Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean you had a show on TV called Soccer AM until 6 months ago.

But I know most don't call it soccer it there. I go back and forth, I don't stop and think while I'm typing. Sometimes it comes out football, sometimes soccer. Usually during American Football season, I end up saying soccer more by default.
that’s a fair point and when it was a good show no one battered an eyelid. when it went ****….

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
In Comms thread yesterday
@ Hawkguy -
“He passed to open space, but Doherty didn't move so it looks like he passed right to an open area for Arsenal. He fully expected Doherty to go to the open space.”.

:tearsofjoy:
Given that Doc isn't even in shot as the camera scans left that seems a tad optimistic / generous.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea, I never watched it, haha.

I'm guessing that means glasses? I've never heard specsavers in my life, haha.
You will.
They‘ve already opened many of their planned 200 stores in Canada. I bought a pair yesterday. Always used LensCrafters before but they overcharged…….now they have some competition at long last.
I think I saved about. $400 on one pair.

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pure technique and class…. That will be up there for goal of the season easily even though it is only November
Garnacho annoyingly said hold my beer with his out of this world Overhead Kick, which unsurprisingly won PL Goal of the Month.

Still, Pablo’s was an absolute corker.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Garnacho annoyingly said hold my beer with his out of this world Overhead Kick, which unsurprisingly won PL Goal of the Month.

Still, Pablo’s was an absolute corker.

I always think goals like Sarabia's are better than an incredible volley personally.

Sarabia's required a perfect touch, and a finish, so more things that could go wrong. Whereas a volley is just about timing, and just about anyone could get it right at some stage!

It's why most of my favourite goals of all time are all multi-touch goals, like a lot of Le Tissier's, Gazza's Euro 96 goal and Neves's volley.

That said, an overhead kick is an overhead kick. The timing to get that right is incredibly difficult, let alone from the distance Garnacho scored from. Deservedly wins goal of the season I think.

Still not better than Trevor Sinclair's though, which is always missing from the 'PL best ever overhead kicks' as it was in the FA Cup. The pace of the cross, the distance out, the power he got on it - incredible.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always think goals like Sarabia's are better than an incredible volley personally.

Sarabia's required a perfect touch, and a finish, so more things that could go wrong. Whereas a volley is just about timing, and just about anyone could get it right at some stage!

It's why most of my favourite goals of all time are all multi-touch goals, like a lot of Le Tissier's, Gazza's Euro 96 goal and Neves's volley.

That said, an overhead kick is an overhead kick. The timing to get that right is incredibly difficult, let alone from the distance Garnacho scored from. Deservedly wins goal of the season I think.

Still not better than Trevor Sinclair's though, which is always missing from the 'PL best ever overhead kicks' as it was in the FA Cup. The pace of the cross, the distance out, the power he got on it - incredible.
Fabulous, although Pele's overhead in Paris was as good but under much greater pressure! ;)

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm sure i heard / read Trevor Sinclair talking about that goal. He basically said he was too knackered to run much anymore so tried an overhead kick instead!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was our best player today while he was on. Always moving into space, looking to make things happen, needed to get the ball to him more rather than take him off

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously a good player given the level he’s played at, and he’s our best player on the ball. Always think he’s most likely to create a chance.

The issue is with our formation really, with so many defensive players starting, we really need our front three to have pace, but Sarabia doesn’t so it all looks so disjointed and ponderous. Not his fault. Think he’d be really suited to playing in a 4231, with three other attackers around him for him to work with.

We should be figuring out how to ensure he gets much more of the ball and that our attacks go through him.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Obviously a good player given the level he’s played at, and he’s our best player on the ball. Always think he’s most likely to create a chance.

The issue is with our formation really, with so many defensive players starting, we really need our front three to have pace, but Sarabia doesn’t so it all looks so disjointed and ponderous. Not his fault. Think he’d be really suited to playing in a 4231, with three other attackers around him for him to work with.

We should be figuring out how to ensure he gets much more of the ball and that our attacks go through him.

Completely agree. Today it was calling out for a simple change to take one of Bueno or Toti off and go:

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Toti/Bueno
Lemina, Gomes
Bellegarde, Sarabia, Hwang
Cunha

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Really starting to find his feet in the Prem I feel. Was miffed when he took him off on Tuesday when he’d been our best player and again today! When Neto is back having both in the team with the way Cunha is now playing too will be mouthwatering!….just hope our manager allows them to play and express themselves!!!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Probably been our best player this week, not quite sure it was the right thing to take him off. It’s a nice problem for Gary to have but he’s going to have to find a way to get Neto, Sarabia, Bellegarde, Hwang and Cunha all in the team.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably been our best player this week, not quite sure it was the right thing to take him off. It’s a nice problem for Gary to have but he’s going to have to find a way to get Neto, Sarabia, Bellegarde, Hwang and Cunha all in the team.
I don’t think he needs to figure out how to get them all on together, but he does need to figure out how to rotate them effectively to be fluent and able to create chances for the full 90 minutes.

