Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Scott Sellars discuss .....

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got the best team and the best youth team we've had in decades. Success has many fathers but he seems alright by me.
Yep we have the best team that hasn't won a match for how long? It doesn't matter how good they are it is about how well they play and are they getting better or worse.
As for the youth team how many players have progressed to play for the first team? Even MGW had to move away to be coached by another team boss to find some form. We dont play them.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep we have the best team that hasn't won a match for how long? It doesn't matter how good they are it is about how well they play and are they getting better or worse.
As for the youth team how many players have progressed to play for the first team? Even MGW had to move away to be coached by another team boss to find some form. We dont play them.
The results don’t show it but we are playing better than last year. ……somewhat and in some areas.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The results don’t show it but we are playing better than last year. ……somewhat and in some areas.
I totally agree with the last bit of that. We are chalk and cheese during a match. We show class and then play as if it is a pub match.
To misquote Eric Morecombe..............We are doing all the right things but not in the right order. :D

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
I think we've had a great transfer window and the early signs for the season are good, despite the results. The one thing we've lacked is someone in front of goal to stick the ball in the net and they've moved to address that in the last 48 hours.

MGW could have stayed this season and started games but chose not to. He started regularly in pre-season. He was being played.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
We wouldn’t have our team if it wasn’t for Mendes.
But that doesn't mean that we should be complaining about Sellars, as many are keen to do.

He might be absolutely terrible at his job but I haven't seen any evidence of it.

Broadly speaking Fosun have put good people in place since their arrival and seem to be no mugs. I don't think he'd have lasted so long if he was as poor as some are suggesting.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that doesn't mean that we should be complaining about Sellars, as many are keen to do.

He might be absolutely terrible at his job but I haven't seen any evidence of it.

Broadly speaking Fosun have put good people in place since their arrival and seem to be no mugs. I don't think he'd have lasted so long if he was as poor as some are suggesting.
To be fair I think they have moved on. Bruno is this week's villain. Scott and Jeff need to wait their turn. I'm sure there will soon be a theory around how they are to blame, but I think the revival of the thread is a bit premature.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we've had a great transfer window and the early signs for the season are good, despite the results. The one thing we've lacked is someone in front of goal to stick the ball in the net and they've moved to address that in the last 48 hours.

MGW could have stayed this season and started games but chose not to. He started regularly in pre-season. He was being played.
He chose not to? Could you tell me how he could engineer a move to Forest within the rules. Whether you like him or not this move was was down to Wolves not him. If Wolves had every intention of playing him after the signings they made he would still be here. Most people in any organisation know whether they are valued or not.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really how many organisations would have seen the decline that we have witnessed over the last three or so years. Shi and Sellars are supposed to be the architects of running tis club and the buck should stop there. The only thing that surprises me is that Fosun have kept them running us.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. Personally though for some time I have felt that there is not the harmony that should be here and that there is like a Mendes influence and a Thelwell/Sellars one.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
He chose not to? Could you tell me how he could engineer a move to Forest within the rules. Whether you like him or not this move was was down to Wolves not him. If Wolves had every intention of playing him after the signings they made he would still be here. Most people in any organisation know whether they are valued or not.
He was offered a new contract and didn't sign it. The club sensibly cashed in.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
Really how many organisations would have seen the decline that we have witnessed over the last three or so years. Shi and Sellars are supposed to be the architects of running tis club and the buck should stop there. The only thing that surprises me is that Fosun have kept them running us.
What imagined decline?? Our youth team is the best it's been in decades and after a stale second half to last season, we've just strengthened massively.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, (assuming we land Boubacar) the heat is off Jeff and Scott and well and truly on Bruno... Over to him to make this squad click (fingers crossed)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What imagined decline?? Our youth team is the best it's been in decades and after a stale second half to last season, we've just strengthened massively.
Oops my bad on this one. I was judging it by the first team. Silly me. Although I have noticed how many players have come through the youth teams and are playing regularly in the first team.
I would be very interested to see you put up a stronger and realistic view.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
True. Personally though for some time I have felt that there is not the harmony that should be here and that there is like a Mendes influence and a Thelwell/Sellars one.
The late great Brian Clough once said " agents will kill football" and he was not wrong on much,

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What assumption? He was offered a new contract and didn't sign it.

Re: the youth team, last season they got promoted and reached the semi-final of the FA Youth Cup.

That is a success and reflects well on those in charge.
So answer a simple question yes or no. If you were offered a contract by your employer that you didn't like would you sign it?

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
So answer a simple question yes or no. If you were offered a contract by your employer that you didn't like would you sign it?
You're making the assumption here that he didn't like the terms.

But then here you mention that he moved to be coached by another coach.

Are you just looking for reasons to blame the club?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're making the assumption here that he didn't like the terms.

But then here you mention that he moved to be coached by another coach.

Are you just looking for reasons to blame the club?
Funny I notice you didn't answer the question. I wonder why that is?

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A new partner is a refreshing change...and often brings the best out of oneself. Especially on a Saturday night ...lol

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only thing Cloughie got wrong in a big way was not managing us. :D
oops except for Brighton and iirc that was because he had departed from Taylor. And dont mention Leeds.
Also, The best England International manager that never was, shame on the FA old school tie days,

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely but what was our excuse.
not sure to that, perhaps we were scared of his straight talking,
We had the chance of Sir Alex as well.
this is the same club that sacked a manager who won 3 titles, a FA Cup and never got out of the top 6.in 10 years, after he had a heart attack, then unbelievably name a stand after his assassinator.
at Forest and Derby he made average footballers believe they could win everything as a team,
at Leeds the likes of Billy Bremner, Giles, etc were never going to play for him and Taylor,

Only at the WOLVES Aye,

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not sure to that, perhaps we were scared of his straight talking,
We had the chance of Sir Alex as well.
this is the same club that sacked a manager who won 3 titles, a FA Cup and never got out of the top 6.in 10 years, after he had a heart attack, then unbelievably name a stand after his assassinator.
at Forest and Derby he made average footballers believe they could win everything as a team,
at Leeds the likes of Billy Bremner, Giles, etc were never going to play for him and Taylor,

Only at the WOLVES Aye,
I thought it was Fergie who turned us down.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so what?…….he’s a huge agent. So he helps a lot of clubs and players.
Thats his job.

Mind you, let’s remember that it’s Jeff who signs the cheques…..not Mendes Its Jeff who forged this team.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW didn’t have to go. Wolves couldn’t make him go.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re surprised that Fosun kept Jeff and Sellars after they finished 10th?
Really?

what about if they’d finished 9th?………or 8th?

when would you have let them stay or go?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny I notice you didn't answer the question. I wonder why that is?
You’re implying or assuming that he didn’t like the contract but you don’t know if that’s true but yet you accuse @Paddy Wolf of assuming.
You can’t have it both ways.

“”No Paddy I cant which is why I have not made the assumption as you have..

bottom line is…..for whatever reason, MGW didn’t sign and so Wolves AND MGW decided to part ways.

Back
Top Bottom