Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a Freudian slip during his post-match interview on Prime Video, O’Neil referred to Hwang Hee-chan, a double goalscorer last night, and Sasa Kalajdzic, a perennial substitute, as his only No.9s.

It was revealing about the status of Fabio Silva, who has not figured in the Premier League for almost two months and appears as far away from making it at Wolves as he ever has done

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best to move both on and bring in a decent number 9 who fits how O’Neil wants to play. Would improve us immediately, as these two aren’t contributing anything at present. Not saying they are bad players, just that a move for both would likely suit all parties. Shame really, as had high hopes for both in the summer, but its not looking to be.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's clear we are not risking him , even for cameo's as we don't want an injury to scupper the January plans .
Yeah I’d be utterly amazed to see either Fabio or Sasa in a wolves shirt again.

I feel for Sasa in particular because he seems a decent lad and he’s looked ok when he’s played (and got goals). I just think it’s very much he isn’t the sort of forward GON wants. All the talk that we lack a plan or identity under GON is nonsense the one thing that sticks out massively is he wants pacy forwards to break lines when we attack but more importantly start the press when the opposition have the ball, that’s something Sasa can’t physically do and the press doesn’t work if only two out of three forwards do it.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I’d be utterly amazed to see either Fabio or Sasa in a wolves shirt again.

I feel for Sasa in particular because he seems a decent lad and he’s looked ok when he’s played (and got goals). I just think it’s very much he isn’t the sort of forward GON wants. All the talk that we lack a plan or identity under GON is nonsense the one thing that sticks out massively is he wants pacy forwards to break lines when we attack but more importantly start the press when the opposition have the ball, that’s something Sasa can’t physically do and the press doesn’t work if only two out of three forwards do it.
Some of em like a plan B , plan C.......that normally involves hoof it up to the big lad .....they can't let it go ...

Probably the same posters who never seen Jota as a striker......

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa is our best finisher, GON clearly wants a work horse instead

As for Fabio, looks like he’s not suited to the league. The pressure of him playing for us has not worked out add in the price tag. It’s time he’s moved on for benefit of both parties
I would had said that Hwang is our best finisher. Agree about Fabio.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of em like a plan B , plan C.......that normally involves hoof it up to the big lad .....they can't let it go ...

Probably the same posters who never seen Jota as a striker......
It’s a pointless tactic in the modern game (all teams would have a giant on the bench if it worked). Defenders don’t tire like they used to and they don’t get bullied as much as before as referees just give the defender the foul 9 times out of 10.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a pointless tactic in the modern game (all teams would have a giant on the bench if it worked). Defenders don’t tire like they used to and they don’t get bullied as much as before as referees just give the defender the foul 9 times out of 10.
The truth is with Saza in the team, we probably don't score 1 of those goals last night......maybe with the exemption of Lemina goal......and people were calling for Saza to start.......a player who Collins would probably have dealt with easily....

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
My only 'negative' thought last night was around these 2. We lost Hwang and brought on a midfielder. And then Cunha looked shattered at the end, but we got the usual Doc and Doyle combo.

I'm behind GON so back his decision. But for a club like us to have 50mil of strikers we don't think good enough is a daft place to be

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The truth is with Saza in the team, we probably don't score 1 of those goals last night......maybe with the exemption of Lemina goal......and people were calling for Saza to start.......a player who Collins would probably have dealt with easily....
There’s always talk on here of getting a “proper number 9” but a fluid front 3 suits us much more. Brentford made mistakes last night but we pressed them to death up front and we got rewarded for it.

Our next forward will be in the same vein as Neto, Hwang, Cunha. Full of pace, we don’t need a big unit that’s not the game plan. Press them hard without the ball and run them with the ball.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only 'negative' thought last night was around these 2. We lost Hwang and brought on a midfielder. And then Cunha looked shattered at the end, but we got the usual Doc and Doyle combo.

I'm behind GON so back his decision. But for a club like us to have 50mil of strikers we don't think good enough is a daft place to be
It would be a daft place , if we wasn't scoring......

It's just the manager doesn't fancy either....it's no different to not using Jonny ...they can't do what he wants. ..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair to GON he didn’t buy those £50 million of forwards and if he think they don’t fit his system (they don’t) then that’s his call.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to GON he didn’t buy those £50 million of forwards and if he think they don’t fit his system (they don’t) then that’s his call.
Yes.....Bruno Lage specifically wanted Saza , cause he wanted someone to play off as such.....like he did with Serefovic at Benfica....

As you say Fabio and Saza can't do what Gary O'Neil wants cause one is a fanny and the other one can't run ....

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins wouldn’t have coped with my granny last night.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins wouldn’t have coped with my granny last night.
Saza is the type of player Collins plays well against....give him someone who is a bit quick or forces him to move the ball quicker he struggles... Collins would probably beat Saza in every duel.....

Rowzed

Reaction score

I‘m disappointed for the two players but reassured as a fan that there is a bigger picture.

He has to bring a ‘bench’ striker to matches in case we lose one to injury and are behind in a game, but no need to bring one on last night when what we needed was more control and not more goals.

January is a few days away, these two will be on the radar of any club that ‘needs a striker’. There will be offers, the players will be aware of them, why risk income with a week to go if you also have targets lined up?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saza is the type of player Collins plays well against....give him someone who is a bit quick or forces him to move the ball quicker he struggles... Collins would probably beat Saza in every duel.....
I hope the lad goes on to have a great career but he has got to cut out the brain farts otherwise he’ll struggle to find a manager to trust him. He had an absolute shocker last night.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought he got the subs bob on last night, Bellegarde was the right option - with pace to get behind. Doc for Semedo - straight swap. Then Doyle on to stiffen the midfield.

I get what you mean though Sasa could have come on for Cunha, but maybe it's the lack of pace thing. I do feel sorry for him having scored 2 winners for us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Says there is some Premier League interest in Sasa. Wonder who that may be? Luton? Palace? Brentford?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Colins couldn’t deal with the game when no on was near him, he was easy pickings let night!

hahahaha

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. According to Rangers fan, Silva is 'Quick, mobile, goal threat, good technically. Good signing this.'

Maybe in the Scottish PL he will be quick but he will find some of those small intimidating grounds a challenge on a very cold Scottish winter's day.

Still, he'll have a chance of some silverware and possibly a league winners medal!

Back
Top Bottom