Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sammy Chung

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
won the league cup and got to UEFA cup final whilst he was assistant to McGarry, not quite as much success when he took over as manager, other than the promotion back to top flight.

RIP Sammy

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Saw his name and dreaded the news. Worked with Sammy when he was in Social Services at Aldersley House. He coached the football team I played for (and played at CB occasionally) so got to know him quite well back in the 80's. Was a real gent, and although it's been a while have some fond memories.

RIP Sammy the world was a sadder place without you.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second manager in my lifetime. Wasn’t he the bloke with the bucket and sponge under McGarry?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure how this happened but it did when I was a young boy. My mother called up Wolves one summer to order me a Wolves satchel for school. Instead of being put through to the club shop she was put through to Sammy Chung by mistake. Totally unflustered he took down the details and a week later a Wolves bag arrived free of charge courtesy of Sammy. My mother would talk about it for years after saying what a nice man he was. Hope she meets him up there to thank him.

Rest in peace Sammy and thanks for all of the memories.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
I met Sammy several times and he was always approachable, warm and friendly. He came to a Supporters Club Dinner at Molineux several years after his retirement and was just the same nice guy.

I know the players of that time thought the world of him and he did manage Wolves to promotion in the 70's.

Thoughts are with his family

RIP Sammy

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Sammy. Deepest condolences to the Chung family.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Sammy was part of the Wolves from my youth and am sorry to learn of his passing. RIP Sammy. Say hello to Bill Mac for us.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure how this happened but it did when I was a young boy. My mother called up Wolves one summer to order me a Wolves satchel for school. Instead of being put through to the club shop she was put through to Sammy Chung by mistake. Totally unflustered he took down the details and a week later a Wolves bag arrived free of charge courtesy of Sammy. My mother would talk about it for years after saying what a nice man he was. Hope she meets him up there to thank him.

Lovely story, WB.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember him well.
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh No loved him and Bill McGarry together
What an absolute tragedy
Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends at this sad time
This. I was a very young kid when Sammy was our manager and always remember him getting us promoted (I was about 5 at the time). Always had a soft spot for him. Sad news indeed.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Great story

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
Starting going to the Mol in the 1975-6 season and one of the first big things I recall was hearing that Sammy had replaced Bill McGarry as Manager. Remember him walking past all us kids in the enclosure on the way to the bench before kick-off each Saturday.

R.I.P. Sammy.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Wolves manager when I first started loving football and then Wolves. RIP Sammy.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Remember Sammy from the days when there were 2 people only in the dugout. Lovely Man who was part of a great era for Wolves. God Bless you and your family.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Sammy. Sat in front of him at the Mol a couple of times around late 1980's.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The two best goal scoring teams in my 50 years as a Wolves fan were the Graham Turner Third Division Champions of 1988/89 with 96 goals and Sammy Chung's Second Division Champions in 1976/77 who scored 84. What a feat it was that team had five players make it into double figures, King John Richards with 20, Kenny Hibbitt 17, Alan Sunderland 16, Steve Daley 13 and Bobby Gould 10.

Thanks for the Memories Sammy.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good manager and genial gentleman. Condolences to his family, RIP Sammy

Back
Top Bottom