One thing Lopetegui did last year was make best use of the squad over 90 minutes using the 5 subs effectively. Feels like we’ve gone back to trying to play our best XI and react in game.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he needs to figure out how to get them all on together, but he does need to figure out how to rotate them effectively to be fluent and able to create chances for the full 90 minutes.

One thing Lopetegui did last year was make best use of the squad over 90 minutes using the 5 subs effectively. Feels like we’ve gone back to trying to play our best XI and react in game.
True but Lopetegui often picked the wrong team. Could do with Gary picking it and Lopetegui making the changes

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True but Lopetegui often picked the wrong team. Could do with Gary picking it and Lopetegui making the changes
I’m not sure he picked the wrong team so much as planned to make the most effective use of the players over 90 mins. He was only able to make such effective subs because those players weren’t starting, it was often as though he aimed to finish the game with his favoured XI for that game.

I think with 5 subs now it’s less about your best XI and more about maximising the effectiveness of 14 or 15 outfield players over the 90+ minutes.

If you’re good enough to put a team away in 60 minutes you can pick your best XI and then rotate. We’re a team who are unlikely to have a game sewn up inside an hour, so we need to ensure we have the ability to change or continue to hold a game right to the end.

That was something Lopetegui was pretty good at, it’s something we’ve been pretty good at doing this season too and are one of the best teams for picking up late goals and points, but the last couple of games we’ve been less effective with our subs and O’Neil needs to work on that.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't think that's true. One thing Julen did really well was the idea of having 'starters and finishers' rather than having a set starting XI and subs, if that makes sense. We used to look very dangerous off the bench later in games. Admittedly the squad then was stronger than it is now so it was easier to do.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think that's true. One thing Julen did really well was the idea of having 'starters and finishers' rather than having a set starting XI and subs, if that makes sense. We used to look very dangerous off the bench later in games. Admittedly the squad then was stronger than it is now so it was easier to do.
Apart from the games where we got absolutely thumped?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the games where we got absolutely thumped?

We've been thumped this season as well, e.g. Brighton at home, Arsenal away (2-1 but could've conceded at least six), Liverpool second half wiped the floor with us. As we're a bang average club on and off the pitch, that's what happens from time to time.

You can't tell me you think our Gary utilises his squad better, which is what I was commenting on.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been thumped this season as well, e.g. Brighton at home, Arsenal away (2-1 but could've conceded at least six), Liverpool second half wiped the floor with us. As we're a bang average club on and off the pitch, that's what happens from time to time.

You can't tell me you think our Gary utilises his squad better, which is what I was commenting on.
Gary has a weaker squad so you'd be comparing apples and oranges. I think he gets more out of the players left though. Hwang, Cunha, Ait Nouri, Lemina Neto all massively improved under him

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think the summer clearout and our thin squad is really impacting on us, especially since Neto and RAN have been injured. I don't think GON trusts the wider squad too much and I can understand why given the performances of Fabio and Sasa. Doyle is the only one I think he could have used more.

Imagine, if like Lopetegui, he had Neves and Nunes available to rotate with Lemina and Gomes, or Jimenez and Costa to come on or when Cunha needed a break. When Hwang is tiring I'm sure he'd love to bring Adama on too to bring some pace into the team. Lopetegui had all of those options (as well as Collins, Moutinho) and this is why Lopetegui threw the towel in, the squad was weakened in the summer with no sign of quality coming in. Yet we expect GON to still do at least the same things with the squad that Lopetegui did, even though Lopetegui himself knew he couldn't and left because of it.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That would suit him ideally. Right behind Cunha. Honestly, Cunha looks more like a number 9 with Sarabia playing because he knows Sarabia has the vision to get him the ball.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree. Today it was calling out for a simple change to take one of Bueno or Toti off and go:

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Toti/Bueno
Lemina, Gomes
Bellegarde, Sarabia, Hwang
Cunha
I think Toti was horrendous yesterday.

The issue becomes though that RAN is coming back soon, he's offensive minded and our CBs are Mertesacker levels of slow. Makes 4 hard.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
That would suit him ideally. Right behind Cunha. Honestly, Cunha looks more like a number 9 with Sarabia playing because he knows Sarabia has the vision to get him the ball.
Potentially we could play 4-3-2-1 with Cunha and Sarabia behind a striker. But then where do you play Neto and Hwang?!

Back
Top Bottom