Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he hasn't been quite as good in the last few appearances but my God if we binned off every attacker who'd had a few bad games for us over the last few years we'd have none left. Raul didn't score all last season, Hwang was awful and didn't score FOR A YEAR, Costa scored one goal and it was a shinner, Cunha took 8 games to score, Neto looked rubbish last season. The list goes on.

A game and a half of minutes and 2 goals, and now he can't get a game and we're looking to move him on. So odd.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but cutting loose a striker with two goals in sod all time and most of it being off the bench isn’t to be sniffed at!!!!

Bloody joke we are letting him go, if that is the plan!!!

Honestly I don’t see the sense….. especially as the lad is settled and happy and looks to have a tidy all round game which for such an injury and little time to show that in the prem is bloody impressive!!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but cutting loose a striker with two goals in sod all time and most of it being off the bench isn’t to be sniffed at!!!!

Honestly I don’t see the sense….. especially as the lad is settled and happy and looks to have a tidy all round game which for such an injury and little time to show that in the prem is bloody impressive!!!
He doesn’t fit the way we play according to O Neil? Well how about a Plan B Gary as you never bloody seem to have one.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a good job he helped Gary at Everton and Bournemouth....

He is like Janet Jackson….

“What have you done for me lately?”

Played not great mins league and cup
And has goals in both…

What more do you want from a striker that you can bring off the bench????

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be this idea going around that Kalajdzic is crap in the air. I've seen him score goals with his head. He's fine. He has a good first touch and is a good finisher. The one quality he lacks is pace. If you get him in the box and get players around him he is an asset. O'Neil has said he wants his Wolves team to be good at everything and not just one thing like some teams. I don't see why he can't find a way to use Kalajdzic if the situation is right.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn’t fit the way we play according to O Neil? Well how about a Plan B Gary as you never bloody seem to have one.
I’m not always sure what plan A is atm tbf, but Sasa surely has to be considered as an alternative to the ‘plan?’ I wouldn’t be writing him off yet. Look how long it took Neto to get back to being a dangerous attacker brimming with confidence.
Seems a bit senseless if true. Silva, fair enough; he’s obviously not yet shown enough to any of our head coaches to convince them that he’s got what it takes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva - had enough chances, just hasn’t worked out for him here especially this season. Will be moved on for his own good too hopefully get over 10m or some players in return for him.

Sasa - strange one. I like him offers us something different. The manager clearly doesn’t rate him very highly. Shame but it is what it is. Hopefully we get our money back on him.

Ultimately if the manager doesn’t rate them. He wants to bring in his own players then great.

Get the feeling we could see a shuffle of the pack in January.

Rumours Sa may leave. Add Jordao, Jonny, Fabio, Sasa

Mosquera available from January 1st

Good luck to both of them.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be this idea going around that Kalajdzic is crap in the air. I've seen him score goals with his head. He's fine. He has a good first touch and is a good finisher. The one quality he lacks is pace. If you get him in the box and get players around him he is an asset. O'Neil has said he wants his Wolves team to be good at everything and not just one thing like some teams. I don't see why he can't find a way to use Kalajdzic if the situation is right.
I remember watching the highlights video before we signed him, and it seemed to me like half the goals he scored on it were headers. I get a Peter Crouch sense from him. He wants to get it down and play on the deck, but go on then, I'll pop one in off the melon if the ball's put in the box.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get young Fabio a loan to southern Europe to shine

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Poor decision not to give them a run out on Sunday, even if only to rest Cunha and Hwang when the game had gone. Shows bad man management and hardly creates a team/pack mentality when they also only got 1 minute between them v Forest and Burnley when we needed a second goal. Personally I thought it was even worse at Luton when we needed to hold the ball up and they were forced to watch from the side as Traore and a worn out Neto took it in turns to lead the line.

loppers86

Reaction score
I just don’t understand why we haven’t tried to find a way to make Sasa work for us?

He’s obviously a good player, and he is coming back from a bad injury. His record so far is promising despite largely being used as a last throw of the dice.

I believe a good manager should look to get the best out of the resources already available rather than immediately bringing in more.

I’m disappointed in GON that he can’t find an alternative way of playing that would make use of Sasa’s talents - having a plan B that’s not ‘damage limitation’ is common sense.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see Saza interesting Stuggart if Serhou Guirassey inevitably leaves ....night be a case of if we get a offer take it as we might be concerned about his chances for long term fitness ..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why we haven’t tried to find a way to make Sasa work for us?

