Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Scott Sellars discuss .....

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Scott and the committee are doing a brilliant job. I do not understand any of the critics.
Yes it would be nice to finish one or two places higher and in securing the signing of one or two, perhaps we could. But why risk £20m or so on the clubs future in doing so?
Spot on just sign everyone up for life long contracts then we don’t have to change anything.

Sampford Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It depends on what his remit is, and, although we have a fair idea, none of us know for sure exactly what it is.

Also, why do so many on here associate spending money with the standard of D of F. If Fosun changed policy and spent £100m would that make Sellars better at his job.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It depends on what his remit is, and, although we have a fair idea, none of us know for sure exactly what it is.

Also, why do so many on here associate spending money with the standard of D of F. If Fosun changed policy and spent £100m would that make Sellars better at his job.
A fair point. People have the same debate with managers don’t they. “Yeah Pep is brilliant but would he be as good at a club with less resources?”

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wishing to start any debates etc but has anyone noticed he has said nothing about transfers in and out of the club recently? I was expecting he would make comments on MGW departure today but it was Jeff Shi. Is he even still at the club?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not wishing to start any debates etc but has anyone noticed he has said nothing about transfers in and out of the club recently? I was expecting he would make comments on MGW departure today but it was Jeff Shi. Is he even still at the club?
Picked up on that too. I'd be surprised if he remains/is still there.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard for the past 12 days he has been locked up in the broom cupboard at Compton, they have told him the fire brigade will get there as soon as they can due to staffing issues, in the meantime he gets a Dominos pizza slid under the door at 6pm every day.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably busy negotiations with more Manchester City youth team cast offs

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hoever was one of his. A last straw if it was IMO

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lots of people have noticed, it's been repeatedly mentioned on here.

Perhaps Jeff wants the credit when it's giving a good message. Perhaps SS is fed up of some of the unfair flak he's received so wants to be less public facing. Or perhaps he's been sidelined.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fair point. People have the same debate with managers don’t they. “Yeah Pep is brilliant but would he be as good at a club with less resources?”
Good managers and good DOFs go to companies with good players . So you cant separate the two.

What we needed at Wolves is someone , Sellars, capable of looking at a team identifying weaknesses and informing Shi .

How on unearth we spent money but ended up with a completely unbalanced squad has to be down to Sellars IMO .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps Jeff wants the credit when it's giving a good message. Perhaps SS is fed up of some of the unfair flak he's received so wants to be less public facing. Or perhaps he's been sidelined.

To be honest I havent seen it repeatedly mentioned on here but bow to your superior knowledge.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I havent seen it repeatedly mentioned on here but bow to your superior knowledge.

?? No need to bow - you asked two questions, and I replied to both!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Here is your chance to be fair ................... name his successes .

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is your chance to be fair ................... name his successes .

What? I didn't say he's great, I said I think they are the 3 options for what's going on.

It's very hard for anyone outside the club to judge his effectiveness, as we don't have much visibility of what he's doing, and which bits he is responsible for compared to Jeff working directly with Mendes. And on topics where I don't think I can make a safe judgement, I tend to keep quiet so I don't say something ill-informed.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was at the Fosun gathering at the weekend - in a suit rather than his oversized coat.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I bet Jorge will only deal with Jeff, the decision-maker, so you won't see Scott in any of the big deals. Bit of a David Brent kinda role, when the decisions are to be made, the big guns from Head Office pitch up.

Reactions: Ian

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What? I didn't say he's great, I said I think they are the 3 options for what's going on.

It's very hard for anyone outside the club to judge his effectiveness, as we don't have much visibility of what he's doing, and which bits he is responsible for compared to Jeff working directly with Mendes. And on topics where I don't think I can make a safe judgement, I tend to keep quiet so I don't say something ill-informed.
If we watch Wolves on the pitch we should see where the top football man in the club is (or is not having) a beneficial effect ? And able to post opinions on him .

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You watch Wolves and you cant see where the top football man in the club is (or is not having) an effect ?
But you have commented on posters treating him unfairly .
Its all laid out on the pitch. And he has spoken of his role at round table meetings.

You read Molineux Mix and can't see that a lot of posters make sweeping statements about subjects they don't know much about?

Let's take what people slate him for the most - the Traore deal. Did he make this deal? Was it his idea? Or did Mendes ring Jeff and sort it out, presumably getting input from SS and Lage about how much Traore would be missed for 4 months? I don't know, but maybe you do.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we watch Wolves on the pitch we should see where the top football man in the club is (or is not having) a beneficial effect ? And able to post opinions on him .
They could be wrong ( or right ), opinions, though, couldn’t they?
We don’t have enough info to judge him accurately. And Sellars has to work within Shi’s transfer budget.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t have enough info to judge him accurately. And Sellars has to work within Shi’s transfer budget.
His failure to produce any decent academy talent at Man City or numbers in the England age groups from that to feed a production line with all the money he was given to spend that led to his sacking is good enough data for me that he is not very competent in any position he has had at the club apart from being a good academy coach and that isn’t a slight as those people are very important.

When he leaves us, I doubt he gets as good a job or works with another prem club.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His failure to produce any decent academy talent at Man City or numbers in the England age groups from that to feed a production line with all the money he was given to spend that led to his sacking is good enough data for me that he is not very competent in any position he has had at the club apart from being a good academy coach and that isn’t a slight as those people are very important.

When he leaves us, I doubt he gets as good a job or works with another prem club.
Good points but maybe it’s not a good idea of comparing his role at City with his role with Wolves. He may have a similar roles now but not exactly the same or budget. Might even be less responsiblities.
Basically, we don’t know what he and Jeff agreed on when he was hired so we can’t accurately judge.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Firstly, that's not really "data", or if it is, the sample size is too small. Even if you're looking at the number of players brought through, it's notoriously difficult to analyze that, given how rarely even the best clubs bring through a first team talent.

But does that mean you'd review your position if presented with new data?

Scott Sellars has left Manchester City by mutual consent with the head of academy coaching having turned down an expanded role within the club's youth set-up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, that's not really "data", or if it is, the sample size is too small. Even if you're looking at the number of players brought through, it's notoriously difficult to analyze that, given how rarely even the best clubs bring through a first team talent.

But does that mean you'd review your position if presented with new data?
Re your last sentence……didn’t know that. Interesting.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong ,Sellars is in my opinion just the youth coach.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You read Molineux Mix and can't see that a lot of posters make sweeping statements about subjects they don't know much about?

Let's take what people slate him for the most - the Traore deal. Did he make this deal? Was it his idea? Or did Mendes ring Jeff and sort it out, presumably getting input from SS and Lage about how much Traore would be missed for 4 months? I don't know, but maybe you do.
To be fair he is just the youth coach . We move on. He is not worth discussing he has little influence.

Back
Top Bottom