Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Prices /Relocation/New STs

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Any reason whatsoever for a 50p increase let alone anything else? Have we been 'having it too good' again having seen 18 goals at Molineux this season?

And don't give me squad investement crap. What will any price hike accumulate in regard to this? A few million at most. The sort of money transfer fees are negotiated over without a second thought.

It's sheer bloody greed just for the sake of it. And knowing simply that people think it's a badge of loyalty to pay and defend as such in the process.
As I said earlier it will probably bring in £1M.We will get twice that per finishing place .

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said earlier it will probably bring in £1M.We will get twice that per finishing place .

Exactly. And they'll justify it by saying that other teams do the same. Well so what?

Someone already struggling to pay for their current ticket - An extra 50£ is a big deal. Yes, for some fans it won't matter a jot. Or wouldn't if they put it up another 500.

But what we're potentially losing in those fans for the sake of so little in advantageous return is appalling. And so short sighted.

So whilst some may not be affected this season or next, or maybe in 5-10 years. Whilst this sort of nonsense continues it catches up with most one way or another.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the Frankfurt atmosphere v West ham, of course they have standing terraces, but their STs are £150.

Can u imagine our standing South Bank at £150 for a ST, it would be rammed full.
There is really no need to have season tickets so expensive in England when you consider how much tv money they get. It's greed in my opinion.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this to me still says it all. They charge what they can get away with. If you don't renew, someone will buy the ticket regardless, but it is peanuts in the scheme of things for income to the club. I think it is horrible how much the prices of everything has gone up recently....way more than wages. It stinks.
100%. This is partly why I'm renewing, and know that I'll have to keep doing so every year regardless of price. If I don't, then I'm at the back of the queue :(

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't consider anything but profit in my opinion. I really don't think the fans deserve to pay an increase. I will reluctantly pay to renew my ticket, but I'm ashamed of our owners to be honest.
Ashamed?? Seriously??

Is this the same owners that have pumped in upwards of £150m of their money and turned us from a club who were looking over our shoulders at league one into a side that has finished in the top half of the PL 3 seasons in the last 4, delivered European football and for the first time in our lifetimes had us punching above our weight?

Maybe we can swap with the Albion's owner, he's just appointed Steve Bruce and frozen ST prices at £350 behind the goal to watch midtable Championship dross.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Exactly. And they'll justify it by saying that other teams do the same. Well so what?

Someone already struggling to pay for their current ticket - An extra 50£ is a big deal. Yes, for some fans it won't matter a jot. Or wouldn't if they put it up another 500.

But what we're potentially losing in those fans for the sake of so little in advantageous return is appalling. And so short sighted.

So whilst some may not be affected this season or next, or maybe in 5-10 years. Whilst this sort of nonsense continues it catches up with most one way or another.
Most fans are limited to their wages/salary /pension /savings to pay for their season tickets ,many of which are fixed .Wolves have placement money ,gate receipts ,season tickets ,merchandising, catering and corporate monies ,sponsorship , TV monies and Fosun monies to offset any potential increases .
In better economic times most fans would probably accept it but on top of everything else the juice is being well and truly squeezed dry .

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally

Totally disagree

Prices creep up. Wolves have been careful here

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've received my email renewal but it appears to be higher than reported in the Express & Star. I am in the BW upper centre. According to the paper it should be an additional £52 on top of £476 ( over 65). My renewal is more than the £528 total.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ashamed?? Seriously??

Is this the same owners that have pumped in upwards of £150m of their money and turned us from a club who were looking over our shoulders at league one into a side that has finished in the top half of the PL 3 seasons in the last 4, delivered European football and for the first time in our lifetimes had us punching above our weight?

Maybe we can swap with the Albion's owner, he's just appointed Steve Bruce and frozen ST prices at £350 behind the goal to watch midtable Championship dross.
Yes, ashamed. We're in the midst of a cost of living crisis in a city that's not exactly affluent at the best of times. The club are completely tone deaf when it comes to the fans.

Nige

Reaction score
No investment in the stadium and a waiting list For season tickets is the perfect combination to justify any price increase.. Fosun aren't stupid when it come to supply and demand.. Build a 50000 seater and you wont fill it. Keep what we have and is the answer we can charge what we want.
Now more than halfway through the 10 year plan and no better than we were first season back in the PL We are watching you Fosun...

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will renew but folk congratulating the club on “only” sticking 50 pound on season tickets amaze me.
Will be interested to compare ST costs behind goals at other mid table clubs in the next few weeks. Would imagine ours will be higher than everyone else as they were this season.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just looked back on your previous posts. Guess what, you defended the price rise last year when we were one of the ONLY to do it.

Now, you seem to be acknowledging that was 'unnecessarily high', yet you spent all that time defending it last year. How come?

So unfortunately your opinion on this is pointless. You proved last year that you will defend the club no matter what so it's no surprise you're doing it now.

You also seemed to think a rise in prices last year was needed to help improve the team. How did that work? Yet you're falling for it again.

Wolves making £1m extra from the fans is nothing to them in the bigger picture but it's costing us supporters. It's pure greedy and out of order. Again, virtually EVERY club is the same but this is a Wolves forum.
Wow! Just wow!

Nige

Reaction score
Ashamed?? Seriously??

