Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually think both have got something that would help in unlocking defences if our intention was to dominate possession and sit in the opponents half for long periods.

But that isn't how GON wants to play- he wants to play 10 behind the ball and hit them on the break.

And if he has the ball for long periods, as West Ham gave us today, he has got no plan. To be fair, we did the same to Burnley, and Kompany had no answers either.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can get 10m for Sasa and loan fabio off somewhere where he's likely to score a few and get himself in the shop window, where we can recoup at least half the 35m we spunked, then we need to soon as a priority come 1st Jan.
I'd take 10-15m for each of them. Would rather sell Fabio than loan him again, I really did want it to work but it's clear that it won't. I just want a definitive end to it now, best for all parties.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva's never good enough for the Premier League in a month of Sundays so it's not much surprise that he's been dumped, but Sasa would be a decent option to use at times. Today was especially baffling as we kept trying to fling in crosses with no attacker up there in our team able to head a football, while Sasa sat on the bench.

It's especially odd given that Sasa has already done more than anyone else bar Neto and Hwang to give GON some breathing space here with his two winning goals.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not even a debate of whether Sasa or Fabio are good enough. At 3-0 down the game was dead and our two top scorers should have been rested with future fixtures in mind.

The irony is that if either of Cunha or Hwang got injured, or get injured, then Sasa or Silva are going to have to play and won't be sold.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone needs to ask O'Neil why on earth these two aren't getting any minutes at all even if he doesn't rate them that highly no excuse not to be bringing them in certain games we are chasing like today for example?!

Also for all the talk of Jonny and the training ground spat surely these two players won't be happy with how they are being treated? O'Neil needs to be careful we don't end up with to many unhappy players around the place.
It's quite simple why.
I was at the Ipswich game.
Sasa started..useless
Can't even win a header..or hold it up..or run .
Silva came on as sub , even worse
That's why they aren't getting game time

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if it's just to rest our two top scorers for 20 minutes in a dead game. Like what possible logic could there be for keeping Hwang and Cunha on at 3-0 down?
In the hope of scoring some goals???

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To not bring either of them on given how poorly Hwang was playing is an absolute insult to be honest. Fabio I kind of get if they’ve decided he’s going to be moved on, but Sasa has won us some really important points this season and is being treated extremely unfairly imo.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To not bring either of them on given how poorly Hwang was playing is an absolute insult to be honest. Fabio I kind of get if they’ve decided he’s going to be moved on, but Sasa has won us some really important points this season and is being treated extremely unfairly imo.
Yep, I'd be looking to get a move out of here in January if I was Sasa.

It's not like we were creating anything either, we were crap yesterday, as we were against Forest. Also didn't create anything Vs Burnley aside from the goal.

Perhaps going a bit more direct and having a focal point in the box would actually help a little but GON seems particularly rigid in his thinking and unable to adapt if plan A doesn't go well.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Protecting the January sales ?
I half wonder if this is what’s happening with Sa. The injury against Arsenal looked innocuous and then yesterday it was sickness/woke up with a bad shoulder from what I’ve read (happy to be corrected).

This is a guy that apparently played with a broken wrist.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio couldn’t have been worse than what was on offer from Hwang and Sarabia yesterday, at least he would have looked to get in behind them.

Sasa will never be any good for us until we buy pace at the back so we can push up and play further up the pitch.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio couldn’t have been worse than what was on offer from Hwang and Sarabia yesterday, at least he would have looked to get in behind them.

