Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sammy Chung

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Really sorry to read this. I spent my 8th birthday as Sammy's guest at Molineux, a day I'll never forget, and one that cemented my love for the club.
Sammy, along with John Richards, Willie Carr, Kenny Hibbitt, Steve Kindon, holds a very special place in my childhood memories.
Sleep well Sammy x

Strats

Reaction score
Out of pain and into peace.
RIP Sammy ... and thank you.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if our current owners had or now have any idea that a previous manager of ours was half Chinese.
They could really celebrate his time and connection to the club, it could be an emotional spectacle showing chinese culture and links (for Chinese tv).
(I dont mean any offence by this, I have no idea if Sammy embraced his heritage at all)
RIP Sammy

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
That's sad news, I was too young to really judge him, but always seemed like a humble guy who just loved the game and the club.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad news.

RIP Sammy.

With condolences to family and friends.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Sammy. Thanks for all you did for us, Reading, Watford and the other teams you were involved with. The world has lost a fine human being, but you will be remembered with great fondness.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
A lovely man - perhaps TOO nice to be manager with headstrong opinionated players. Knew him when I coached his son in Town schoolboys representative sides. He was charming & quiet & respectful of all. No hint of ego. Great great coach. But it was a time when players expected managers to have been great players if they were to be worth listening to!
RIP Mr Chung - a true gentleman of the game.

bully9

Reaction score
R I P Mr Chung you and Mr Mcgarry we’re in charge when I 1st fell in love with Our club

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
RIP Sammy.

So many memories, particularly of that promotion season back to the top division in 77.

A charming man with a ready smile.

I think it was sometime in the 80s or 90s and I met him in Waterloo Road. At first I was taken aback and shocked at suddenly seeing him but, when he realised I’d recognised him, his instant beaming smile calmed me and I said “Hello Sammy, how are you?!!” He immediately replied “Fine thanks!” And we passed by in opposite directions.

How I wished I’d had the courage to have a chat with him….

My sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

Sammy will forever be an integral part of our history.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
He was manager of Wolves when I went to my first home game in the 76/77 season - his first season in charge.
Rest in Peace Sammy.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Saw his name and dreaded the news. Worked with Sammy when he was in Social Services at Aldersley House. He coached the football team I played for (and played at CB occasionally) so got to know him quite well back in the 80's. Was a real gent, and although it's been a while have some fond memories.

RIP Sammy the world was a sadder place without you.
I remember when we played Social Services at Lilleshall when you and Sammy played together at the back and I was in goal for the Civic Centre team .
Sammy was an absolute gentleman,possibly too nice to be a Football Manager.I remember when we were struggling after we gained promotion and a mate of mine and I wrote to the club seeking’ an audience ‘with him to express our concerns .We were told we could have 30 minutes but ended up staying for 2 hours .It wasn’t long before work began on the John Ireland stand and he ended up saying to Harry Marshall’ Mr Chairman it is no good building a fort if you haven’t got the soldiers to put in it’ It is something that continues to resonate with me all these years later .
RIP and thanks for everything you did for our beloved Wolves
RIP that man x

Last edited:

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He used to live over the road from me in Bishops Wood, lovely bloke. RIP Sammy

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Too young to remember Sammy at Wolves unfortunately but sincere condolences to his family and friends at this sad time. Will always be a Wolf.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sammy was a really good skin.
Very well respected by players and supporters alike.
Did an excellent job for us and I for one was sad to see him leave
.Loved Wolves and gave his all for us!
Thanks for the very fond memories Sammy.

A gentleman to the end!!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad news. I remember your time as I was growing up with Wolves so fondly.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad news.
From an era before my time but have read much about him in my time as a Wolves fan.
RIP Sammy, God bless you sir x

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP. A great assistant to Mcgarry when we were last a really decent team.

Back
Top Bottom