He’s obviously a good player, and he is coming back from a bad injury. His record so far is promising despite largely being used as a last throw of the dice.

I believe a good manager should look to get the best out of the resources already available rather than immediately bringing in more.

I’m disappointed in GON that he can’t find an alternative way of playing that would make use of Sasa’s talents - having a plan B that’s not ‘damage limitation’ is common sense.
This is fair. There seems to be absolutely zero thought or consideration as to how we are going to play with him on the pitch, it's always the last throw of the dice where he's probably just been told to make a nuisance of himself. In the one league start he has had (Sheff Utd away) I don't think we changed how we play to accommodate him at all. At least give us an alternate system that includes a number 9 to play off.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both being offloaded in January. Don't think Sasa has been given a chance tbh

Neither have really. 400 minutes between them. Are we going to give their replacement the same 'chance'? Makes it more baffling when you consider our top scorer didn't score for a year but kept getting game time and chances. Also worth remembering Hwang was on the bench for 3 of our first 4 games, and now plays every single minute, which shows what a goal can do. But can't really do anything from the bench.

This is fair. There seems to be absolutely zero thought or consideration as to how we are going to play with him on the pitch, it's always the last throw of the dice where he's probably just been told to make a nuisance of himself. In the one league start he has had (Sheff Utd away) I don't think we changed how we play to accommodate him at all. At least give us an alternate system that includes a number 9 to play off.

Sasa would have scored in that game if he'd given RAN a shout too, then it'd be 3 goals in 130 minutes and we'd probably have won the game. We were pretty dominant that half, probably the best we've played away in a half away this season, albeit against rubbish. But hardly reason to think Sasa won't work for us.

Reactions: Ned

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thought the two of them looked good when they played together in pre-season, particularly the game against Luton with Nunes and Hwang buzzing around them.

Thought Fabio played well against Brighton and Everton (had goals disallowed in both and should have scored from the one on ones). Had a stinker against Palace (as did Cunha) and hasn’t really been seen since.

In Neto’s absence, would have been interesting to see them and Cunha together in a 3-4-2-1. Difficult to drop Hwang though given his goal record this year.

Anyway, don’t think either has really had a fair crack here (as much victims of circumstance as anything else) and reckon they will both go on to have decent careers elsewhere.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Fabio and Sasa so be it, but what I dont get is why you wouldnt bring one of them on towards the end of a game, especially if we're chasing.

Seems a no brainer to me, especially with Fabio. If by some miracle Fabio scores a worldie his value goes up, and if he doesn't what's lost ?

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Fabio and Sasa so be it, but what I dont get is why you wouldnt give them a bit of game time towards the end, especially if we're chasing.

Seems a no brainer to me, especially with Fabio. If by some miracle Fabio scored a worldie his value would go up, and if he doesn't what's lost ?

All strikers need is a goal and it can change the entire trajectory of their career. Say Silva came on, scored a good goal. Comes on a bit earlier against Chelsea and scores again. Then it's a totally different conversation.

Totally hypothetical of course but I genuinely believe if Fabio had scored one or both of his chances v Brighton and Everton his career would have gone a different way.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Sasa to leave on loan - build up match fitness etc with a recall option.

Fabio to leave on a permanent or loan with option/obligation to buy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa to leave on loan - build up match fitness etc with a recall option.

Fabio to leave on a permanent or loan with option/obligation to buy.
No such thing as a recall option, at least outside the transfer windows, now. If Sasa goes in January he's gone until the summer at a minimum.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For Sasa to work he needs someone to play off him

Which we can only do if we play 4 atb.

THerefore, i'd prioritise buying a CB to allow us to play with a back 4

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interest in sasa from England and Germany.

His agent isn’t wrong….. without sasa’s two goals we are very close to the drop…..

GON repaying the favour in kind to a player who has delivered when it really mattered…… hahaha

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe O'Neil doesn't want to play him, in case he scores more crucial late goals? Perhaps the decision has been made based on serious injury concerns?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But he is a bit rubbish though. We should never have bought him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he is a bit rubbish though. We should never have bought him.

He is technically very tidy, good control and has a good pass on him. Can score a range of goals with his head and feet, including chips and neat cool composed finishes.

The issue with him is injuries, not quality as he is a very good striker

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His agent isn’t wrong….. without sasa’s two goals we are very close to the drop…..

GON repaying the favour in kind to a player who has delivered when it really mattered…… hahaha
Agree with this.

I think it’s a huge mistake to let him go. End of season fair enough but not in January. Madness.

Back
Top Bottom