Sasa will never be any good for us until we buy pace at the back so we can push up and play further up the pitch.
Hwang and Sarabia and Cunha are streets better than Fabio . I would never play Silva over those three .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sasa doesnt fit the system for Gon, was bought for lage and is not the player gon needs to play cunha in a floating 10

Fabio was suppose to shine, was impressing in training and hence why he started in the first couple of games under gon and got the number 9

since then a bad refereeing decision and general attitude has shown him with zero confidence and for him zero quality. when needed

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
the worse part for me is that we seem to have a plan to cross balls into the box to players who play further back and are rarely in the box, Sasa would at least be in the box, as would to a lesser extent silva.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
the worse part for me is that we seem to have a plan to cross balls into the box to players who play further back and are rarely in the box, Sasa would at least be in the box, as would to a lesser extent silva.
also regarding silva, his movement early in the season would definitely benefit Sarabia who is always looking for those runs that never seem to happen from others.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
also regarding silva, his movement early in the season would definitely benefit Sarabia who is always looking for those runs that never seem to happen from others.
completely agree that silva would benefit from sarabia play now hes made it into the team, who drops out for neto is the one i will be interested in

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a tough one with the lads who are starting at the moment - they can have games where they are anonymous but are contributing regularly with goals. Hwang even moreso in this respect as unless he's scoring he does seem to offer very little - it probably doesn't help him where he's asked to occupy a wider position, whereas Cunha can contribute more to the overall performance when he's on it.

Sadly I don't think Fabio is the answer as - even taking into account his age and inexperience - he looks massively out of his depth.

Sasa has of course contributed with a couple of key winners from the bench this season and definitely proposes a different problem for the opposition, but he doesn't look anywhere near mobile enough to start at the moment.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang and Sarabia and Cunha are streets better than Fabio . I would never play Silva over those three .
I meant bring him on as a sub for one of them yesterday. I wouldn’t have started him either but the forward 3 wasn’t happening yesterday.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant bring him on as a sub for one of them yesterday. I wouldn’t have started him either but the forward 3 wasn’t happening yesterday.

Yeah, nobody is arguing Silva should be starting but there were no negatives to giving him and Sasa some game time yesterday. I personally feel if you've lost 3-0 and haven't used all your subs then you've done something wrong.

Wish a journalist had asked GON about this because I'd love to have heard his logic and reasoning.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok but remember the last time he came on . More of a liability.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah could have lost us the game if he'd come on after 70 minutes yesterday.

Oh.
I can see that point , but you have to take a player off . Who would that be ?

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see that point , but you have to take a player off . Who would that be ?

Hwang, who didn't touch for the ball for about 20 minutes from the 70th minute and has played every minute in recent weeks, or Cunha, our best player. Ideally both. We'd lost the game and there was no point risking these players with a tough schedule ahead.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fabio probably moves out of his allocated zone too often…….

Or looks makes a run that causes GON to lose his mind as it wasn’t shown on the diagram in his FA coaching manual…..

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva's never good enough for the Premier League in a month of Sundays so it's not much surprise that he's been dumped, but Sasa would be a decent option to use at times. Today was especially baffling as we kept trying to fling in crosses with no attacker up there in our team able to head a football, while Sasa sat on the bench. It's especially odd given that Sasa has already done more than anyone else bar Neto and Hwang to give GON some breathing space here with his two winning goals.
Besides the crucial points his late goals gave to GON, Sasa also has a goal every 80 minutes despite very harshly being given table scraps this season. He's not as pony as some are making out here. Inexplicable that Gary gave him no time and Cunha the full match despite being ill, and Hwang despite playing crap. What an insult.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have risked that . Because Silva is worse .

There is very little in Hwang's recent performances and Silva's. The only difference is Hwang has the credit in the bank from the goals he's scored, which is fine. But if Hwang isn't scoring we cannot sustain his performances for much longer and GON is going to have to make a call on him.

The difference in all-round play between Hwang and Kudus is huge, for example.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang, who didn't touch for the ball for about 20 minutes from the 70th minute and has played every minute in recent weeks, or Cunha, our best player. Ideally both. We'd lost the game and there was no point risking these players with a tough schedule ahead.
So Silva’s imminent transfer is risked , his replacement cancelled. To save a match we couldn’t win ? There is a bigger picture here .

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sass just doesn't fit us at all but that said i don't really understand why he isn't getting 20 mins when we are behind and the gane plan is out the window.

