Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t either, which is why I asked the question as some posters would like to see him play next game
From listening to him post game, he knows his limitations in this league,and is happy to help as he can.
I assume if he comes on again though, the opposition will have a plan for him!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At first glance, it does see, a crazy comparison. But then, Steve Corica had 32 international caps. Scored 5 goals for Australia. They do say that it is more difficult to score goals in an inferior team. He struggled in our league and never really came to terms with it. Would probably have done way better for a second level team in Spain!

Let's hope so, we could certainly do with some more of what we saw recently. Time will tell and presumably he will get more chances. That might be where the Corica comparison isn't all that ridiculous. He too had the occasional moments when it looked like he'd finally arrived, but never built on it and would then go off on another 10 match run of doing nothing.

That certainly was the right time. Against a tiring team, leaving gaps. It won't be every match, but will happen again. He gave us that composure with the final ball that had been sorely lacking throughout.
That goal and that pass to Lemina were sublime.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Position wise I think he is similar to Hwang, in so far as he doesn’t suit being far out wide but wants to be just off to the side. They probably both suit bring either side of a narrow front 3.
So does Cunha and Bellegarde, probably, and then where do you play Neto?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree on Corica.
Sarabia with 26 Spanish caps ( and 9 full international goals) is speciual IMO
For me Sarbia is an intelligent player, and his lack of consistency is only down to getting up to scratch with the Premier League .
He is a weapon to use at the right time against the right team.
This has been my long term view since the day he arrived , Saturday just proved to me he is moving to where I hoped he would get.
I like him, he’s a good player but realistically he should be up to speed now. His lack of physicality in a team in a battle doesn’t help. Put him in an Arsenal team and he’d look great.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At first glance, it does seem a crazy comparison. But then, Steve Corica had 32 international caps. Scored 5 goals for Australia. They do say that it is more difficult to score goals in an inferior team. He struggled in our league and never really came to terms with it. Would probably have done way better for a second level team in Spain!

Let's hope so, we could certainly do with some more of what we saw recently. Time will tell and presumably he will get more chances. That might be where the Corica comparison isn't all that ridiculous. He too had the occasional moments when it looked like he'd finally arrived, but never built on it and would then go off on another 10 match run of doing nothing.

That certainly was the right time. Against a tiring team, leaving gaps. It won't be every match, but will happen again. He gave us that composure with the final ball that had been sorely lacking throughout.
I think you got what I was saying. Do I think Sarabia is a better player than Corica? A million times I do, I just think they have very similar issues.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
At first glance, it does seem a crazy comparison. But then, Steve Corica had 32 international caps. Scored 5 goals for Australia. They do say that it is more difficult to score goals in an inferior team. He struggled in our league and never really came to terms with it. Would probably have done way better for a second level team in Spain!

Sarabia and Doyle on 60 mins is a must if they don't start. What an impact they made!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So does Cunha and Bellegarde, probably, and then where do you play Neto?
If everyone is fit we have good players missing out.

I’m quite liking the way Cunha is playing through the middle and I’m imagining Bellegarde suiting being in a midfield 3.
So ideally 433 I suppose. But a fit Neto clearly gets in ahead of Sarabia.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him, he’s a good player but realistically he should be up to speed now. His lack of physicality in a team in a battle doesn’t help. Put him in an Arsenal team and he’d look great.
Ok. But dont Arsenal have to play the same opposition. We do have a much more physical team today than in recent seasons , and that was much needed IMO
So perhaps dont play him against Sheffield United or Palace. I just feel he could be the key to unlock a stalemate. If used wisely. I suppose time will tell .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I defended Sarabia for a long time on here, but I had given up I confess. For me he's always worked hard and it's not a lack of energy that he suffers from, he was just the sort of player Lopetegui wanted to play a high press. Maybe not for 90 minutes, but changing the attacking players after about an hour was normal. I just couldn't believe how wasteful he was given his pedigree. I swear at midday Saturday not one person would have been sad to see him go, now he has to start. Just hoping it's not a flash in the pan.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Even for Arsenal, he would probably take awhile to bed in. I think half a season for flair players in his mould is an acceptable minimum and it can be as much as a year. Even Ødegaard wasn't that great for them in his first half season.

I think he's physically pretty slender, but he can have the right hunger sometimes that shows that maybe it will work out at least somewhat. If he can get into the right spots at the right time to receive the ball, he can do the business. He just needs to get into those positions more, because too often he doesn't find the game and kind of floats neither here nor there.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
I have much more belief in Sarabia making an impact than Silva .
Me too. Has the ability on the ball. We saw more from Sarabia in one game. Than iv seen from Silva in Wolves shirt so far. I don't know maybe will come good, with us I do not know that. Seem unlikely

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Me too. Has the ability on the ball. We saw more from Sarabia in one game. Than iv seen from Silva in Wolves shirt so far. I don't know maybe will come good, with us I do not know that. Seem unlikely
Yeah, but you can almost say the same thing about Sarabia; on Saturday we saw more of Sarabia in one game than we have seen from Sarabia in Wolves shirt so far :)

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Yeah, but you can almost say the same thing about Sarabia; on Saturday we saw more of Sarabia in one game than we have seen from Sarabia in Wolves shirt so far :)
We can only judge by who play

Silva not broken back into team. I think its game over. Pablo showed us what we all waited to see. Goal will go down in our memories to the gravestone

Silva I like because he always score past west brom but now well I dont know his loan was good

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
We can only judge by who play

Silva not broken back into team. I think its game over. Pablo showed us what we all waited to see. Goal will go down in our memories to the gravestone

Silva I like because he always score past west brom but now well I dont know his loan was good
Yeah, true. Basically Silva needs to find a second and a third gear, without that he is like fish out of water unfortunately.
His reaction and movement is way too slow, even though I believe he has both skill and vision to compete in football.
I also think he actually was quicker in both movement and thought during his earlier stint with us, so not sure what has happened to him in Belgium/Holland?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He made an unbelievable impact. I have been a very outspoken critic of his and when he came on I honestly was ready to leave the ground - such was the faith I had in that substitution.

I thought GON's comments were interesting as well in his post match presser - "he forced my hand in training this week" were the words he used.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He made an unbelievable impact. I have been a very outspoken critic of his and when he came on I honestly was ready to leave the ground - such was the faith I had in that substitution.

I thought GON's comments were interesting as well in his post match presser - "he forced my hand in training this week" were the words he used.
That's interesting. I wonder what his motivation is .

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every angle

What's interesting, in light of occasional recent comments about how poor our throw-ins often are and how we never seem to have players available to hit from a throw, is that the goal came from a quickly-taken throw in to an available player... Hwang in this case. More of this please!

Actually, both goals are rooted in a bit of quick thinking you could argue, catching Spurs on the hop.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor man management from O Neil not to give Sarabia some minutes last night.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a strange one. It seemed like a good time to keep his momentum going, even if it was from the bench.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd not that sort of reaction too harshly.
And seriously - Why on earth didnt he come on? He litteraly turned the game around for us on Saturday, yet got no mins yesterday, even when we struggled to create anything.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought GON's use of subs was strange last night and said as much in the verdict thread. The non-use of Sarabia, who's confidence must have been sky-high following his glorious goal and assist against Spuds will have surely taken a blow. We (GON) should have used that momentum better!
Personally, I think Hugo would have been a better option to replace RAN and Sarabia a better option to replace Bellegarde, although I wouldn't have taken Bellegarde off if he was OK to continue. I kinda understood the Doyle for Cunha sub, but to only make 3 of 5, when one was forced, was folly. Sarabia deserved another run-out.

Back
Top Bottom