Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Potentially we could play 4-3-2-1 with Cunha and Sarabia behind a striker. But then where do you play Neto and Hwang?!
Hwang is the 1 in that formation isn't he?
When Neto is fit go 4231. As for ever though, it's the pace at the back that's the issue with a 4.

fleck1

Reaction score
Seems to finally be finding his feet and showing his quality. Id imagine his substitutions are down to match fitness due to lack of game time. Fit and inform Cunha, Sarabia and Neto creating chaos behind a central striker is what we need to see now.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be very wary of reverting back to a four just because we couldn't take the game to a rather negative Forest side on Saturday. As mediocre as we've been of late, our record with a back four is complete ass this season. The only time I'd consider it is at half-time against sides who have no interest in getting anything more than a point against us, which I would suggest will be few and far between.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be very wary of reverting back to a four just because we couldn't take the game to a rather negative Forest side on Saturday. As mediocre as we've been of late, our record with a back four is complete ass this season. The only time I'd consider it is at half-time against sides who have no interest in getting anything more than a point against us, which I would suggest will be few and far between.
Thats true but what can we do to play successfully with a back four ?
It was the same , it appears we replaced Coady with Dawson . We could do with a faster captain !

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats true but what can we do to play successfully with a back four ? It was the same , it appears we replaced Coady with Dawson . We could do with a faster captain !
Deffo more pace at centre half, which we've never had at this level. Quite a rare thing. I think the back five under Nuno was in part to mitigate that. Lopetegui is the only coach who got us doing okay with a back four, but his was still a deep-lying style with Neves acting as a borderline emergency centre half when we defended.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep Sarabia on the pitch at all times .
He is a game changer with real ability and a football brain .

When Neto is back, there are a couple of ways of playing him and keeping Sarabia in the team.

One of them involves a back 4, the other involves Neto playing an advanced left midfield role in the back 3/4 hybrid we've were playing at the start of the season, where Toti would drop in at left back when we were attacking and tuck in to the left of a three when defending.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the summer clearout and our thin squad is really impacting on us, especially since Neto and RAN have been injured. I don't think GON trusts the wider squad too much and I can understand why given the performances of Fabio and Sasa. Doyle is the only one I think he could have used more.

Imagine, if like Lopetegui, he had Neves and Nunes available to rotate with Lemina and Gomes, or Jimenez and Costa to come on or when Cunha needed a break. When Hwang is tiring I'm sure he'd love to bring Adama on too to bring some pace into the team. Lopetegui had all of those options (as well as Collins, Moutinho) and this is why Lopetegui threw the towel in, the squad was weakened in the summer with no sign of quality coming in. Yet we expect GON to still do at least the same things with the squad that Lopetegui did, even though Lopetegui himself knew he couldn't and left because of it.
i think this sums it up brilliantly.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the summer clearout and our thin squad is really impacting on us, especially since Neto and RAN have been injured. I don't think GON trusts the wider squad too much and I can understand why given the performances of Fabio and Sasa. Doyle is the only one I think he could have used more.

Imagine, if like Lopetegui, he had Neves and Nunes available to rotate with Lemina and Gomes, or Jimenez and Costa to come on or when Cunha needed a break. When Hwang is tiring I'm sure he'd love to bring Adama on too to bring some pace into the team. Lopetegui had all of those options (as well as Collins, Moutinho) and this is why Lopetegui threw the towel in, the squad was weakened in the summer with no sign of quality coming in. Yet we expect GON to still do at least the same things with the squad that Lopetegui did, even though Lopetegui himself knew he couldn't and left because of it.
Agreed . Lets hope a busy December doesnt knacker too many players.
But we have points on the board and money in the bank to add some much needed players in January.
Neto , Ait Nouri , Bellegrade and Doyle to be used or available as well as more Sarbia .

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing annoying how much hate he gets.

8 goal contributions in 683 minutes. More than one contribution that doesn't show in stats during the build up to goals. Creates more chances than just about anyone else in gold.

Could have had multiple goal contributions today if we had players who were actually confident in the area. That ball to Hwang should be in the back of the net 9 times out of 10.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing annoying how much hate he gets.

8 goal contributions in 683 minutes. More than one contribution that doesn't show in stats during the build up to goals. Creates more chances than just about anyone else in gold.

Could have had multiple goal contributions today if we had players who were actually confident in the area. That ball to Hwang should be in the back of the net 9 times out of 10.
No hate from me.. he’s been a bargain for 5mill.

He’s a good option for us to have to unlock defences.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Question, similar players but who would you rather have in the team Sarabia or Podence?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he would shine brighter in a side that had better players around him. I don’t mean to sound derogatory towards our players but we really don’t have many ‘ballers’.

He has the technical ability to be a squad player at City or Arsenal, he wouldn’t look out of place. He’s a footballing level above most of our other players and sometimes that makes him look average because they are not doing what he expects them to do.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, I find him quite frustrating. Absolute wand of a left foot on him, and the best vision of any attacker we currently have. Yet, I still feel like something's lacking there. Doesn't have the pace to threaten on the break, and weak as toffee.

He's basically Fabio Silva off the ball, but he's top class with it. I suppose if he had the best of both worlds, he probably wouldn't be at Wolves!

Would he be better suited as a #10?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question, similar players but who would you rather have in the team Sarabia or Podence?
Thought of this comparison earlier myself. Think Sarabia has more quality, he can't go past players with an injection of pace like Podence can, but he also won't **** about with a ridiculous back heel if he has a simple, effective pass on

Podence's most productive season in terms of contributing to goals was last season with six, Sarabia is on five from less than a third of the time on the pitch, which is pretty impressive

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia’s corner for Lemina’s header was his 4th assist of the campaign and he goes into second for Wolves assists behind Neto on 7.

His corners on Sunday in general were rather good and I hope that continues, knowing what he can produce.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia’s corner for Lemina’s header was his 4th assist of the campaign and he goes into second for Wolves assists behind Neto on 7.

His corners on Sunday in general were rather good and I hope that continues, knowing what he can produce.
Shows how we all see things differently. I thought his corners were poor with most either not clearing the first defender or overshooting the penalty area, for example the one that Gomes picked-up early in the second half and put in a much better cross which Toti should have scored from! So, I thought I'd check and on the 'Footy Stats' website, his pass completion rate is a creditable 76%, but his cross completion rate is 32%, which doesn't seem that great.
Make of that what you will!

By the way, Neto is still top of the Premier League assists table with 7 as you say and he's not played for a month. o_O

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia is a very intelligent player as well as a top professional and he’s got a football brain.

He’s showing his worth, now he is being given more minutes and starting games.

Sarabia may be a bit lightweight, but look at Martinelli and Jesus at Arsenal, Bernardo Silva at Man City, Maddison at Spurs, Garnacho (I know!) at Yanited etc etc. Just the same, but vital to their respective teams.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasteful on occasions but give him the ball in a bit of a space and get runners off him and he will produce

Back
Top Bottom