Sorry but 150 million in the Premier league is nothing... Players sell for 100 million.. Its the same as me putting £15 quid in ... is finishing in our position considered success then ?? of course not. instead of mid table Championship Dross We watch mid table PL dross.. Fosun are halfway through a 10 year plan and we are no better than the first year we came back up. Fosun are clearly in it for themselves happy where we are as it provides them with a brand they can sell... They aren't interested in taking the next step.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but 150 million in the Premier league is nothing... Players sell for 100 million.. Its the same as me putting £15 quid in ... is finishing in our position considered success then ?? of course not. instead of mid table Championship Dross We watch mid table PL dross.. Fosun are halfway through a 10 year plan and we are no better than the first year we came back up. Fosun are clearly in it for themselves happy where we are as it provides them with a brand they can sell... They aren't interested in taking the next step.
How would you achieve the next step? Spend millions more, like Everton and Villa? Then they'll have to charge a helluva lot more on season tickets as a starter

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will renew but folk congratulating the club on “only” sticking 50 pound on season tickets amaze me.
Will be interested to compare ST costs behind goals at other mid table clubs in the next few weeks. Would imagine ours will be higher than everyone else as they were this season.
Holte End (middle sections) - £677
North Stand - £531

4CEF66A2-A420-415C-A3B6-1F537DD3A9DB.jpg

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My ST comes in at under the threshold I’d allowed myself to renew (£700), the coming season looks like it will be my last as a STH though assuming there is a further increase in 2023/24 (trend would suggest there will be).

Considering switching to NB from SBU to bring the cost down slightly, but will need to be in the back row as I can’t sit down during the match. Currently at the back of J9/10.

Let’s hope there’s some exciting signings to come to justify the latest increase!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you consider inflation at 10% I think we’ve got good value

The man on Twitter is right people do spunk money if they curbed drinking and gambling or smoking and drugs many would save a fortune

Each to their own of course but if it means we can get better players I don’t mind paying anything up to 850 over the next 5 years

Single man reveal myself lol

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ashamed?? Seriously??

That's a bit of a false narrative, £150m invested of which they'll see more than double that in return.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The man on Twitter is right people do spunk money if they curbed drinking and gambling or smoking and drugs many would save a fortune

Each to their own of course but if it means we can get better players I don’t mind paying anything up to 850 over the next 5 years

The price rise will accumulate just over a million pounds.

We get way over 100x that from TV revenue alone.

The belief that ST prices has some connection to squad recruitment is laughable.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In a world where I can get/apply for a standing season ticket at Bayern Munich for as low as 145 euros (as of nearest data I can find), I'm not sure where the value comes from.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The belief that ST prices has some connection to squad recruitment is laughable.
Exactly, every year people trot out this line that ticket prices will help buy better players, it’s absolute nonsense.

R

reanswolf

I detest posts like this I really do.
No bets, no fags, only drink a few at weekends at Wolves, buy my food at Aldi, have to buy some petrol.
I bet a few thousand do drop off unfortunately. Yes they will be replaced but it will eat away at the waiting list.
Bottom line is these disgraceful prices are losing the club fans. Many of these will be loyal supporters who additionally have to travel to matches and hence pay for also-increasing train fares and petrol.
You don't have to agree with me, but its how I feel.

R

reanswolf

Ashamed?? Seriously??

Albion have always had better prices than us, as far as I recall at least.
Whatever division they are in.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah a million pounds. Wolves are also a business they need to have more money. New players or not. Inflation is rising and do you not feel the prices have been generous to us fans? Are you renewing? What makes you so unhappy about the new prices?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just looked back on your previous posts. Guess what, you defended the price rise last year when we were one of the ONLY to do it.

Now, you seem to be acknowledging that was 'unnecessarily high', yet you spent all that time defending it last year. How come?

So unfortunately your opinion on this is pointless. You proved last year that you will defend the club no matter what so it's no surprise you're doing it now.

You also seemed to think a rise in prices last year was needed to help improve the team. How did that work? Yet you're falling for it again.

Wolves making £1m extra from the fans is nothing to them in the bigger picture but it's costing us supporters. It's pure greedy and out of order. Again, virtually EVERY club is the same but this is a Wolves forum.
So no one is entitled to change their mind, huh. Opinions are like AHs. We all have them... Doesn't mean that yours are right despite what you believe.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't consider anything but profit in my opinion. I really don't think the fans deserve to pay an increase. I will reluctantly pay to renew my ticket, but I'm ashamed of our owners to be honest.

Inflation at 10%
Wages sky rocketing
Prices of everything else up

Molmix surprised that tickets go up a little bit o_O

R

reanswolf

I would humbly suggest that the sort of people who spunk money on gambling, smoking and drinking in excess don't also buy football season tickets (of course there may be some). Sorry MEW, I think its a terribly condescending generalisation aimed at justifying the increase.

One good thing is keeping it affordable (just) for 18-21 year olds, but family men and women are majorly being priced out.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I detest posts like this I really do.
No bets, no fags, only drink a few at weekends at Wolves, buy my food at Aldi, have to buy some petrol.
I bet a few thousand do drop off unfortunately. Yes they will be replaced but it will eat away at the waiting list.
Bottom line is these disgraceful prices are losing the club fans. Many of these will be loyal supporters who additionally have to travel to matches and hence pay for also-increasing train fares and petrol.
You don't have to agree with me, but its how I feel.
No absolutely fair comments. I dropped that tweet in as of course this is a forum and there are lots of varying opinions especially on a topic like this one. I agree with small parts of what he is saying but also from your side as well. The club has to find the balance really and I think there has at least been some good initiatives this year with the ballot, removing the £20 and also extending DD. Doesn't make them saints though, I agree

Back
Top Bottom