money transfer fees are negotiated over without a second thought.

It's sheer bloody greed just for the sake of it. And knowing simply that people think it's a badge of loyalty to pay and defend as such in the process.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I acknowledge Wolves are a commercial enterprise and increases are part and parcel of the business. My first season ticket was just under £250 in the BW upper in the mid nineties. Do I wish it was still £250? Of course I do. Is it realistic to expect Wolves to do that, of course not.
I’m sure you’ve had a season ticket longer than I have and must know by now they go up every year.
Although, I seem to remember the Pieman announcing a ST price freeze one season…?
But then didn’t he introduce a payment plan but only with a Wolves Credit Card?
My point being, it’s always happened. This year, the hike isn’t unnecessarily high and other peripheral costs have been scrapped.
I just looked back on your previous posts. Guess what, you defended the price rise last year when we were one of the ONLY to do it.

Now, you seem to be acknowledging that was 'unnecessarily high', yet you spent all that time defending it last year. How come?

So unfortunately your opinion on this is pointless. You proved last year that you will defend the club no matter what so it's no surprise you're doing it now.

You also seemed to think a rise in prices last year was needed to help improve the team. How did that work? Yet you're falling for it again.

Wolves making £1m extra from the fans is nothing to them in the bigger picture but it's costing us supporters. It's pure greedy and out of order. Again, virtually EVERY club is the same but this is a Wolves forum.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
It says on my email my ST price has been adjusted to take into account the refund , u sure u didn't request it at the time?
I was too late, wrote an email to complain, but didn't hear back. They've probably got a face on with me lol..

Thanks for the confirmation, sounds like I need to get in touch..

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news bout DD no charge & over 9 months , no more admin fees or print st home fees, and 80% of Yr money back in cash if u can't make a game
Those are all significantly better. Bout time, but still, nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom