Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great assist again.

Question though if Neto is fit is Sarabia in team? If so who drops out?

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he’s a really strange one. Superb delivery today and he has a wand of a left foot, but his general play is still pretty poor imo.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Has done really well since coming in and added some much-needed guile and silk to the go alongside the graft and steel of Gomes, Lemina et al.

Said on the verdict thread that he is probably the one who makes way for Neto but it would be incredibly harsh given his recent performances.

Wonder if we could go back to something resembling the team that started at Old Trafford with RAN moving back to more of an orthodox left-back position.

Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, RAN
Sarabia, Lemina, Gomes, Neto
Cunha, Hwang

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has done really well since coming in and added some much-needed guile and silk to the go alongside the graft and steel of Gomes, Lemina et al.

Said on the verdict thread that he is probably the one who makes way for Neto but it would be incredibly harsh given his recent performances.

Wonder if we could go back to something resembling the team that started at Old Trafford with RAN moving back to more of an orthodox left-back position.

Sa
Cunha, Hwang

His dead ball delivery alone is making a significant difference. Something we’ve really missed for a long time.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for him at times. He’s got some much football intelligence that some of the players round him don’t have (they have other attributes so it’s a balancing act), several times a game he sees a pass that the player in question doesn’t make the expected run and Sarabia gets closed down and it looks like it’s his fault. Thankfully more game time is meaning the above is happening less as players get used to each other

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His dead ball delivery alone is making a significant difference. Something we’ve really missed for a long time.
Neto hwang and cunha are clear starters for me but you need to be able to mix it up. Sarabia for cunha sometimes and move hwang to the middle would be effective too.

Nice to have players on form tho!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for him at times. He’s got some much football intelligence that some of the players round him don’t have (they have other attributes so it’s a balancing act), several times a game he sees a pass that the player in question doesn’t make the expected run and Sarabia gets closed down and it looks like it’s his fault. Thankfully more game time is meaning the above is happening less as players get used to each other
You can see it clear as day.

Who has been making runs for him lately? Lemina.

If you look at his first corner, some might think he lobbed it too high and far.. but he was clearly going for Lemina. And then on the cross, once he seen Lemina raise his hand signaling the run, Sarabia waited a moment until Lemina started and then BOOM, perfect delivery.

You've seen Sarabia get frustrated many times (more-so last year) when players wouldn't move. He's not going to win too many 1 on 1's. His strength is vision and delivery. If no one is making runs, he's going to look like he's a "spare part" because he needs people moving to create magic.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Cunha, Hwang
I think our CBs are too slow for 4 at the back to be effective.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Cunha, Hwang
Hmm I'm not sure we can afford such little protection of the full backs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8 assists now, and top of the shop for us, 1 great goal too.

I was uncertain about him I have to say, but he's played his way in, he's created 25 chances, too, when Neto is back GON is going to have a headache!!
The sort of headache head coaches/managers absolutely love!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's a question of Sarabia or Neto; Neto gets my vote 10/10, but Pablo is certainly making a decision between the two harder, match by match.
Similar stats this season for assists and goals, but Pedro's are from fewer matches. Add-in Neto's explosive pace vs the snail-pace of Sarabia and it's no contest.
Like others have said; it'd be great to get both in the team, but that compromises something else. Nice problem for GON to have when Neto is fully fit, though.

fleck1

Reaction score
Great to see him finally showing his qualities. I don't know why people are determined to drop people, Neto hasn't played for two months and now he needs to earn his shirt, Cunha & Hwang have been good all year, throw in Bellegarde looking a pacey goal scoring option, If we can get in another striker in the window we have 6 options after three shirts. Rotation, injury, loss of form, tiredness all come in to play, empty the tank for 60/70 mins and bring on a fresh forward line, don't perform you're sat on the bench how it should be.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see him finally showing his qualities. I don't know why people are determined to drop people, Neto hasn't played for two months and now he needs to earn his shirt, Cunha & Hwang have been good all year, throw in Bellegarde looking a pacey goal scoring option, If we can get in another striker in the window we have 6 options after three shirts. Rotation, injury, loss of form, tiredness all come in to play, empty the tank for 60/70 mins and bring on a fresh forward line, don't perform you're sat on the bench how it should be.
You can't drop Sarabia now, "Yes Pablo I know you set 2 goals up on Wednesday but you're dropped"