Silva? Worthless. just needs to go right now. He just isn't a top flight player.

Should also add that Hwang is crap as well despite a nice goalscoring run.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Silva’s imminent transfer is risked , his replacement cancelled. To save a match we couldn’t win ? There is a bigger picture here .

What do you think happens to "Silva's imminent transfer" and our season if our top scorer does his hamstring and is out for 3 months?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you think happens to "Silva's imminent transfer" and our season if our top scorer does his hamstring and is out for 3 months?

Hwang you mean? We would probably be better as a team if Hwang was out injured. Don't think Silva comes into the question, he isn't going to get starts regardless. I would be surprised if we don't add a striker in January either.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A complex risk assessment . If you think that was the reason he wasn’t playing well then maybe . We got away with one .
But if you were Gary, O’Neill, would you prefer to have Hwang injured for a few months or no new replacement striker until May?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Besides the crucial points his late goals gave to GON, Sasa also has a goal every 80 minutes despite very harshly being given table scraps this season. He's not as pony as some are making out here. Inexplicable that Gary gave him no time and Cunha the full match despite being ill, and Hwang despite playing crap. What an insult.

GON owes sasa a significant amount for him feeling secure in his job with his finishes in limited minutes…..

Without his goals, we draw with Everton and Bournemouth and we have 4 less points and we are closer to relegation and there would have been a lot more pressure on him at that stage of the season.

Sasa can finish, he has league and cup goals.

GON not playing him is a bloody joke!!!! There is a point of difference and also Cunha was sick!!!!! Why risk his fitness when the game was gone???

Bloke is bloody muppet, who has inept game management with his subs and in game ability to make changes

Reaction score
It's pretty clear that time is up for both them as GON just does not fancy them. However, he shouldn't be so stubborn as to not use them (or at least one of them) in circumstances like yesterday. The game was done with 20 minutes left on the clock and with 3 games looming in just 7 days it was the ideal time to rest the likes of Cunha and Hwang who have been playing nearly every minute so far. Cunha, in particular, is vital to the team and he was apparently unwell yesterday so leaving him to play the full duration, in a lost cause, made no sense to me. Hwang's goals have been papering over the cracks but he was particularly poor yesterday and I doubt either Sasa or Fabio could have done any worse if he had given them 15-20 minutes at the end.

As others have said, there is no point having them on the bench if you don't intend to use them.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang you mean? We would probably be better as a team if Hwang was out injured. Don't think Silva comes into the question, he isn't going to get starts regardless. I would be surprised if we don't add a striker in January either.

Yeah, I agree and think Hwang is a terrible player but ultimately it's speculation and Hwang is out top scorer. So it's a significant gamble for someone who has a history of injuries.

A complex risk assessment . If you think that was the reason he wasn’t playing well then maybe . We got away with one .
But if you were Gary, O’Neill, would you prefer to have Hwang injured for a few months or no new replacement striker until May?

Not sure what the argument is here? I think risking your top scorer with a history of injuries so you can 'save' a player who doesn't have a history of injuries, and would only be going out on loan anyway, is ridiculous.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON owes sasa a significant amount for him feeling secure in his job with his finishes in limited minutes…..

Without his goals, we draw with Everton and Bournemouth and we have 4 less points and we are closer to relegation and there would have been a lot more pressure on him at that stage of the season.

Sasa can finish, he has league and cup goals.

GON not playing him is a bloody joke!!!! There is a point of difference and also Cunha was sick!!!!! Why risk his fitness when the game was gone???

Bloke is bloody muppet, who has inept game management with his subs and in game ability to make changes
I am sure Sasa and Silva are not playing for a non footballing issue ? Transfer or relationships.
So then you may say - why put them on the bench ? And I would say to that it reduces their transfer value significantly if they were not on the bench , we are telling a perspective purchaser we have written them off . But if we really really have to use them we would.

Back
Top Bottom