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put a physical and intelligent central striker on the pitch and watch Sarabia assists grow even faster.
8 Assists to date and 1 goal and only played half this season. Lemina now looks for him , judging his position , and vice versa , others will too .
But the absolute quality of those assists and that goal are the proof of a quality player . A bit lightweight but he came to Wolves not Man City .

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8 assists now, and top of the shop for us, 1 great goal too.

I was uncertain about him I have to say, but he's played his way in, he's created 25 chances, too, when Neto is back GON is going to have a headache!!

It means we don't have to rush Neto back. Given his form at the time he was injured, losing him as not turned out anywhere near as bad as I'd expected. And that's thanks to Sarabia stepping up - well, all of them stepping up, really. Important that we aren't in such dire straits that we need to risk Neto for 90 minutes when he's not fully up to speed. Can ease him back in over the next month or two.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Quite possibly a bit too clever for some of our players so has taken a bit longer for him and the rest of the players to get used to each other.

If we had the players for a back 4 and gave him license to roam then he'd be a completely different player I think

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's a question of Sarabia or Neto; Neto gets my vote 10/10, but Pablo is certainly making a decision between the two harder, match by match.
Similar stats this season for assists and goals, but Pedro's are from fewer matches. Add-in Neto's explosive pace vs the snail-pace of Sarabia and it's no contest.
Like others have said; it'd be great to get both in the team, but that compromises something else. Nice problem for GON to have when Neto is fully fit, though.
That's a bit of a misleading case. I'd play Neto too but less games doesn't really mean anything when Neto still has a ton more minutes than Sarabia.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put a physical and intelligent central striker on the pitch and watch Sarabia assists grow even faster.
8 Assists to date and 1 goal and only played half this season. Lemina now looks for him , judging his position , and vice versa , others will too .
But the absolute quality of those assists and that goal are the proof of a quality player . A bit lightweight but he came to Wolves not Man City .
Lemina and Cunha are the only players with enough footballing sense to make runs for him.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's unfair to Hwang.
If you look back, I was one of the FEW who wanted Hwang to stay around. Most people were willing to drive him anywhere in the world. I'm a huge Hwang supporter.. but it's not his footballing sense that makes him good. It his effort and hard work. His press is usually top notch.

I'd venture to say Hwang is actually one of the one's I've seen players get frustrated with most. He kind of runs around and players aren't sure how to read him a lot of the time. Doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to his runs. A lot of his goals end up being rebounds or "right place, right time" kind of things.

Again, big Hwang fan.. but I don't think footballing sense is near the top of his asset list.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he stays here for a few years. We don’t have any other player like him and to buy one would cost an absolute fortune. If he plays and has a good game, there is a strong chance we win. Thats how good he is technically. Sure there are some weaknesses to his game, but he’s quite effective and head and shoulders above Podence (literally and figuratively). £4/5 million was a steal really

JorJor

Reaction score
Interesting no City, Liverpool or Arsenal among the leaders. Must be more evenly spread across those teams

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Cunha has a lot of gravity within the attack and makes a lot of space in ways that don't show up easily.

Cunha just behind, but in front of Lemina and Gomes. If he carries, the rest make way for him....we need to make defences backpeddle even more.
Neto can play Hwang's role for a few weeks, it's not too dissimilar from what he does anyway.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting no City, Liverpool or Arsenal among the leaders. Must be more evenly spread across those teams
Why do you think this table is from the other 14?

Back
Top Bottom